Everything is overtuned

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Regazozo, Dec 12, 2018.

1. took2summit11 Augur

Lol, I am on your server, my name is Foradak. Please invite me to one of your groups and I will heal for it :)
  2. Outlander Engine Elder

You know what? I'm not going to going to defend asking for independent corroboration. I'm also not going to explain the difference between being skeptical about what sounds like a bit of exaggeration and outright calling someone a liar.

I will point out that you are quick to take offense and give little care to what offense you give.
  3. took2summit11 Augur

Ok, sorry for saying yo uncalled me a liar. I guess questioning what I am saying doesn’t mean I am instantly a liar. I am not exaggerating whatsoever. The group was:
    SK
    Rogue
    Necro
    Mage
    Pal
    Healer merc

The healer merc often died very early, leaving me to be the sole healer for the majority of the fight (the SK could, obviously, mostly keep himself up with me pad healing).
  4. FawnTemplar Augur

/smh

I need to someone to tag in for me.
    Whulfgar and Mintalie like this.
  5. Yendar Augur

That means the SK was healing. You wouldn’t be able to heal the trial & tank or with another ward or paladin tank.. if you only have to heal the AE’s sure.
    FawnTemplar likes this.
  6. Whulfgar Augur

Fawn, that guy is thee only 1 who is fighting everyone on the boards. Best to not feed into it. Its the same guy who was trying to fight with me earlier too. /shrug.. Some people play EQ.. some people play thread post EQ ..

it is what it is girl.
  7. Tucoh Augur

I mean, I beat it last night boxing it in RoS group gear and I only have a few pieces of TBL gear on my warrior. Once I get him geared up from doing Hunter I think it'll be a cakewalk as long as I can snap aggro on the shards + golems before they eat my bard/ranger. Getting better at hitting invis between phases would help a lot. I was only successful 1 out of 3 times getting out of combat.
    FawnTemplar likes this.
  8. Whulfgar Augur

9. Whulfgar Augur

Best post ever regarding that individiual.
  10. took2summit11 Augur

Show me one post where I initiate the attacking? Every single post I’ve done on here is me giving strategy/tips/claiming that I’ve beaten something in group gear and then someone disagreeing with me or saying they don’t believe me and then me defending myself. I would have literally just posted one time on this stupid thread if there wasn’t a chain reaction of haters/people that don’t believe me. Do I feel obligated to defend myself? Yes, just like you and everyone else that’s decided they don’t like me for whatever reason decide to respond to this post.

Have you noticed how it’s just been 1 week and the vibe of this thread has slowly transitioned from “Everything is stupid hard” to “some missions are feeling easier now”? I guess I was just a week early on my first post.
  11. FawnTemplar Augur

I have heard that with cc like a bard or enchanter this mission is way easier than with just ranger/druid cc (not down playing what you did because boxing it even with a brd must have been hell, I mean 6 players). Which also makes me worry about the accessibility of the mission. Do you remember the Tower of Rot ach which required you to have either a bard or a chanter? I didn't get that /ach for so long that I gave up while it was current content because nobody wanted to do it and there just weren't enough bards and chanters. That's another thing I worry about with this one. Although, I do agree that it should be kept fairly hard. Maybe just some of the mechanics need tweeking. I was thinking it might be helpful to not have the golem and the shards go active at the same time. Like maybe the shards go active on the previous golem's death and then you have a set amount of time to kill them before the next golem goes active.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  12. Hissteria Lorekeeper

I have found it all pretty easy, but not so easy that it is boring. It is easier because I play with great players. A few things needed to be fixed, and it looks like they worked on those things and are patching it today. I am hoping it doesn't make it too easy.

Do you really want the end-game to be easy?
    Whulfgar likes this.
  13. Mintalie Augur

That one was brutal. My chanter probably ran this mission 20 times getting people the achievement.

It would probably be fun to go back and try it! Probably still challenging.
    Whulfgar and FawnTemplar like this.
  14. took2summit11 Augur

What? Every group will either have an SK or Pal that can pad heal themselves or a warrior that has better mitigation. Invalid argument..unless you’re pet tanking I guess? I never took the stance that I tanked AND healed the mission. I only was saying I was the primarily/only healer in the group. And that was my job, not tanking.
  15. Whulfgar Augur

He## no.. That would make EQ boring. I think it should be harder per tier, and to those grp players who say its over tuned, Where were you when we had open beta .. to come test it out an get it tuned to YOUR .. play style ?

And why has no one asked that of them in all these pages ? /boggle..
  16. Gumlakx Augur

People's opinion of this expansion will depend on whether or not they can progress. No one would be happy being stuck in the entry zone, unable to progress.

Some issues I have:
    Pet aggro - pets seem unable to hold aggro, making them unusable as tanks. This limits group makeup.
    Dot damage - I was in a group in Emp where after we killed a golem the entire group wiped from a dot.
    Named mobs too tough - group geared players (and some raiders) cannot handle these.
    Gregwarrian likes this.
  17. Tucoh Augur

I didn't use CC. My team isn't set up for CC (er'bodies throwing out AE and DoTs) but that's on my list of things to add in. Until TBL CC was never important for me!

I agree that it'd be a lot easier to use CC for it, but there are so many classes that can effectively root mobs that I don't think you need a bard / chanter for CC. Just being able to have one necro/ranger/paladin/cleric/wizard rooting a shard, or a shaman getting them with their knockback root conal AE would make it so much easier.
    FawnTemplar likes this.
  18. FawnTemplar Augur

No. Every group will not have PAL or SK. Again this is point people have been trying to make with you. You make these claims like everyone has access to particular classes and they don't. If I am grouping with a WAR, why would I bring a PAL or SK to help me heal? In my experience, bringing a second tank just makes my life harder as a healer because tanks generally want to/ like to tank.
  19. Hissteria Lorekeeper

I was playing on beta for the whole time. Raids, Progression, all of it. We did have input.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  20. FawnTemplar Augur

I think that this could be a more viable option if they fix how the shards break root almost instantaneously. The RNG and I were chain casting vinelash and they were still breaking and coming for us. We weren't using any AE dmg which could account for the breaks.