Everything is overtuned

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Regazozo, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Orbital101 Augur

Trial of three is actually the easiest and fastest of the 5 trials. With 1 minutes to figure out which to kill from start and another after each kill otherwise the fail mechanism take over. If i remember right there are up to 20 possible emotes on wich many are identical in pratice... Gina trigers can this np.
  2. NeverPayForLag Augur

Nope, it isn't.I have a tank and a healer.. this remark is useless...

It is the usual fine line. If you cross a certain border of gear (AC, HP) then it gets easy. Before that it is simply like glue. It is the same all the time.... only this time it does not start at the end, it starts and the very beginning...

The first mob is not a big problem as long as Druid is patch healing.
    The second mob simply smokes us all the time.
    Lost meanwhile a blue due to rezzes.

I give up now...
    The entry level simply sucks.. and if you think it is easy then it is as easy as Cactiiccii and this has nothing to do with easy and even less with fun.

I hope now that I always choose the wrong mob as 2nd target and this makes this mob unnecessary hard.

Time for a thread...
  3. Bigstomp Augur

The whole design of the trial is you have to react quickly.
    Reacting quickly and correctly is the only challenge.

Hit the keyword for what to do then quickly read the clues.
    Have someone group invis, then wander to the middle.
    Look at all 3 mobs. (positions, weapons, sizes),
    Charge together at the one that fits the first clue.

As you're fighting it compare notes on what/where was the one to kill last.
    After the first dies, group invis.

Charge into the room of the one that is not set to be killed last
    Engage it, kill it.

Group invis. Move to the last one.
    Engage it, kill it.
    eqgamer, Khat_Nip and code-zero like this.
  4. Orbital101 Augur

What kind of gear your tank have and does he have all the def AA required? Post a magelo link!
    gnomeboss likes this.
  5. NeverPayForLag Augur

made now a thread for proper overview ->
  6. Tucoh Augur

Whatever that certain border is, it's way before RoS group gear. It's probably around EoK group gear, maybe TBM group gear. You have all the tools you need to succeed, you just need to stop finding reasons to fail and start finding ways to win.
    Coronay and Bigstomp like this.
  7. Tucoh Augur

Also the twister trial:
    https://tbl.eqresource.com/trialoftheeternalcyclone.php#comments

Is probably easier than the Three trial for undergeared players if a little more complex, assuming you have a caster DPS or two. I was trying elaborate ways to have split tanks in my six box (which was hard since the boss ignores pets when players are in range), but then I realized I could just park the mage, shaman and bard out of melee range and lay into him while my tank and berserker iced the adds on the bottom.
    eqgamer and Riou like this.
  8. segap Augur

I think a big part of the problem is allowing the deviant mind of Absor do required group content. More casual group players don't want to deal with GINA, emotes, taking notes and such. There are people that don't raid specifically because they don't enjoy this stuff. Even raiders are often split on Absor raids. Some love them, some hate them.
  9. Sarcogian Augur

10. FawnTemplar Augur

A wild Sarcogian has appeared!
    Sarcogian likes this.
  11. Sarcogian Augur

I've been considering coming back to annoy everyone. But Koryu keeps saying no.
  12. FawnTemplar Augur

Who listens to frogs?
    Sarcogian likes this.
  13. Endaar Augur

Interesting that you bring this up, as I had the same reaction to the Trial of the Speaker's Amphitheater. It played out like a single-group raid. As someone who loves raiding but doesn't have the time, I enjoyed it, but I can totally see many casual players being put-off.
    Pirlo likes this.
  14. Tach200 Journeyman

Trial of Three experience:

Raid geared tank, and 2 gold players that are not raid geared but are RoS/EoK T2 geared.
    Also, 1 healer merc and 2 dps mercs.

Beat the first mob, but the fight took for freakin' ever and both gold players were virtually OOM and all mercs were OOM. And, the raid tank was out of disciplines and endurance etc.

This seems to be a similar experience for all encounters to this point from my perspective.

Is it by design that non-raid geared gold players should expect to not be able to advance past Stratos? The xpac seems to be a lot of banging your head against a wall unless you're in a full raid equipped group.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  15. Kolani Augur

The Smoke trials are confirmed to be Absor content? That explains so much.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  16. segap Augur

17. Tucoh Augur

Welp, was cutting through the group content pretty quickly until I got to https://tbl.eqresource.com/strangemagic.php

The damage the mobs put out is tremendous, and boxing all the emotes while keeping the healing + defensive abilities going is challenging for me.

I think I can beat it if I execute really well, but I kind of like the idea of taking a step back to gear up in the content I can beat. Doing hunter in the T2 zones and doing the 2 Doomfire missions I have unlocked and the Mearatas should get my warrior geared up pretty quickly..
  18. Riou EQResource

I don't think the mission resets so you could invis and re-prep in or DA while in to re-setup, I guess as long as you can kill 1 you can win the mission unless time runs out if you just zerg it like that :p
  19. Axxius Augur

It doesn't reset, and you can zone in invis, but the moment you drop invis everything aggroes on you. They seem to have zonewide aggro. You can't rez and re-prep inside, but you can continue from where you wiped.
  20. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I really like this expansion - I feel like I'd say different if I wasn't in raid gear coming in. Hopefully, the tuning down will open up this content for more players. :)
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Axxius like this.