Everything is overtuned

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Regazozo, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Pirlo Augur

Because you had some people say the content was easy and they could three-box it so absor " tuned the knobs"
    Yimin and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  2. Maedhros High King

The expansion does not feel overtuned in the group game at all.
    I think many of you forget that this is an MMORPG and that if you are not building strong groups that contain a tank, healer, dps and cc that know wth they are doing you are going to struggle. If you're upset that the game is hard when youre 3boxing with 3 mercs, maybe get a few friends or try a solo rpg.
  3. Ghubuk Augur

Are you doing it in raid gear or group gear?
    This, I think, is the biggest issue is that group progression should be tuned to group gear/players. If that means it is fairly easy for raid gear/players, then so be it.
    Caell, Yimin and Graves like this.
  4. Risiko Augur

If you stay one expansion behind at all times, you get the last year's expansion every year for 50% off (before the new expansion is released), and it has had a full year to be "beta tested" by everybody else and tuned to what it should have been when it was released. Cheaper and better. Win win. Just saying.
  5. Ghubuk Augur

I should also like to add, required progression just to access zones in an expansion shouldn't be crazy hard. Progression for an elite item or raid zones seems to have justification but not for normal zone access. We need to remember, people pay for an expansion.
    Aanuvane, NeverPayForLag and Yimin like this.
  6. Ultrazen Augur

It's weird in a game this old, with this small of a player base, and a really almost insurmountable climb to try and catch up if you're coming back or new, that they would release something that just has no respite. Everything is just too try hard, especially given the relative age of the player base lol.

It's great to have some bleeding edge content, to challenge people who want that challenge, but one of the big problems in general in EQ post about level 75, is it's just way too much work given how many mobs you have to kill to get anywhere. If you're going to make me sit at the same camp for a week, to try and get anywhere, I don't want every single fight to be an insta gib, min/max battle. They seem to be in love with punishing game play, and have forgotten the merits of relatively relaxing game play, at least in the more mundane and perfunctory areas of the game. Going to do a top end raid? Make it impossible for all I care, but you've got to make day to day questing and group content less of a pain in the , or you're going to lose what little player base you have left.

I've come back to this game more times than I can count, and I always end up hitting the same wall...and that's a shame. Everyquest is an amazing game, and the challenging parts of it can be really great in small doses, but when everything becomes a slog....it's just way out of whack.

TLDR: Please include content that serves different types of play, I promise it won't make you look less hardcore.
  7. Maedhros High King

Yes I am in raid gear, and yes its easy. When it gets difficult for raid geared toons, thats when content is overtuned.
  8. took2summit11 Augur

I was in a group last night where the group leader spent about 30 minutes explaining fight fire. After the first 30 seconds I was like ok, so we just tank the mobs and switch targets? What happens if we don’t switch targets in time, will we get death touched or something? And he was adamant that this mission is really crazy, you must pay attention all the time, etc etc. After about 20 minutes of him making sure everyone knew EXACTLY what was going to happen, I was very close to just leaving the group. Eventually we start the mission and it was just what I expected..just simple killing of some mobs. I could only imagine what that guys response on these boards would be like about this mission being over-tuned when in reality, it was about as straight forward and simple as it gets. Moral of the story here people is don’t listen to a bunch of people crying wolf, get out there and try it yourself. All this was done in Conflagrant/EOK group gear, for those wondering.
  9. Graves Elder

As usual raid geared toons telling us how it is just fine for groupers. Hell we even have someone sating GoD was a good idea. I was there in GoD. In full raid gear. Watching full raid geared tanks getting one shotted in group prog tasks. Not one rounded, one shotted. Player numbers fell off a cliff.

Tune raid content for raid gear. Tune group content for group gear and less than optimal groups. Anything else and the game dies. Raiders are a tiny fraction of the playerbase. Tuning all new content for them and only them is the road to disaster.

I bought the expansion on two of my accounts and feel like I've wasted money at this point. I won't be buying it on the other 4.

I do not recommend paying for this for anyone that is not raid geared.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

When you have quest named hitting for 56K, nuking for 77K and spawning adds, don't remember the name of it, was one of the quest names in Emypr, full group with real players no mercs and it wiped us.

Later tried killing trash with a merc healer and it couldn't keep up.

This expsion is rough if you want to get out of the T1 zones. Don't even want to imagine what the later zones are like. :(
    Yimin and Pirlo like this.
  11. Spellfire Augur

Same here. I wish I haven't purchased TBL.
    NeverPayForLag, Yimin and Graves like this.
  12. Maedhros High King

Gimme a break, this expansion is not at all like GOD.
    There has never been a smaller rift between the strength of group gear players vs raid geared players in modern EQ.

Again, if content is easy for raid geared players, it should be difficult for group geared players, but not unplayable.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  13. Graves Elder

Nope it is not like GoD. But the fact we still have players still extolling the virtues of an expansion that saw the number of players plummet says it all.

TBL offers nothing to groupers at this point beyond a couple of shared bank slots. And groupers are the vast majority of the playerbase. Tuning a game for a tiny fraction of the players is the route to disaster.
    Caell likes this.
  14. took2summit11 Augur

As someone running around in Conflagrant/EOK visibles, I have already gotten upgrades from TBL and we are less than 24 hours in. This alarmist-type attitude does nothing to help. Since the release of POP everyone has complained about the power of the new expansion. I am a severely under-geared, under-AA’ed Paladin (that only got 1 spell, but let’s save this for another conversation) and I am very happy with TBL so far.
  15. bigpapa Augur

we have close to 30 ~ 40.000 aa's , new or returning players ( we got several new players in guild who are level 110 and 14 to 15k aa's. there is a lot of diff, now between 40k and 15k aa's ,they struggling in TBL.

another slap in the face of boxers, ros was bad for missions with dps check and all ( specially with the big dots nerf for my 3/4 toons ).

it is even worst in TBL, I regret to have paid for 5 TBL accounts since I wont even be able to progress with them unless I beg others to add one here and there for the ach. and flag.

and the road blocker is right at the start in tier one zone ( the trials, ).

I am wondering how good DB will be doing after all those who will stop to play alts, since expansions now are not boxing friendly ( even tier one zones ).
    NeverPayForLag, Yimin and Graves like this.
  16. bigpapa Augur

do we really need that in tier one zones? it was already said , to keep tier one zones to be aimed for everyone one ( easy zone ), then it could be much harder for the rest, but DB don't care and don't care for the boxers who are a good $$$ for them.
  17. bigpapa Augur

You know DB right.... they might do a BIG effort and reduce the difficulty by 1 %.

NERFS on the other side are sometime 60 % +/-.
    NeverPayForLag and Yimin like this.
  18. Graves Elder

People complained about GoD, UF and RoS etc. To say they complained about every expansion is just not true. Omens, SoF, SoD. HoT, RoF, EoK etc stuck a balance and had plenty for groupers to get into.

You might like to consider that you always have a tank in your group. Others don't.
  19. took2summit11 Augur

Oh is that really the issue? People are complaining that they can’t get through the progression because they don’t have a tank? If I can’t get through a mission that requires CC because I don’t have an ench, I will not come to the boards complaining the mission is over-tuned. I will simply wait until a CC is lfg.
  20. FarkenHostile New Member

The db/soe white knights never bring anything to these threads. It's always someone well beyond a grouper can do telling everyone how easy it is in 43 posts. We get it, you like it.

If it's easy and fun for you then why are you here?