Why the F do we pay for this game?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Isellaz, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Isellaz New Member

I actually pay for 2 subs. That is about to stop and go to another game. I am constantly tired of working my off all day and when i get home cant log into my hobby. This is ridiculous. Folks are all getting the same error and there is not a flipping peep from DB that its being worked on.
    Barton likes this.
  2. Jhaerik Journeyman

Well I'm asking for a time credit for all the downtime. I say everyone else should spam the CS for the same. Maybe next time they won't let crap like this go so long. 3 downtimes in 3 days is still for what is basically the most expensive MMO to play atm.

I mean they have a sub model AND a massively overpriced cashshop.... you'd think they'd at least be able to hire some monkey to make sure the cogs are turning.
    Barton likes this.
  3. complexication Kassina

Y'all wouldn't have survived in the heyday of everquest, my god.
    Thesehips and code-zero like this.
  4. Jhaerik Journeyman

You mean when it was $10 a month, and didn't have a cashshop that wanted $25 for a bag?
    If they are going to charge so blast much you'd think they could afford someone to make sure something as important as the patch server was running.
  5. Kenshin1980 New Member

not a word no... but i do hear some crickets lol
  6. Kenshin1980 New Member

has to be enough subs and people buying from cashshop to pay the monkeys to turn said cogs..
  7. markar New Member

they know, and are working on it,,, read at the top of the forum home page
  8. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Probably because it's a really fun game and costs about 33-50 cents per day depending on your subscription plan. If you're really upset you could quit, save that 33-50 cents per day, and biggie size those fries!
  9. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

It's still $10 a month. $9.99/month actually if you buy a 12 month subscription. You're not just buying single months for $14.99 each are you?
  10. markar New Member

Its up,, at least for me I got in
  11. EQfun Journeyman

yes i just got in as well TY DBG
  12. Flatchy Court Jester

I "ACTUALLY" pay for 2 subscriptions. Hilarious! Thanks for the laugh of the day.
  13. War_For_Hire New Member

Normal, well adjusted adults don't throw temper tantrums and threaten to quit. They just.....quit. They also don't type like 7 year olds when dealing with a business. I do realize that EverQuest is the biggest and pretty much the only game since The War a couple years ago available on PC these days so there's not any real alternatives to choose from, but I bet if you search the dark web, you could probably find another game or hobby to occupy your time after working your precious hands to the bone all day. Who knows, maybe you could even go into web development, start a forum website where adults say stupid things and throw tantrums together.
  14. AnzoRagespirit Augur

Facebook, Twitter, Instagram...this already exists
    Pirlo and Herodotus like this.
  15. So Happy Augur

Why do you even pay? You are getting far to upset over this game. I used to get mad at decisions DB made and nerfs but I found a cure for that. Play on test where you get more than what you pay for.
  16. Herodotus Augur

Well put. I guess most of us "virtually" pay for accounts??
  17. Herodotus Augur

Or you can earn enough plat. to buy krono in game. And in answer to the title of the thread. I pay because I enjoy it. It isn't perfect, up all all the time, or everything I wish it was, but it is an enjoyable diversion for me and vastly cheaper than some diversions I could think of. When it stops being enjoyable for me I will move on rather quietly and do something else.
  18. Jhaerik Journeyman

I'm sorry but anyone that farms plat to buy krono to pay for accounts just doesn't value their time very much. Takes a hell of a lot longer to farm plat than you'd make just working...
  19. Hithiquen New Member

to do anything in this game you need at least 2-3 accounts, so including expacs and exp pots yeah it's one of the most expensive mmos around.. probably because their business model is squeezing more and more money from a smaller and smaller player base
  20. Miauler New Member

I pay, because it's worth it to me when it's up. Being in the tech game I appreciate that they've got a real job on their hands maintaining a VERY legacy codebase (back when you had to build all the libraries by hand that devs today have built in libraries with their compilers along years of documentation on architecture that succeeded and failed; EQ is one of those early architectures that people learned from).
    Low population means not many people to crank the wheels that keep it turning.
    If it's down. Meh, I'll get on with doing something else until it's up. When it's up.. Hurrah! I can spend a bit of time poking the nose into things that don't concern me (according to the mobs).
    All works out at the end of the day.
    moogs and Rarthin like this.