my xp is bugged

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by moogs, Dec 12, 2018.

1. moogs Augur

My guildmate is 3 levels higher than me, we are in the same group, and he is making 5x more xp than I am. I have my AA xp set to 0. Fellowship is Not Sharing. It has been like this since I started playing this character; in an EOK zone I have been gaining only 1% per kill since starting at level 85 even with what I understood was supposed to be an xp bonus event. If there was one, I never felt it.

How is this possible and how can my broken character be fixed?
  2. moogs Augur

Tried leaving the fellowship, removing mercs from the group, and setting the AA % from 0 to 100 and then back to 0 again after making a kill. We even dropped the mercenaries from the group for testing.

My character used to be a troll many years ago and then did a race change to a froglok. Could there be something bugged, and would it have this drastic of an effect?

Meanwhile, my friend just made a full level in 34 minutes while I made less than 20%. We used LOTD at the same time.
  3. moogs Augur

Now he is 4 levels higher than me.

Am I supposed to delete this bugged character or what? Devs, please explain.
  4. Knight-errant Journeyman

Is your friend the one pulling the mobs? There seems to be a bug in some zones that gives the puller the bulk of the group's experience. I've noticed it a lot when boxing in EOK zones.
    Alekzandre and FarkenHostile like this.
  5. moogs Augur

He's boxing and pulling on one character, but the other one is the same class (shaman) and is the one that I am directly comparing to. That character is passive in the group.

I've been in his group a few times on different characters and this has only happened on this particular character. We've been grouped for 20+ hours this week and it has been broken since the beginning.

I swapped out to a different character on the same account to see if it's the whole account or just this character that is affected. He just killed a named in Frontier Mountains and I made 1% xp on my level 85 character. I got 3% xp on the following trash kill.

Conclusion: My shaman is bugged.
  6. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

You could be bugged. Software bugs happen. What you need to do is turn on logs, make careful note of everything and then fight in one spot for a few hours making note of beginning and ending xp. Then use GamParse to look at how many kills during that time.

Once you have the names of the mobs you killed, how many during that time, all other factors involved, and the amount of xp you got (or didn't get), you can have something that the Devs can look at.

The best is to find a spot with reasonable xp mobs, drop fellowship, no mercs, xp set to zero percent to AAs. Do that for a few hours, then give a report. Make sure to list all group members, especially your level and theirs. Keep the same group members during this time.

Unfortunately, they are so busy with so few people working on EQ that I can't say if the Devs can find the time. Still, I have seen the Dev's spend a lot of time helping one individual with something.

I believe if they can find the time, a Dev can watch you play and see if you are earning xp. The hardest part is to provide the evidence to permit them to take the time during this extremely busy month.
  7. FarkenHostile New Member

I have heard of this happening recently.
  8. moogs Augur

9. moogs Augur

Did exactly that. We never moved, and the other shaman in the group zoomed past me in levels. He started lower. Now i'm almost 99 and he is 105.

I put in a /petition as this is something that can be handled by customer service and community relations chatting with a developer in their own time. I can record a (rather long) video to prove what is happening; I've never seen anything like this in many years of playing.
    Fanra likes this.
  10. Pirlo Augur

just to go over the basics .....does your friend have the refer-a-friend account that will give him an automatic bonus and also did he sneak a solo XP potion while you weren't looking
  11. moogs Augur

No, and no. RAF was something that came to mind and I asked him, he didn't even know what it was. I looked at his character's buffs and he had no XP potions running. Like I mentioned above, I tested with another character on my same account using the exact same variables and I was earning about 3x as much XP. I don't think I have a way of measuring how many XP points exactly.
  12. Took2summmit Elder

One of the guys in my ROS group last night said something along the lines of "what's up with the xp here, how much are you guys getting per kill?" Except he was only in the group for like 15min. Sounds like this may be a real thing for more people.
  13. GoneFission Augur

That the pulling character in some EoK zones (confirmed in FM, Chardok, and Droga) gets up to 75% of each kill xp has an issue tracker, but hasn’t gotten any attention yet. I’m browsing on my phone, so it’s not convenient to do a lot of searching, but that thread is here in the Vet.

This is a bigger difference than I ever experienced.
  14. moogs Augur

No, perhaps I'm not explaining adequately. It's not the pulling character that is eating the xp. Group makeup is something like this:

Ranger (puller, max XP anyway)
    Ranger's Shaman (started lower level, zoomed past me in the same time)
    Ranger's Wizard
    My Shaman
    (his merc sometimes but dropped for testing)
    (his merc sometimes but dropped for testing)

This is a different bug and I'm pretty certain that it is only affecting this one character that I have. When I swap in a different character, I gain the kind of XP that I'm supposed to.

When I do /charinfo on the broken shaman he has 3 bind points. Origin is Crescent Reach. Not normally possible because he was created as a troll, but years ago I changed him to a shaman. His character creation date got messed up and instead of around 2004 when I made him I think it says 2008 when I did the race change. The other two bind points are POK (legit, I used bind affinity) and Innothule Swamp. There is no way that he should have a third bind point. This is a relic from his past. I haven't played him in years, he did not go heroic, and I'm pretty sure that he is being punished with the troll race xp penalty that was supposed to have been removed from the game a long time ago.
  15. moogs Augur

A GM was kind enough to respond to the /petition, so thumbs up for CS today. When the servers come up I will try to get a different character on the same account up to the same level (98-99) as the bugged character and then record a video to share. It may take a few days.
    Fanra likes this.
  16. moogs Augur

Just a brief update: I'm working on a beastlord on the affected account. He's 89 now, 10 levels lower than the shaman. Depending on how the WiFi is at the airbnb and how far I can go with ignoring my family, I hope to have this test ready to go in early January.
  17. Tucoh Augur

weird bug, good luck