TBL: Fight Fire

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by NeverPayForLag, Dec 13, 2018.

1. NeverPayForLag Augur

Because there are only runts instead of help at moment - here some useful information instead of all that other useless stuff for the ones who struggle:

Setup as example:
    Druid, Warrior, Cleric, Enchanter, Mage, Rogue
    -> Druid/Warrior/Enchanter with about 250 AA into TBL
    -> Mage/Cleric nearly RoS maxed with AA
    -> Rogue with about 75% DPS AA (till RoS)
    -> all are group geared, Druid has a ultrarare part in range, but all have RoS Group Weapons
    -> group is optimized for Cactiicci (all the little tools) but there was no need to really have the big burn hammer ready

0. Kill the single mob at the Succor-Point
    - this option is for people who expect wipe and want to Exodus/Succor
    - a mob is at moment waiting at the succor point
    - succor point is in one of the "huts" on the next island with the mobs and the big lake

1. Talk to "Grieving Soul Scent" for starting the event inside the instance
    - you can explore the zone
    - you can kill and use the zone as experience instance as long as Stratos is crowded

2. Activate the first wave
    - talk to any of the wave mobs -> say "battle"
    - as long as they are not activated, they have not attacked

3. Kill 2 waves of about 12 mobs
    - mobs are single pullable
    - they aggro all together if you come to close (about half of the island)

4. Four Lieutenants spawn and will auto-aggro (!!!) - kill them
    - they auto-aggro instantly -> be ready for it
    - they may have high resists
    - Druid Root-AA pinned safely all 4 mobs (Spray)
    - Druid Single-Root-AA could divide all Lieutenants so that every NPC was single killable
    - Lieutenant stops fighting after some lost HP and goes into a "stun"-mode
    -> wait a bit then he will come back but he will delete a good portion of debuffs on him
    -> rinse repeat until all are dead

5. A named at the end will CoH you and tell some stories then you are done
    - answer him "Grieving Soul Scent"
    - wait for some yada yada
    - you get your Airbound Skystone
    - you get some Heroes AA
    - Airbound Skystone activates Trials of Smoke
    -> you still need to get to the Trials of Smoke pad to zone in

Addon:
    Druid:
    - any debuffs stick
    - AA-Root is very reliable and didn't got any resist
    - Druids pendant to Clerics "Divine Guardian" -> Swarmflies on melee makes sense

Enchanter
    - Mezz stick but can get resisted
    - no problems with Tash
    - problems getting slow stick
    - all AA-Buffs (Rune/Mitigation for Spells, DS and Melee) helps always extremely - don't forget that
    -> first wipe was due to surprise and mobs resist

Warrior
    - a group geared warrior (RoS T2) is able to tank anything well with a real cleric
    - even Resolute Disc is enough for trash
    - best disc for the 4 Lieutenants make sense for safety

Cleric
    - DI, TBL buffs/TBL Retort, HoT, Divine Guardian at start for warrior makes always sense
    - Cleric could heal Tank without problems even while spamming AE-Heals
    -> take care about the spikes

Mage
    - another safety tank in form of the pet is more than useful
    -> I don't remember if some are stun/mezzing again but TBL forces a second tank
    - Mage Pet (Air Pet) could tank a normal trash mob without problems e.g. with shields from mage and with Druid Heal spams

Rogue
    - the usual DPS, not problems with anything

Shaman
    - has also a AA-Root, so he should do as good as the Druid, but didn't tested that

With a druid/shaman this mission could be a cakewalk after some tries, as long as tanking and pulling of a single mob is no problem.

Patch addon:
    Perhaps something has changed after the patch. Check the Succorpoint for the mob if it is still there. Everything else will be even easier then.
    Pirlo likes this.
  2. Vdidar Augur

I got booty blasted in this task last night. Once I wiped it was over. Instant Aggro upon returning.
  3. NeverPayForLag Augur

Addon:

If you get aggro then some mobs are too close where you enter the zone. Pull everything from the other side or another place so that they are a mininmum of half of the island away if you wipe.

They tend to come all together if you get aggro and are too close.
  4. LostSoul Lorekeeper

Just so you know The Airbound Skystone is also a group teleport to Trials of Smoke, it can be used from any location.
  5. NeverPayForLag Augur

I tried that and activated it. Nothing happend except that the group task got active. We had to travel to the pad.

How did you port into the instance without traveling to the pad?
  6. LostSoul Lorekeeper

If you have not already completed a Trial of Smoke the item is a teleportation device, just right click it a second time, after you've given the instance time to spin up and spawn.
  7. took2summit11 Augur

Thank you for this write up. My experience was slightly different and want to see your comments. I noticed the wave of 12 mobs came in 3 waves, not 2. For us it was 5, 5, 2. Maybe this is just a function of what mob was pulled? We killed the 12th mob on a bridge to the right, this allowed us to engage the final 4 mobs on our terms, not there’s. They did not agro us from this point.

For the final 4 mobs you said you AA rooted all the adds on Druid. My question comes in at the point where mobs become HP locked they also do a complete dispel on themselves, do you reapply AA root at this point?
  8. NeverPayForLag Augur

The bunch of guys came (sorry I only have it in memory) around 8:4:-> then the 4 tethered ones.

Druid AA roots them and they get active from the start but as long as you don't damage them they don't eradicate their debuffs. AA at druid are maxed so the root holds a very long time. It is time enough to rearrange all 4 across the island because like a Ranger he roots and pushes them back. So I assume for a Ranger this could be also relatively easy as long as he is not damaging them. But with the pushback I am not sure but if Ranger don't have it then they simply snare-drag them to the right place and pin them with a good enhanced root (they surely have AAs for that too).

If you damage them then they will regularly clean themselves and you have a big problem (this is only an assumption but I never damaged them). I had enough time while refreshing AA-Root and when they are too close the Enchanter refreshed mezz with a longer lasting single mezz.

I would not be able to do it if the four would regularly be active. No chance. Tank went down in an instant while all four kicked him at first try. Mezz was not able to stop them all. Perhaps it is possible to use Invulnerable AA from Cleric or/and Invulnerable discs from Warrior for a bit of time until Enchanter has AE-Tashed and AE-Mezzed them. Then it surely is also possible to tag one after the other to win this mission.

So it is a method that every grouper or casual could do that mission. An ubah raider could perhaps even do that with a 2-box with much time and endurance - who knows - but this mission is a nice challenge for casuals/group geared to find out after a max of 2-3 wipes, how it works.

After beating a mission - every mission will become more easy and perhaps trivial for the ubah raiders but if I take into account that the loot of the Tier 1 is for Level 105 than this mission expresses that and is well designed at moment.

The Trials are a different thing in my opinion but I wait till patch and when the bugs are removed. Many here forget that the loot starts at Level 105 and follows with 106-110. The Tier 1 should express exactly that. Tier 2 may be a different thing for Level 110+.
  9. NeverPayForLag Augur

Addon:

All in the group bought/used their 2-4 TBL-Spells from Spell Vendor and bought also the Dissident Spells (TBL Dichotomics).
  10. CrazyLarth Augur

both of my group tries wiped
    we rebuffed and zoned back in to finish the mission.
    1st group wiped at the last 4 mobs poped
    2nd group wiped at the 2nd wave poped

gots wins on both.
    1st Did have a SK to FD inside to keep it going.
    had a Echanter for mez
    2nd group two druid and ranger for Rotting
  11. NeverPayForLag Augur

I should add that the Snare-AA of druid did not get resisted once, so kiting the four would be an option. I am not sure if the summon though. Anybody knows that?
  12. Arkeal_Rathe_Bots Lorekeeper

They do not summon, they are snareable and rootable. (let me rephrase that, the last wave doesnt summon, idk about the rest)
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

No they don't summon. We had a couple of issues and kitted and range killed a couple of the final 4. Just don't let the kitter stop running!
  14. Tucoh Augur

15. Nniki Augur

I've had some mobs summon very rarely.

An inferno flare says, 'You will not evade me, Nniki!'
    A jopal soldier says, 'You will not evade me, Nniki!'
    A jopal soldier says, 'You will not evade me, Nniki!'
    A flameling says, 'You will not evade me, Nniki!'
    A wildfire phoenix says, 'You will not evade me, Nniki!'
    An efreeti warlord says, 'You will not evade me, Nniki!'
  16. Rolaque Ancient

It's all true. The druid AA root is short range, you have to be close enough to get the maximum effect on a pull.

Also, druid harmony works well on some of the blue cons in the waves after the first wave. Or if you're recovering from a wipe at the start of the event.
  17. Frael Elder

This mission is relatively easy once you get the hang of it, even for boxing. You just need a puller for first 2 waves, and cc for last wave. I use a warrior and rogue (2 healer mercs), then warrior and druid for last wave (rogue / druid both on same account so have to switch). All RoS group geared.

Paralytic spray works well for the cc but is resisted about 25% of the time for my 108 druid, so he uses paralytic spores in the event that happens.

Pulling can be a bit of a pain as mobs sometimes warp on top of you, and It's a bit slow going with just 2 characters, but for the currency and chance of an evolving item, it's worth it.

Plane of smoke trials are a different kettle of fish though.