A Very Everquest X-Mas

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by gotwar, Dec 11, 2018.

1. AlmarsGuides Augur

This is awesome that you guys are doing this! Very few guilds in games ever do giveaways like this, it's always nice when someone actually steps up and does it. =)

I'm fairly sure I will be joining you all with another Christmas giveaway myself this year too. I am thinking of doing another week long giveaway with Collectibles - like I usually do every year. This year I have two or three more Collectible sets to give away as well which makes for A LOT of clicking on my part. The only thing that could stop me from doing the giveaway is if work slaps me with another project to finish after x-mas but before new years.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. Wanumtil New Member

[IMG]Love that you guys do this, I'm EU but I'll be staying up late to take part!

I'll be online as Wanumtil, see you in game!!
  3. gnomeboss Augur

keep it classy, fv!

[IMG]

i am kunark!
    Gyurika Godofwar, Ambition and gotwar like this.
  4. Dawdle Augur

[IMG]

Way to go guys, <3 me some FV. Valhalla.
  5. Josheb New Member

Dear Valhallah, Christmas in Everquest to me means fun. I think of Xp bonuses, double faction, double rares, give-a-ways, decorative zones, Christmas decorations, and much more exciting things.Some characters wear ornaments on their gear to make them look different, look cool, and spread the theme of Christmas everywhere they go. The main place that is usually decorated is the guild hall and guild lobby. It is really cool how the guild members take time to decorate our guild lobbies and halls, it is really nice of them.

I have been playing for 7 years and have liked this game a lot. I like all of the places and gear that they have added. All the Christmases have been really cool in the past 7 years. This years’ Christmas is going to be one of the best I think. It would be really cool if they made a Christmas zone where they had a huge tree with presents, animals like: penguins, snow leopards, and wooly mammoths. They should also have Santa’s workshop and have Santa as a named mob and elf helpers.

Over Christmas break is when I like to play because I have no school and I get to play more Everquest and don’t have to worry about school late at night. It is also cool because I get to admire the decorations in Everquest, where if I would play in the Summer, it wouldn’t have decorations. My dad plays with me, he has a Wizard on FV and plays with me a lot. He helps me with knowing about the game more. He has been playing longer than I have.

I have a Mage on Firiona Vie. I am kind of wanting to get into playing an Enchanter because they are really cool. If I were to play an Enchanter, I would think about buying my way up to level 85 with DB points. I like how you get a free 500 DB points every 30 days if you have a krono. That is what I like, you can get many items in the shop. I bought a mount on my Mage, it is really cool. When it runs, it leaves a fire trail around its feet. It would be cool if they made trails of winter themes. I would like it if my horse left a trail of snow.

A lot of my friends play this game with me, my dad plays, my cousins play, and some of my friends. Even though this game is came out way before I was born, it is still cool. The graphics aren’t bad, the style is nice, and you also have to learn and know how to play the character. I like how they have multiple classes and races. The characters I like playing are Mages, Enchanters, and Shadow Knights (mainly because of the free mounts).

Jazbix 110 Magician
    Gyurika Godofwar and gotwar like this.
  6. divirgmar Lorekeeper

What does EQ Xmas mean to me?
    As a returning player after a long hiatus, the interaction and the community means a lot to me. I have been able to meet new friends in pick up groups, and even reconnect with people in guild.
    General chat can also be funny at times. I remember hearing someone ask how to create autofire and the response was "type /autofire" and then someone else chimed in and said, "and then next line type "/consent". One day, a raid guild intent on getting to a target came up with an entire EQ themed cadence:
    I don't know but I've been told, Vox- 's lair is mighty cold,
    Nagafens wings are hot as hell, dont mess with gnomes that worship Brell.
    sound off- banner down? sound off - buffs are done!
    Venril wears a flowing robe, Good thing bertoxx is no germaphobe
    Veeshans peek is over run, Dragons inside eat every one.
    your left, your left.. your left! (right?) LEFT!

Additionally there have been many older players that I met for the first time that were kind to me in various ways, and I have tried to do the same to new players that I meet or run into in Norrath. At the same time, I look out for how I might return that kindness. One time a player in a top raiding guild who was kind to me way in the past shouted that they needed jungle pineapples and I happened to have them- I ran right away to send them. It was great.
    As a Mage from Erudin, I felt that tied in with the first mage quest, power of the gatecallers, where the NPC states "you shall find knowledge and you shall offer knowledge that you have been taught"

Manouk Estanatlehi
    110 Erudite Magician, Firiona Vie
  7. The Mighty Oz New Member

Reposting this because I ran out of time in the editor when I posted it, and forgot to put in the name of the FV character.

"Christmas in Halas"

It was the night before Christmas and many creatures were stirring , in Blackburrow that is. It was a
    long time ago on a server now far ,far away. While camping the Elite ledge with my friend Famellron and
    chatting away the downtime a troll shaman and human warrior came up on us. Naturally with both of them being red-cons and all the camp-stealing and mayhem we were used to in the zone we assumed
    the worst. Instead , the Troll shammy buffed us and gave me a moonstone ring and 50 plat. I forget
    what the warrior gave Famellron , but to both of us it was in effect a fortune. We thanked them, they told us to have a good time and left as suddenly as they came. Even though we never got a named by the time we were done we were both happy with our gifts from the two strangers so much it didn't matter.

Later on in levels I was in the Shammies guild , and raided PoSky with both him and the warrior but that is another story.

Fast forward to the next Christmas eve , and my mood was the exact opposite. The entire week preceding Christmas the internet was being worked on in my area and my connection was sporadic and insanely laggy. I couldn't go hunt with friends who had asked me to go camp whatever it was one of them were after because it was just impossible. I would have just gotten myself and them killed trying
    to tank for them with the lag I had. So instead they went off and did that and I sat in Permafrost at the Alchemist camp. The zone was an old haunt of mine and too low level to get me killed despite my horrific lag , so I figured I would camp the elusive cloak to trade or sell in EC. As anyone who has camped this named would know , its a terrible drop rate and there are times reported from others back then of upwards of 20 hours to get the drop sometimes.

There I was Christmas morning , having been too stubborn to give up the camp demanding the tiresome mob drop the cloak even after a bit over a dozen drops of mammoth legs and the cloak finally dropped. It was some time before noon I think and I headed off to Halas to sell vendor loot
    and hit the bank. I was exhausted from the nights camp but in a great mood I had gotten a cloak
    considering I could sell or trade it for something nice I could use.

I entered Halas , (got a skillup swimming across the zonein pond -always a plus ) and headed to
    the bank. Just outside of it was a naked Barb girl , nothing but the starting club on her. Suddenly the
    scene from that elite ledge came back into my mind and I walked over to her, handed her the cloak
    and said "merry Christmas" , she thanked me and said she had nothing to offer back to my reply
    of "someday you do the same".

She went on to be an officer in one of the raiding guilds later on and even though we spent many years on the same server we never talked again until the day I left for another server. I was saying
    goodbye to people I knew before transferring and thought of her. I waited until she got online that day
    because I was in no rush to say goodbye to my old server after 8 years when she finally got online.
    I sent her a tell saying I was leaving the server and wondered if she remembered me from all those years back. All I asked her was if she remembered me, nothing else. She didn't even say yes, instead immediately said "I still have the cloak in my bank" . I wished her well , she did the same and I left Prexus.

Merry Christmas Melanippe , I hope the cloak still fits even though you have long outgrown it.

And Merry Christmas Biggie Kindhearted (the troll shammy) , and Cmedie Invain ( Human Warrior)
    the two from the elite ledge , Famellron the warrior from long ago.

And everyone in Everquest.

See you all on FV wed night , Characters name is Ozzex .
    Saer-tse-tao, gotwar and Chanteren like this.
  8. Thundersnake Elder

The Meaning Frostfell by Thundersnake

Many of my own personal Frostfell experiences have been full of camaraderie excitement, giving and receiving. I find myself remembering the times long past spent with friends and family questing and slaying mighty foes while going after many a sought after item. With not only the help of my valued and trusted friends but also my thunderous kicks and furious fists, we prevailed time and time again. We triumphed against odds we sometimes feared might be our undoing. In trying times it is those friends which lend me the strength to continue through the trials of everyday life. When the grief of a fallen loved one hath stricken me, it was the words of these friends that gave me solace. I freely offer any advice and aid when I feel that it is needed because I know I can trust others to do the same in my time of need. I urge others to reach out to others in kindness even if it is nothing more than a kind word, it can do naught but good.

I don't really need anything, but I might pop in to say hello on Thundersnake, just thought I'd share. Happy Holidays all =-)
  9. IOL Member New Member

An EverQuest X-mas to me is a time of friendship and fun. Grouping with friends and enjoying the time spent with guildies. I enjoy logging into EverQuest after a stressful day because Norrath is the place that helps me unwind and I especially look forward to it during the holidays as it can become quite stressful. EverQuest x-mas is also a time of stories and legends, tales of hero's both old and new. EQ X-mas reminds me of an Ode of a Legendary battle of Valhallah.

Twas the night before Frostfell and all through the land,
    Valhallah was raiding for gifts oh so grand.
    Got was on point ready with charms,
    Mallakhi stood firmly with touch that could harm.
    They gathered their forces of which there were many,
    Santugg Claugg stood behind his goblin elves that were aplenty.
    Slivern said I am ready, Zlauk agreed good to go,
    Colypso faded to shadow with Huggiebare ready to slow.
    Bleve fired a nuke as the warriors charged in,
    Santugg raised up his staff and yelled let the battle begin.
    Lunatess said watch out for that reindeer as Colypso said all must now die,
    Mallakhi lopped off its red nose as Bleve blasted out the eyes.
    The battle was epic as Santugg put up a fight,
    but he fell with a crash under Valhallah's shear might.
    With bags that were heavy with loot and good gear,
    Valhallah headed off to Norrath to spread Frostfell happiness and good cheer.
    Mugs of ale raised high to a victorious fight,
    Merry Frostfell to all, and to all a good night.

My toons name on FV will be Zoottyy
  10. Sharon New Member

A very Merry Christmas to you all and a Happy New Year From Kaliany

[IMG]
    Saer-tse-tao and gotwar like this.
  11. Wild one New Member

Tis' the season where its not about the big fat loot gifts we get from the dragons we kill' but about the family and friends that we kill them with and share the grand gifts with.

Happy Holidays!
    Jenlynn Wildone

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Saer-tse-tao and gotwar like this.
  12. Ceffener Augur

EverQuest XMas

It was the year 2000 and we didn’t all die from Y2K. My parents had just got a divorce and I was now the new kid starting 6th grade in a new town. On my first day riding the school bus I learned two very important things. One, some guy named Goku was about to turn Super Saiyan and anyone that doesn’t watch Dragonball Z after school is a loser. And secondly that there was some amazing game called EverQuest that allowed you to play with other people on something called “the internet”. I did not have this internet, nor did I know who Goku was, but I would not be left behind so I quickly made friends to learn about these new wonders.

While visiting my new friend Mike, he showed me the world of Norrath and I was hooked. I honestly can’t tell you why, we were not lacking for amazing games at the time. But maybe it was just the ability to log on an keep playing with your friends after you had left their house. But atlas, how does one acquire internet? I quickly discovered that my mother was never going to buy me access. So how does a kid log onto his new found EverCrack? Well back in the day we still had a store called K-Mart who offered free ad based dial-up access called “Bluelight”, and so a lifelong addiction to MMO’s had begun.

I rush home with my free K-Mart internet and Mike’s set of EverQuest disc only to learn that you need login information to play. Oh what to do? I’ll just make a new account! But how? There is no new account button, apparently you have to buy your own copy of the game!!! So Mike and I worked out a schedule and graciously shared, but the addiction had began and this clearly wasn’t enough. So what was a kid to do? So I begged and I prayed and I begged some more and when I woke up on Christmas morning there was EverQuest and more! I tore open the box and can you imagine the shock, when my mother learned there was also a monthly subscription cost.

But by then it was too late, there was no backing out. I got my EverQuest and started new traditions (see picture earlier in thread of the next year getting SoV). While things have changed over the last 18 years, EQ is still here and though I may not play as much as before it always brings me joy. I can honestly say playing EverQuest sparked my interest in computers (you can use Windows dialer to dial into the free internet without ad’s), Luclin taught me how to install RAM and a GPU. I am now a Software Engineer and while I don’t make video games like I had planned it was EQ that set me down this path.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
    Sikkunn - FV

(Also Christmas morning was the only time I ever found the fishbone earring camp open...made me so rich one year)
  13. Valdinn New Member

[IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG]
    A very merry Christmas and a Happy Frosfell to all! From Malik on FV
  14. Larzzral New Member

Submitting for my daughter, character name Danlya. She's 9, turning 10 on the 19th! So like her own EQ birthday party! Not sure if her RL will allow her to log on though. Haha. Character that will be on is Blacksun

[IMG]

I will likely do the second entry here for myself.
  15. gotwar Gotcharms

There are some great submissions here! Except that one by Ssdar of my Fippy doll. Not cool.

Just a friendly reminder that today is technically the last day for submissions. I didn't list an official cutoff time, so we can be a bit flexible, but it would be great if these were all in before Wednesday around Noon.

Also, due to the number of submissions for both contests, we've elected to adjust the prize pool. Both prizes now look like this:

1st place - 100,000,000 platinum
    2nd place - 10 Krono

We may still add a third place prize, but we feel having the four prizes evenly split among both contests is a better way to spread the holiday cheer.

Remember, the item giveaways start at 8:30 PM EST on Wednesday! See you all there!
  16. Klaatuu New Member

17. Saer-tse-tao Journeyman

Ho ho ho, Meerrry Christmas,

I would like to begin by telling a tale of two realities. The first a cold day in Hell, Michigan (Yes, it is a town and yes I did live in it briefly). The second a bright sunshiny day in the Frontier Mountains of Kunark. Both occupied by the same person inside an ogre to all, in game an ogre shadowknight bah humbug was said to one and all.

Fancy writing aside the year was 1999 and Y2K was a major issue in my household. I have always felt that to my father it was an excuse to play his own fantasy game. One that involved a world in chaos where, perhaps, he would be a bastion of hope, a leader who others would look too. But I digress....

What EQ Xmas truly means to me is many things, but most of all it is simply the most comfortable place to enjoy the holiday. You see in my household things were not so grand, in fact you counted the good days on one hand, but never counted on them as they were quite rare. So as a sad young girl with an ogre of a temper inside I contributed in my own small way to the bah humbug anti-celebration at home, while secretly playing that round flat faced ogre with great cheer. In fact I imagined my character as an Ogre borne into being an SK due to natural skill not hatred or evil machinations. Mouriarty was my anti-hero. The one who broke free of a mold, retained his skills and used them for good will. Everquest the game was no more punishing or unfair to Mouriarty (This was during the corpse run - 30 minute boat rides - hours of exp forever lost in one death Glory days of EQ) than life was to me, Monica (Or so I had thought). Given this opportunity I had decided to look the part I felt and drop the bah humbug act to, ironically, be true to the real me. It was easier giving in Norrath and respect was earned through hard work. So as I sat at my computer waiting for the dial-up to connect I realized that Christmas could be more indeed it was more and that truth had been laid bare before my eyes. It wasnt in the presents, on the tree or part of a horrible song. The cliche didnt exist and yet it did. You see the reality of EQ Xmas was that community made us all band together and persevere through the harshest environments. The "Y2K Scare" was no more real than EQ, the imagined chaos no less harsh, but this escape my father tended as his own garden took more from him than my community in EQ ever could have. Yet my community in EQ also gave and through it I met and made so many friends. Silly it may sound, but Mouriarty was a more "real" me then I had been allowed and the rewards of an accepting community of strangers began my trek as a confident young lady back into the real world.

**I would like to give a shout out to a group of special friends that I have sadly lost contact with: Legacy of Steel & Fires of Wrath my first raid guilds on The Nameless Server. Elminster yer still a warm fart sack on a cold Michigan night! (Although that title seems to fit Wuddy more now =P)**

Merry Christmas to all of Everquest! Thank you FV for bringing me back again to the game that taught me what Christmas was all about (Rancur it was you and Patron of Valor).

Valhallah you are what the dreams of grandeur would look like: Strong, Demanding, Kind and Crass. From Gots dry-witty charm to Wuddy's brilliant schemes and big green crack. to Bleve's unending streak as the nicest person I have ever met in game to Mall's quiet kicking to Zlauk's threats of throat punches to come. A better group, guild or band of friends one could not ask more. CHEERS!!!

-Saerza Kosza, Enchantress extraordinaire (Or Treasonn the ranger, why tis the season, aye?)
    Grove likes this.
  18. Flish New Member

To me, EQ Christmas is all about balance. Balancing time spent with friends in game & time spent in real life with my family and loved ones.
    I'm relatively new to FV but the community feel has been overwhelming, with a plethora of help ranging from good advice right through to help with gear to get me started.

The highlight of my Christmas day will be opening presents with my two girls on Christmas morning, but I am genuinely looking forward to logging in to Norrath to wish all of the kind and generous people that I have met in game a very, very, Merry Christmas.

Happy hunting to all, and good luck in the competition! :)

Character name: Flish, currently 60-something Beastlord.
  19. Tessera DeMarre New Member

20. Bianna Gladefunner New Member

My favorite EQ things (sung to Raindrops on Roses) by Wynterri

Raindrops on Ogres
    And whiskers on Kerran
    Bright copper Steamfists and
    Warm woven tunics
    Brown Hand Made Backpacks tied up with string
    These are a few of my fav EQ things

When Chokidai bite
    When the bixie sting
    When I’m feeling out of mana
    I simply remember to cast KEI

And then I don’t feel so bad…………….

Merry Christmas to all and to all a goodnight!!
    Grove likes this.