Everything is overtuned

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Regazozo, Dec 12, 2018.

1. NeverPayForLag Augur

Nope, this is an assumption. As long as it is not proven, it is critical and btw. not my experience. The differences are the most vital point. Everybody may have a level 110 but the AA, the tools, EoK ultra rare weapons or even some spells missing or Rk.II to Rk.I makes a difference. Nobody has the same setup. And if your Magelo is far beyond the usual then you can do it by H2H and it makes a difference (!). You can brag about these things but you have a special setup you are used too with different addons, which only you know - or - perhaps meanwhile are not even aware off because they are so used for you.

Everybody is comparing apples with peaches.
    I say that because I have every class at 110. And from time to time I can compare in beta how a raid equipped toon feels compared to my usual group geared toon. I do that every year in beta. EoK was different, it was possible to play a wide range of the beta but even there I compared EoK raid gear e.g. in TBM top missions which were not possible to make from my side.

So stop comparing your Egos. Describe what is different in your setups. That makes more sense than this manly gorilla behavior...

My warrior is group geared and can tank well as long as Enchanter has his group mitigation up for DS, Spell Damage and Melee Damage which need regular recasts. But even with that, one of the named in the T1 zone for Level 105/106-110 gear has onerounded him (despite he had his discs up, DI/HoT/Retort/Divine Guardian running). I am still dazzled about that.

My Mage could tank with the Air Pet trash mob with a healing from a Druid.He had to spam heals and Mage needed their pet mitigation but it was possible.

But both are AA maxed and Druid is the main and got the most achievements with all the boni along (incl. collections, hunter, group progression, yada yada).

I am sure if there is no mezz/stun component and big AEs that this is possible with a merc but so long I got only mezzed/stunned and merc got killed. So I prefer group layout at moment.

Now after the patch and the tuning down it is the question if that is still the case. But if melee has been pumped down instead of the AEs then I doubt that. But I read that resists are made easier too. Any REAL experience would be interesting in that.

But after all any trash and named mob can get accessed via a small raid because it is no instance.

The more pressing issue was the Trials of Smoke which cut every grouper/casual from the rest of the expansion.

A key seems to be the stun component to avoid mobs casting the AEs. If that works at the named too then there is a solution for it. I have no clue and there are no posts about that.

For TBL gear: Muhbis are only from named so far. Even if chests are dropping it - as long as these are not possible to do then some are locked out of the most part of the expansion. Besides the Trials are randomly borked this was the most pressing issue.
  2. Seldom Augur

Warriors that play mostly in group game often put an emphasis on Hdex. As do many other classes. He stated he’s in a raid guild but is a casual player. Nothing wrong with that and definitely not up for debate.

Shield tanking covers a pretty huge gap in vast majority of scenarios. If AE/DOT type damage is a large culprit in struggles (which it probably is for many folks complaining in this thread regarding some new TBL stuff), it definitely doesn’t help fill that gap as much as normal.

Pertaining to OP and this thread topic, I’m pretty shocked that some folks really feel this content is that over tuned. Besides some things being far too resistant and a few other outliers like some AE damage being harsher than normal I haven’t seen many problems. This tad bit of content is suppose to last a year. Why in the world would you want it nerfed down to easy mode? Folks having nothing to do for 11 months because of easy content leads to far more retirements etc. than moderately challenging content that actually requires more than a merc IMO.

I’m even more surprised that this raid gear versus group gear talk is still being pushed. It’s so easy to get top knotch quality gear nowadays. Raid or group game
  3. NeverPayForLag Augur

This was a debate for all raiders and groupers an expansion ago. The result was

hSTA is for raiders
    hDEX/AGI etc. for tanks/melee
    hWIS/INT for casters/priests

So if that has changed and we have to swap all augments because the group game has shifted into a kind of raid setup then this would make sense for the AEs. If that is still valid for group SKs?!?

I had that in mind:

hAGI -> War
    hDEX -> SK (opt. with a bit hAGI)
    xxx -> Pal (???) no clue

Yes, if you BUY your way up to the top. Sleep your way up is still not invented... I would not be surprised if VR will do that in the future.
    Sorry, not my way...:p
  4. Laronk Augur

Hey man,

You have a ton more HP than a group geared player. A bigger HP pool is going to give the healer more time to react the HP pool makes a huge difference.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Actually in today's Everquest I do believe people should be able to do progression with healer mercs. If you want to have one off missions that require optimum groups that is fine but yeah progression should be able to be done by the most common group make ups and that includes healer mercs.
    Barton, NeverPayForLag and eqgamer like this.
  6. eqgamer Augur

Well said. Well said. :thumbs up:

I feel same way. Some of it is because I’ve chosen to box for too long now. But without boxing I’m nowhere close to being confident That I’d even play or would have these past 19 years. Catch 22.
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Hmmm... as good as? Getting progression done doesn't mean they are doing it as good as groups with real tanks. Just that they are able to do progression. They might not be able to tank as many mobs at once/do things as fast but yes I agree with a group behind them they should be able to do progression.

Lets remember something here. You don't get to experience the majority of the content in this expansion if you can't get through progression. Daybreak wants people to buy the expansion. At this point there are a lot of players I tell not to buy it yet. Most players should be able to get through progression without optimized groups because Daybreak needs to sell expansions.

We already have a number of people who don't bother keeping up with expansions because of tuning. But hey let's do things your way and get to the day there will be no more expansions all the sooner.
    FawnTemplar and Pirlo like this.
  8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I don't think there should be better loot for hard version. Afterall they are just doing the hard versions for the extra challenge right? I don't mind the idea of a single achievement reward for doing all hard missions but I keep hearing how some people just want hard for a challenge so no need of rewards. And yeah there actually ARE some people who would do a harder version just for a challenge. The rest just want to cordon off a large part of the game for themselves.
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

The expansion is built around progression this year. Everyone needs to be able to get progression done.
  10. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Ummm..... dude.... everyone who responds to you is a forum warrior but you aren't? You are one funny guy.
    Graves and Elyssanda like this.
  11. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

You need to learn to be a bit more introspective. The bullying claim could cover you also. And feel free to count me in there too though I like to picture myself as someone standing up to a bully but hey I could be wrong.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  12. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

LOL funny guy!!!! Go back to the playground and pick on some other kids :)
    Whulfgar likes this.
  13. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Ummm didn't you start out with an attack?
    Whulfgar likes this.
  14. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I think we need to be careful to not paint all raiders with the same brush. I get what you mean about this really being a discussion for how content should be tuned in the group game BUT we cannot deny that good raiders know the game very well. I think educated comments from raiders can help in identifying what needs to be retuned. And some good raiders are able to put their group player hat on and look at things that way.

Now I also get that someone can be a good raider but NOT good at seeing things from a group players perspective. But again... we can't paint everyone with the same brush.
  15. Niknik Journeyman

The fact that you think you are being "bullied" really undermines your position. A lot of people are disagreeing with you. Probably because you are wrong. That isn't being bullied. That is part of life: disagreements and conflict resolution. Hopefully you can make it on to another stage of adolescence.

Such a victim~
  16. Defjam Journeyman

Is there a mission in particular or are you talking about Fight Fire?
  17. Defjam Journeyman

First, the tanking part: Yes, War/Pal/SK's should always be using a defensive disc, even just trash, for numerous expansions now. Has is been ABSOLUTELY necessary? No. Can I tell a good tank from a bad tank from this? Absolutely.

Second, the AOE's: I agree! I think something MAY have changed in the last patch though? That or I just maybe had a group fighting near the second merc task giver in the first zone. On Wednesday, I almost died just trying to pick up that task. I have had one AE take out over half our groups health. I'll be honest though, I kind of like it! The thing that really has me paranoid is that bloody knockback. I feel like I'm watching my positioning and group like a child close to a ledge.
  18. Whulfgar Augur

To those who rather box grps, then get actual real player's an do stuff. One could take it as they wish. To include you.
  19. Yimin Augur

Yes and what about those that can't find a group at all ? Say people that don't live in prime time hours what then ?

YiMin
  20. Whulfgar Augur

Perhaps try to make time ? Is anyone forcing you to stay an pay to play EQ, when you say you can't find grps or anything like this ?