Paladin BP

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by took2summit11, Dec 5, 2018.

1. took2summit11 Augur

Is it just me or is the Paladin BP an abolsute joke? When do people even bother actually clicking it, am I just not seeing something about it that makes it worth casting? Does anyone know if TBL introduces a real click for the BP?
  2. Gotcharms Journeyman

30 charges of a defensive proc heal with the same amount as a rk3 merciful touch on a class that often gets called to tank a single beefy add with minimal heal support.

yeah man dunno why anyone would want that. should just get like, an awesome sword pet or something.
  3. took2summit11 Augur

Sorry I am new kinda so not sure if you’re being sarcastic. Are you saying the TBL BP has the heal effect? If so, that’s awesome, because currently my BP summons this sword pet you speak of and it’s a flipping joke for a tank class.
  4. Gotcharms Journeyman

Sorry, yeah, I was.

The current BP in RoS (group) has this effect:

Rousing Zeal
    Slot 10: Add Defensive Proc: Soothing Zeal with 400% Rate Mod

Soothing Zeal

Not a player spell: Clicky, NPC spell, Proc, etc.

Slot 1: Increase Current Hit Points by 10000

I didn't look for TBL, but I'd assume the effect is the same with a small bump in heal value.
    Sancus likes this.
  5. Sancus Augur

The RoS BP click has a heal too. If your current BP summons a sword pet, it is not from the current expansion.

Edit: Gotcharms beat me :(
    Gotcharms likes this.
  6. took2summit11 Augur

Ah ok, thank you you 2..I am using EOK BP and it summons this stupid sword. Looks like I need to get my hands on an ROS BP.

Thanks!
  7. Tucoh Augur

As some background, ngreth the items dev worked with the community before ros to figure out what we all wanted for bps, and i think pretty much everyone got what they wanted for Christmas. I certainly didnt hear anyone ask for a different click for tbl.
  8. Brohg Augur

Paladin shoulda healed group.
  9. josh Augur

The bp is great but its nowhere near as good as what you are describing. The heal it casts is flagged unfocusable. which means that it isn't boosted 70% by aa's neither is it boosted 70-100% by gear. it also has its crit chance set to 0, so it cant land critically.

The amount of healing it does is not even close to that of merciful touch. To be clear, i still like it, and am still happy with it, but it isn't even remotely close to what you described.
  10. Kleitus_Xegony Augur

Then they would have lowered the actual amount it healed and if you're doing things correctly the rest of the group doesn't need healed. I'd rather have the 10k heal on me than spread that out across the entire group.
  11. Gotcharms Journeyman

That's fair and valid. My reply to the OP was initially sarcastic because I too like the current click effect. Once I'd realized the OP was genuinely confused about the current BP effect, posting the actual info seemed like the right call.

While the click isn't focusable, it does still gain the heal focus from heal mod SPA's like Armor of the Inquisitor, so most of the time it's going to land for at least 20k. Again, not the same as a focused merciful touch, but still pretty useful, and I find it's a great survivability booster.