Live Update Bugs 12/11/2018

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Not a Bug. These are edible.

Not a Bug. The person that placed these was devious :) (wasn't me) (falling in Stratos has little penalty)

Very odd. Thanks, I'll look.

I bet the bug I fixed in the raid is responsible for the Boss damage. The spiders are a miscalculation. I want them to NOT splat casters, but I tuned up the raid damage, the mission damage probably needs to increase as well.

(I don't have a comment on the achievement, so I cut it from the quote)
    There is no chest in that mission.
  2. roth Augur

No, I use a slow proc belt that price on a parry.

Not only that but I have not gotten any new gear in weeks, and I was not throwing any punches before TBL.
  3. Moege Augur

I would want confirmation from a DB employee in light of the following, the timer not being applied does feel like an exploit.

4. Grig-zek New Member

I don't know when this bug actually cropped up but I noticed it the other day and it's annoying and reproducible.

If you have your familiars tab set to 'Auto-leave' and you conjure a banker from your veteran awards, the banker shows up no problem. Now, however, take a familiar out of the bank (drogan goblin, emperor ganak, etc.) and cast it and it will replace the banker "buff" with the familiar buff and the banker will poof instantly and be lost until your 14 hours to recast him are up. Re-logging does not bring him back.

Yes you can just unclick 'auto-leave' and work around it, but like I said, it's annoying if you're trying to stay in a zone without actually going to a bank and don't want to constantly change things back and forth.
  5. Gialana Augur

Falling in Stratos seems to be quite deadly. Perhaps that's a bug. I took one character and tried jumping off the entrance island. That was fine since the character took less than 500 dmg.

I later took another character further up in Stratos. I barely missed a bridge and fell off the side on two ocassions. This character took 200k dmg and died both times. When this happened, the character went into hover mode above the entrance island. However, people in the group saw the character on the map where it fell off. The group was unable to drag the corpse (it was too far away) at either the entrance island or at the place indicated on the map. So the only way to rez the character was by summoning in the guild lobby or using the experience recovery AA since there was no class in the group that could summon corpses.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Pirlo like this.
  6. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

[Wed Dec 12 20:18:29 2018] Stewpidd is surrounded by a holy light. You healed Stewpidd for 2961 hit points by HandOfHolyWrathIVRecourse.

Note: No space between words, "HandOfHolyWrathIVRecourse".

Item proc from Delzor, Royal Sledge. Item number: 148767
    From Focus: Sympathetic Hand of Holy Wrath IV
    If that matters.

Obviously very low priority.
  7. Chanteren Elder

Palace of Embers: last mob de-popped AS we were attacking it and we couldn't get him to re-spawn. We were stuck on "Kill the ambassador before he tells...." We had to drop and will have to re-get the entire quest, which is hard enough and long enough that this bug should be fixed, please.
  8. Grau Elder

Hmm?

[Tue Dec 11 22:18:04 2018] A wind phoenix begins to cast a spell. <Blast of Air>
    [Tue Dec 11 22:18:07 2018] You were hit by non-melee for 200000 damage.
    [Tue Dec 11 22:18:07 2018] YOU were injured by falling.
    [Tue Dec 11 22:18:07 2018] You have been knocked unconscious!
    [Tue Dec 11 22:18:07 2018] You have fallen to your death!
    [Tue Dec 11 22:18:55 2018] Arillas has fallen to their death!

[Tue Dec 11 21:20:29 2018] A petitioner begins to cast a spell. <Tidal Push>
    [Tue Dec 11 21:20:29 2018] You are swept away by a punishing wave. You have taken 93547 points of damage.
    [Tue Dec 11 21:20:30 2018] Saethella tells the group, 'Casting Elixir of Wulthan Rk. II on Saethella.'
    [Tue Dec 11 21:20:32 2018] You were hit by non-melee for 200000 damage.
    [Tue Dec 11 21:20:32 2018] YOU were injured by falling.
    [Tue Dec 11 21:20:32 2018] You have been knocked unconscious!
    [Tue Dec 11 21:20:32 2018] You have fallen to your death!

[Tue Dec 11 22:17:59 2018] A wind phoenix begins to cast a spell. <Wing Swipe>
    [Tue Dec 11 22:18:00 2018] A wind phoenix has taken 32234 damage from Polybiad Blood Rk. III by Beoran.
    [Tue Dec 11 22:18:02 2018] You were hit by non-melee for 200000 damage.
    [Tue Dec 11 22:18:02 2018] YOU were injured by falling.
    [Tue Dec 11 22:18:02 2018] You have been knocked unconscious!

All these were while I was just trying to buy spells.
    Pirlo likes this.
  9. Drakang Augur

Trial of the Eternal Cyclone smoke trial

[Wed Dec 12 22:33:52 2018] You have completed achievement: Keep Them Separated
    [Wed Dec 12 22:33:52 2018] You have completed achievement: Mix and Match
    [Wed Dec 12 22:33:52 2018] You have completed achievement: No Eggsplanations

Should not be able to get Keep them Separated and Mix and Match.
    We killed every mob as it popped.
  10. Fnyanea Augur

So i got the new dicho... it upgraded me to rank 3 (i assume becasue i had tbm progression done). But its worse than the old rank 6..... AND uses 2k more mana.... surely this must be a bug?
  11. roth Augur

Figured it out!

My ranged ounces were Strike of the Archer V procs. Found that out because of a twin cast message just now.

Someone mind telling me why “strikes your target with magical arrows doing damage modified by your skills” translates to punching?
  12. Prathun Developer

AFFECTNUMBER AFFECTNAME DESCRIPTION
    193 Skill Attack Does melee special attack with base_damage of Base1 and Base2 as hit rate modifier and casting skill as the skill to attack with.

Strike of the Archer I and Strike of the Archer II have a Casting Skill of Archery. The rest have the Casting Skill set to No Skill.

Verified that Strike of the Archer I & II display "You shoot <NPCName> for X points of damage." and the others display "You punch <NPCName> for X points of damage."

Seems like a bug. Created a ticket.
    Yinla likes this.
  13. Addikeys Elder

Yep just fell off trying to get a collection piece for 200k damage. Just remove falling damage from this zone please and/or move the collection pieces to reasonable spots.
    Yinla likes this.
  14. monkOP Apprentice

Torn Efreeti Boots are missing Singing Resonance.

Also, as someone mentioned before, the Silver Efreeti Boots can't be previewed. Clicking the link to preview them only shows Torn Efreeti Boots as the reward option. If the Silver Efreeti Boots are missing Singing Resonance, can they get that added as well?
    Axel2 likes this.
  15. Sancus Augur

Have you completed all of the traveler achievements for past expansions? Silver Efreeti Boots are only intended to show as a reward if you have the requisite achievements.
  16. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

If I create hotkeys for 2 illusion items which I then add to my keyring, the hotkeys vanish after I log out. If I leave the items in my bag they stay.

Happening with "Polymorph Wand: Steam Suit" & "Polymorph Wand: Plauguebringer" (on Phinigel server).
  17. trizzity33 New Member

Please tell me there is a way to revert back to the old melee damage/crit spam. I just came back to the game and when I shoot my bow i see about 20,000 different messages that i dont need to be seeing. (double damage) (lucky crit) (double hit) i can't even tell when i crit unless i catch the message, it all looks the same and is ridiculously annoying