ETA on Servers back up??

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Mizen Baenre, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Mizen Baenre Lorekeeper

2. birdsong_pawn Augur

The message said they should be up 45 minutes from now, not 2 hours ago. (It says Pacific time.)
    Mizen Baenre likes this.
  3. Time Burn Augur

Unscheduled server down time often seems to come as a result of an exploiter. What to do, what to do...
  4. Mizen Baenre Lorekeeper

Doh, you're right! Math is hard.

Keep on keepin on, DB!
  5. ExoticCheese Journeyman

It says 9 AM PT for 4 hours, which puts it at 1 PM PT or 4 PM ET... you're off by 2 hours. They should be up in 40 or so minutes
  6. Freebirrd Journeyman

If a plane left Detroit and flew to LA in 45 minutes at 225mph with a headwind of 45mph how long would it take a 12 ounce swallow to fly 200 miles while carrying a coconut? servers should be up in 19 minutes 23 seconds EST. give or take a cold front.
    Danorok, Herodotus and Pirlo like this.
  7. Mintalie Augur

But was it a European swallow or an African swallow?
    Coffee Jitters likes this.
  8. Sam Hyde "You're" on ignore

9. Keri New Member

As with anything else in life, the estimated time is never reduced... Only extended. 13 minutes over and counting...
  10. birdsong_pawn Augur

It did say Pacific Time, not Specific Time (as Jillian from Family Guy would say).
  11. Vorahak New Member

Yet again here we are wasting time waiting for Daybreak. However we all knew as soon as TBL came out we would see a patch almost instantly. Just wish they could stick to their word about downtimes or at least give us an update if it was going to take longer then expected
  12. Slackmage Apprentice

The last few patches have been on time or even early, they've been handling business lately. Just polish the pitchforks for now and see if you need em in a few lol.
    Pirlo likes this.
  13. ZGE1999 New Member

What if they open back up and everyone has an XP pot
    Pirlo likes this.
  14. svann Augur

There's Pacific time and then there is California time which varies.
    Pirlo likes this.
  15. Bobdolechair New Member

The entire process would be a lot less painful if we received communication that the patching process is going to run longer than expected. A new ETA would also be helpful.

I think everybody understands that delays happen, just provide some kind of communication so we know what to expect.
  16. Khazad New Member

To convert from Pacific Standard Time to California time, you just add "'ish" after every time period. So, the servers will come back at 1 o'clock, would read the servers will come back up at 1'ish o'clock. Under standard time conversion rules, we get to complain when the clock turns over to 2 o'clock. I'm going to go get lunch and come back in thirty minutes. If necessary, I'll dig through my closet for my pitchfork then.
    Pirlo likes this.
  17. Rarthin New Member

No you are wrong. Regardless if they communicate delays or not people will freak.

So they communicate a delay and people, hidden by the internet, rip on them for the delay.

Its a catch 22, people will complain if they don't communicate, complain even louder if they do communicate if they think the devs might see it.

you will not see the devs get anything but more complaining and crying if they communicate as you say.
    msyin likes this.
  18. Phiyre Augur

I don't recall them communicating extended downtime very well even back in the day. I'm curious if they even have a clue how long it will be until the servers are up, thus they keep their pie holes shut instead of giving another inaccurate time.
    msyin likes this.
  19. ZGE1999 New Member

I don't think they can tell us all about the patch (on schedule or not) because that could reveal something about the game that's meant to stay hidden for now. Especially after the expansion with all the new content.

Expectations need to be given a wide scope until the expansion is beaten. We aren't exactly sure what's getting fixed or what may be broken. It still sucks but it's unreasonable to demand that anyone go half way on anything at this point.
  20. Vorahak New Member

On the plus side I can get some Christmas shopping done while we wait