Liver server selection

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Damezza, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Damezza Augur

Returning player to Bristlebane here. I’m a very casual player and i was curious if it’s worth rerollling to firiona vie to make acquiring needed items along the way easier?

Edit: i will be duo boxing so basically I’m wondering if switching to FV will allow me to get the pet focus items and whatnot that can’t be duo-boxed
  2. Sagarmatha Augur

I hate liver, please do not serve it.
    Tatanka, Cyri and moogs like this.
  3. Damezza Augur

Can’t edit titles lol
    Tatanka, Cyri and moogs like this.
  4. moogs Augur

It would be easier. You'd just have to bankroll it.
  5. Damezza Augur

What do you mean?
  6. Zamiam Augur

he means that it would prolly cost a pretty plat to buy the EM focus for your pet is what im guessing .. that is usually what bankrolling means ..
    most everything is available to purchase on FV for the right plat..
    Linder and moogs like this.
  7. Belexes ForumQuester

Pay to win
    moogs likes this.
  8. Damezza Augur

Well my thought was that my duo box can farm plat in a pinch but i won’t be able to take down all raid bosses to get the EM
  9. snailish Augur

Alternatively, stay on Bristlebane and duo non-pet classes?
  10. Damezza Augur

Won’t the ability to farm plat and buy raid gear impact melee classes even more?
  11. moogs Augur

I think you may be underestimating the popularity of pet classes.
    Linder and Belexes like this.
  12. snailish Augur

That popularity extends to FV... means the raid foci won't come cheap. Means a lot of playtime earning $ to buy gear you can't earn with your playstyle on Bristlebane --but instead much of your playtime is farming $ to bid in the free trade economy.

You can only avoid the consequence by:
    1. not playing pet classes
    2. accepting the cost/effort involved
    3. not worrying about having the best foci
    Linder and moogs like this.
  13. Linder New Member

I suggest you roll to Test Server instead of FV. On Test you have infinite PP, and can get about anything you want. On FV things cost way to much, and you can never transfer off of it.

Or stay where you are. Just an fyi, I box on a Live server, and the group EM items available are all you need for almost anything. Join a guild and make some friends, help them, and they can help you. Also many servers have coop raiding now too.

FV is a Plat Trap In my Opinion.
    snailish and moogs like this.
  14. Nolrog Augur

Liver server? You gotta be kid-n-ey
    Sindace likes this.
  15. Sindace Elder

I played Test for a couple years ~2012-2015. Switched to FV and never looked back. Test was great, for what it was. But with no economy, there's no real incentive for progressing eventually. FV has all the incentive in the world, since pretty nearly everything is buyable for the right price.

As far as FV being a "plat trap", yea things get pricey. But a EM20 ear goes ~1m, EM23 ~2.5-3m. Not unrealistic amounts to be able to farm without being "pay to win". Most group gear is very inexpensive since with raid gear being prevalent, group gear gets overshadowed. Also, FV loot rules makes a hustle much easier to pay your subs with kronos.
  16. Damezza Augur

now thats the sort of answer thats helpful... thanks!
  17. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

What do raid diamonds go for on FV? A couple of those and you'll have your EM 25 (best available, I think?).