Unable to download

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Faidaen, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Faidaen Lorekeeper

2. Urnihixul New Member

Came here to post the exact same thing. (I have no firewall or proxy.) I actually got at least part of the way (maybe the whole way) through the 130ish MB download the first time I opened the window. I switched to a browser to read an email, then switched back to see the failure. Now it makes no progress on the download file before giving the error.
  3. davebb105 New Member

existing user, went to patch and I get the same thing.
    error repeatable on different computers.
  4. Lorpse New Member

having the same problem.
  5. VorpalEsus New Member

Same problem here. Was in game, went to switch accounts and now i'm getting this same message. Whats up Daybreak?
  6. Malo New Member

We are finally getting the issues they were expecting to get on their launch yesterday! Yay!! -_-
  7. VorpalEsus New Member

Creating pel.eqg
    *Warning: Retrying eqhost.txt
    *Warning: Retrying EnvEmitterEffects/flames_top04.dds
    *Warning: Retrying pel.eqg

These are the files it gets stuck on before the error.
  8. Lagerale Journeyman

Ok I hate that you are all having issues but it makes me feel better that it's not me. Crazy, I haven't played in a year and I decide to jump back in and they don't want me to download the game.
  9. VorpalEsus New Member

Make a copy of your eqgame.exe and drag it to desktop. Right click it, click properties, change the target to this (sub your computer names) "C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest\eqgame.exe" patchme

Use that shortcut to log in youll bypass the broken patcher. Hopefully its fixed soon, see yall in game.
  10. Lorpse New Member

Doesn't work if you need to patch though. Just get another error at server select to re-run launcher to patch EverQuest.
    Ladene likes this.
  11. VorpalEsus New Member

Bypassed the patcher and it worked fine, im in game.
  12. Lagerale Journeyman

I don't see an "eqgame.exe" I see launchpad.exe

For what it's worth I am doing a complete new install if that matters.
  13. Lorpse New Member

Not working for me. Says I need to patch Everquest when server selection screen pops up.
    Lagerale likes this.
  14. Ladene The Ancient

Right, for those of us that need to patch, we get the error that we need to patch when trying to bypass the broken patcher ;)
    Lagerale likes this.
  15. Movistar Journeyman

im trying to log on also and i cant im having the same exact issue. anyone figure this out?
  16. Nman New Member

17. EQfun Journeyman

I cant get in game I put in user name and pass word then it starts its ck on files then it just simply goes away. no error nothing
  18. Nman New Member

19. Baadan New Member

Also happening here
  20. Waldagar Augur

I am getting the same error on 3 different installs for 3 different toons.