Everything is overtuned

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Regazozo, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Graves Elder

Because I brought up an example that contradicts your analogy I'm a really bad player?

I would love to see how that logic works in your head.

Yes I brought up Honnold... precisely because he contradicts your analogy.

I want things handed to me? Sure. That's why I got through Tipt/Vxed when it was current. Just to have stuff handed to me.

Expecting, hell even demanding a new expansion has some accessible content for groupers =/= a bad player.
    FawnTemplar, MrGigglesDoom and Yimin like this.
  2. Yimin Augur

I never claimed Mage should stream everything by themselves but they should be able to do group content with a full group that's what i said ...You're the one that brought up pet tanking not me in this thread !

My only concern was really Mercs dying to trash mob dots , then the group dies because the Merc starts healing itself ..

YiMin
    Pirlo likes this.
  3. took2summit11 Augur

So you want your character to be able to tank, heal, and dps all at the highest level the game offers. Why do paladins, Shadowknight and warriors exist? To tank raid mobs for you to get your pet EM earring?
  4. TheStugots Augur

@took2summit11

You're still missing the point 98% of the people are making...every zone after Stratos and every quest after the first one is locked behind the group mission that you think should be challenging. I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with you, I didn't have a problem with the mission, but people not having an option to do in the expansion, if they can't beat that mission, is a bad move.

That mission is the second quest in the expansion. If you can't beat it...with a group, boxing, with a real tank, pet tank, group geared, raid geared, whatever combination...you're , and with the declining player base and low pop servers, it's not as easy for everyone as just logging in and getting it done.

Not everyone needs to be able to complete everything the expansion has to offer, but having more than one zone and one kill quest to complete isn't asking for much. Sure, they can do hunter and collectibles in the same zone, but that's not the point.

Players need options. EQ needs players. Easy to understand.
  5. Mintalie Augur

If I pay for three accounts and know how to use all of the characters, yes I think I should be able to.

Your attitude sucks. You seem to ride on a high horse presumption that everyone should be able to magically put together the perfect group to do whatever content they need whenever they need it. This is not the state of the current game. A lot of people prefer to play alone, box, whatever. And they shouldn't be penalized for it. I used to just run a mage and enchanter but, guess what? The game got harder, so I got a third account and got gooder.

Also, I've grouped plenty of times with plenty of real tanks, real healers, and real DPS. Plenty. But that should not be my only option.

Sounds to me like you have an issue getting groups. Good tanks never have issues getting groups. If anything, it's the polar opposite--I often cannot find a tank to run in a group. So I made a setup that could work around not having a real tank, and that could suit my own play style and my own time schedule.
  6. ~Mills~ Augur

I realize this isn't your specific call so not directly aimed at you. But you guys are once again approaching something entirely backwards.

The first pass solution is to fix stuff that isn't the issue or over tuned. While leaving the stuff that is the problem and over tuned to maybe address it later. The problem is spell effects to powerful for group hp pools and mob resists that prevent slow and cripple and extend mob duration for some forms of dps, end of story.

Its like stating that the debuff cap issue is a problem and it needs to be addressed. But rather than taking steps to reduce debuff bloat you spend 3 years constantly adding more stuff the requires debuff slots and making it so every class except the class that relies on them has their dots redone so they now want or have to use them taking up even more debuff space.
  7. took2summit11 Augur

Whatever makes you think I have issues getting a group? I have none at all. I have a set group to do whatever I want with the 2 characters I play and invite anyone and everyone to join me regardless of their class. In fact, I saw you boxing the other day in FM and I literally sent you a tell and asked if I could replace 2 of your mercs and you flat out ignored me. Most people at least have the decency to respond. I am guessing you’ve carried this same attitude into TBL and are now having issues. Don’t worry, it’s being tuned down for you.
  8. Bibiks New Member

On the subject of too hard - I 4xboxed in Stratos (or whatever the first zone is called) last night. When I logged SK in she got achievements for 16k and 17k aa (I assume autogrant went up with expansion). She's in conflag gear (non-visibles) and EOK rk. ii gear (visibles). No bard or enchanter in group, but have a raid geared cleric and used healer merc for comfort. Also my guildie, a raid geared rogue.

Had guild members complaining they were wiping to dark blue mobs but when I got there I found pulling to a safe spot was easy and tanking was just fine. Only time I had a panic on was when I was running a toon to turn in quests and someone pulled a mob close to my group and they start dying to AoE lol.

I think my SK will need to upgrade some defensive AA's and some latest expansion gear before she can tank two mobs, but shouldn't that be the case anyway?

ps. She didn't use a disc on any mob.
    pps. I saw a guildie BST in raid gear pet tank a mob, with a zerker friend they killed a trash mob in no time. Ok, they were both wearing EOK raid gear, but there were TWO of them and they didn't have loads of new expansion AA's yet.

Just my two penneth-worth. Not intended to be the start or the finish of an argument.
    took2summit11 likes this.
  9. Pirlo Augur

This.
    So much this.
    Mintalie I heart you
    Corwyhn Lionheart, Yimin and Mintalie like this.
  10. Mintalie Augur

Firstly, the word you're looking for is libel, not slander.

Secondly, you are still spreading lies when I have already told you that I responded... but again, what makes you think I'm under any obligation whatsoever to respond to you?

Saying that your attitude sucks is not libelous. Speculating that you may have a hard time getting groups is not libelous. Making false accusations that I ignored your tell, to perhaps insinuate that I'm elitist, or to desperately try to make some point about boxing to fit your narrative, or whatever other up agenda you have is libelous.

Keep digging, bro.
    Corwyhn Lionheart, Yimin and Pirlo like this.
  11. took2summit11 Augur

You forum warriors spent half the time clicking buttons better this thread wouldn’t exist. I am so over this conversation. At no point did I openly attack anyone. I came here with an opinion that the hardest group content in the game should require a little more planning than “wah, my 2 robe wearers and healer can’t do it”. All of you people get so personal, so fast, and start flinging so much , that it’s disgusting really. I never intended for everyone to form personal hatred for me because I was pro-hard group content. Take your -flinging to someone else, because I won’t be on the other end of it anymore.

For the record, I won’t let any of this interfere with any future game-play. I’d still be happy to group with you sometime, if you’d allow it. This all got way too emotional way too fast, and was never my intention.
  12. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

[IMG]
    IblisTheMage, Zamiam, Pirlo and 2 others like this.
  13. Ceffener Augur

Number 1 selling MMORPG of all time has proven time and time again that hard core players will play the hardest difficulty...even when their is easier versions.

I say instance raids and make them moloable, just don’t give any gear (or at least gear worse than group gear). I get sick of paying for content you will never see. There is nothing wrong with a “cinematic” mode. Just tune the rewards accordingly.

Or you can make T1 raids so hard it takes top guilds 2-4 years to complete them and then tell them to just “get good”. That was be amusing also.
  14. Qbert Gallifreyan

Well, there is a big difference between wanting hard group content and wanting the content so hard that the people playing in it have said it is too hard to even access the vast majority of the expansion. Just as voicing an opinion once (or perhaps twice, if clarification is justified/required) is reasonable, but hammering in your voice to try to drown out more moderate voices is another story altogether. If you elect the latter, I don't know how you can be surprised that people are displeased at you personally.

Dying a few times on content is really not a big deal, but dying a whole crap ton of times is just not fun for a lot of people; those that can accept a healthy allotment of dying tend to raid (I don't raid).

For the record, I (also a paladin):

• Beta'ed in a mix of RoS group gear (t2/t1/conflagrant for pieces that would only have been upgraded in VP . . . which I still can't access). I did not do a lot, as when I tested some nameds/provided feedback, I was fairly quickly met with a reply that they hadn't yet started to tune up the damage values on the mobs . . . after beta had already begun.
    • Finished off the last of the T2 gear during the double-spawn-named period recently (other than back/one ring/shield . . which are locked away in VP).
    • Started in Stratos day 1, killed a few nameds, but died in Fight Fire on the final phase.
    • Resolved to make the visibles that I had looted and try again the next day.
    • Beat Fight Fire and Wending Ways on day 2.
    • Got my handed to me by a named I attempted in Empyr (something with a massive 1 minute ae DoT that cures if you run really far away).
    • Will go back and knock out the rest of tier one gear and try some other trials today . . . if the servers ever come back up.
    I think the content is challenging as it stands, but not impossible (for what I have done so far). I will, for now, avoid the nameds that summon adds or mez me, as the risk vs. reward is low. But I do think the content is too rough for the vast majority of players. Just because I (or you, as you are so adamant to point out) can handle the initial portions of content, that doesn't mean it is in a good state for the health of the game.
  15. Qbert Gallifreyan

That was one of the things I thought Lord of the Rings Online did really well; lesser versions of quests (essentially solo with massive buffage vs. group without) so that everyone could work through the storyline regardless of their group make-up.
  16. FawnTemplar Augur

Can I ask you an honest question? How long have you been playing this game?

You come across like you started last week. You say things that are blatantly false about the community and you completely twist what other people are saying to you (For example, when Mintale talked about their group [Mage, Druid, Chanter, and 3x merc] you made it out to seem like Mintale was saying that their mage should be able to tank, heal, and dps all at the same time. Which is obviously false. Obviously the pet tanks, the chanter CCs, the druid heals/dps and the mercs heal. The mage is DPS and tank which is the way all pet classes work). Honestly, reading this thread has been like reading "The universe revolves around took2summit11. You keep bringing up stuff that nobody was even talking about, like the mage pet thing. Nobody said anything about mages until you did. You might not have openly or explicitly come after us but you have implied it. You also don't seem to understand how this community has worked since mercs first came out. The reason there is even mercs in the game at all is in recognition of the fact that people couldn't form perfect groups anymore.

I am glad that you are done with this thread because I imagine everyone here is done reading your nonsense.
    Caell, Shanarias, Stiku and 8 others like this.
  17. took2summit11 Augur

Part of the reason for all my replies is because you, and everyone else, seem to either not read or care what I’m even saying. I have already said in this very thread that the xp and namer content should probably be toned down. I even agree that more zones should be open. I am just of a firm stance that the few progression quests there are, should require a well-thought out group. There is enough mindless grinding to do in this game as is, leave a couple things there that require a tad of coordination and group make-up that will keep me occupied for a year until the next expansion.
  18. FawnTemplar Augur

Nobody is saying that you should be able to go into any mission with six clerics and be able to beat it (unless, of course all those mobs are undead, in which case you absolutely should). What we are saying is that the days of forming those perfect groups are long gone, which you seem unable to accept. If a group has a tank, a healer of some kind, and some dps, all of level/AA/Gear for a particular zone/mission then they should be able to beat the content, at least in the first zone/missions in order to access more of the content. These are not unreasonable things to want.
    Stiku, Pirlo, Niknik and 5 others like this.
  19. TheStugots Augur

and he's back...

I knew it was too good to be true.

To comment on your statement...the few quests/missions/things that require 'a tad of coordination and group make-up' will be waiting for you in T2/T3, don't you worry. But this goes back to what has been pointed out to you several times...you're missing the point people are making about options and you're turning every single reply you type to be all about YOU.

Please stick to your guns and be done with this thread.
    Pirlo, Graves, Yimin and 2 others like this.
  20. took2summit11 Augur

I am only replying to comments that are DIRECTLY pointed towards ME (this very post you just made). I am done with anyone that is flinging at me for absolutely NO reason, of which you now make the list.