Best 6 box ever

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by KRYGZ, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Aurastrider Augur

wiz, ranger, cleric x4. Wizard tanks, ranger heals and clerics dps of course. To make this uber group a challenge don't fight undead mobs. You wont want this superior dps force to kill to fast.

In all seriousness the best 6 box ever is the one you can actually play to its fullest potential. If you have tanking, healing and pulling (if needed) the rest is just skill, ability, hardware, software and desire to learn each classes abilities and try to mesh them together to work. I don't know that there is a best for everyone but everyone should be able to find what works the best for them.

To date I continue to evolve and develop more toons trying to find a superior setup for myself. Currently running sk, cleric (merc), and mage x4 but just leveled 6 more toons to 110 (soon to be 8 toons) and want to test them out to see how well my performance might be dropping a mage or two for another class. I am also wanting to drop the merc and replace them with an actual character healer which is why I leveled up all 3 priest classes.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  2. Suffer Lorekeeper

1 Harmtouch and 2 Zerker Dichto's bypasses most mechanics in the group game. Then I cleanup with 2 overhasted Zerkers flurring their balls off with Ruabbri's Fury from the Beast. I am sure there are similar 6 box setups damage wise, but we would most likely be splitting hairs to say there is better in my opinion.
  3. Redrum_Redrum Augur

6 Paladins
    Axxius and Pirlo like this.
  4. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

If the next expansion was 100% undead I would say this is a great idea.
  5. Critts Augur

I wonder if there is a class you could 6 box by itself? SKx6, magex6, necrox6, Chanterx6, or Druidx6(maybe). Truth is there is little need to box 6 toons unless you just really want to. Sure there are some tougher missions out there you might be able to do that a 3 box or 4 box can’t, but at that point just get some help. I personal have asked myself what team I would 6 box if I had the time to invest into that many inventories. I would really like to do SK, Wiz, wiz, Mage, Druid, and chanter. I would like 3 wizards but I just couldnt pass up the CoH when running that many toons. I recently tried 3 boxing with two wizards, SK, healer, damage casterx2. To be honest it was overkill at that point.
  6. NeverPayForLag Augur

my personal 6 box is not so much about DPS but about flexibility and fun - the question is a bit too simple:

Druid - Ports & fast travel (FoF/Cheetah), Groupheal (patch), nice DPS
    Cleric - the real and only easy heals, DI (!), Rezz 100%, Divine Guardian, Groupheals (HoT/Full)
    Warrior - best mitigation, 2HS DPS, smooth run - no big spikes, easy to box
    Enchanter - easy crowd control, Buffs (Crack), best Spell/Damageshield/Melee mitigation buffs (!), Pet
    Mage - emergency tank (pet), DPS, CoH/GroupCoH (!), Petweapons
    Rogue - SOS (!), sneaks in every corner - discoverer, nice DPS if maxed AA, emergency corpse runner at wipe

But honestly every class is cool. Sad that some missions need these horrible DPS checks. That makes some classes again a bit limited.

With this combo I could do everything except the really hard missions with DPS limits. But today I had success even with Fell Foliage.

I am also working with:

- Pal, Shm, Dru, Brd, Rog, Mag
    - Shd, Clr, Wiz, Enc, Ber, Mnk
    - War, Clr, Wiz, Nec, Bst, Rng

Every group can do nearly everything except it is highly critical. They are all 110 but lack partly on AA or gear. So missions are always critical with them. The last combo misses a bit crowd control. Nec is not ideal for that for me, but I only need to play him more intense.
  7. jeskola pheerie

Mag, Dru, enc, clr, SK, brd was my 2nd to last one (tlp no merc). Now on Test it's mag, Dru, enc, nec, brd, clr Merc or ranger (swap) with superbuffed and geared earth pet tank
  8. Mintalie Augur

I have a friend doing this and it is SICK.
    Pirlo and I_Love_My_Bandwidth like this.
  9. Mizen Baenre Lorekeeper

SK, Cleric, Bard, Shaman, Rogue, Berserker.
  10. spiderbutter New Member

If you pick a Shadow Knight, Bard, Shaman your going be pretty unstoppable. It really comes down to your play style. I three box three Necromancers and root rot myself. If i solo just a single Necromancer i can drop 6 mobs in under 4 minutes and wait on spawns.
  11. Mell Journeyman

My question should be legal I think since Im not AFK killing.

Well,to any of you who are familiar with 3rd party program which ease your boxing,is there any program other than [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] that can "hit one key and activate ALL THE WINEQ instance's hotkey"??I mean like if I hit "7" on the keyboard then all 6 WinEQ instances will all excute THE HOTKEY 7 in its own instance.
  12. Mell Journeyman

Wow,the forum automatically change my word "I-S-B-O-X-E-R" into
    "Unmentioned 3rd party software".This is interesting,haha.
  13. Daedly Augur

They are from the same company....
    Also, to my knowledge, it doesnt have the capabilities of afk play like botting. From my experience its main feature is the abilities are to broadcast both keys and mouses through a number of diffrent means. Straight keystrokes, different overlays, etc.
  14. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

/grabs popcorn and awaits the anti-boxer brigade
    Pirlo and Zamiam like this.
  15. Ultrazen Augur

Sk, Chanter, Druid, cleric merc, wiz merc, wiz merc. Can pull a variety of ways, harmony, SK, chanter mez. Druids bring a metric ton of utility in one class, and fire debuffs that are always overlooked and underrated.

Super easy team to pilot, you can spend 95% of your time on the SK or Chanter, depending on which one you like pulling with. Could sub a warrior for the SK, as they have better AFK agro, but the utility an SK brings is pretty handy, and there are still a lot of situations where feign death splitting is the best approach.

6 player classes? Sk, Chanter, Cleric, Druid, Wiz, Wiz. The fire debuffs the druid brings will = more DPS than just another wiz in that slot, and just as easy to macro + backup heals in a pinch. The beauty of this comp as a boxer, is that you only have one character that has to move once you set up a camp. Having multiple characters to position every fight gets really old, really fast, and even older when you're on your 100000000000th pull. Could sub Warrior or Palie for SK if you like them better, they will all work fine. Could also sub a mage for one wiz if you want COH. Mages are easy to macro on box teams, and the pet management really isn't a problem, just part of the right macros.
  16. bigpapa Augur

SHM , chanter , and 4 mages , could proc alliance ( 2,2 Million + DD ) every 15 seconds ( who is 1 min refresh ), shm aura add haste to all pets and summoned pets, group hot, lion procs ( add another hot ). and chanter auras to proc dd and twincast and big caster burns.
    Pirlo likes this.
  17. Tucoh Augur

With the new shaman aura it's not such a given that a druid would be the best for a mage / caster group, but I'm still planning on using a druid for the 4 mage group I'm building.

Also in TBL the four mage groups is stronger because:
    1. New alliance spells confirms that the alliance spells aren't just a one-off.
    2. There are new weapon augs that have a heal ToT proc. The 2H caster one ( Elemental Corporeal Gusting Zephyr) is 6k hp heal on cast. I'll have to see how strong it is when I get it and compare it to a DD weapon proc, but it has the potential to be as good as the melee heal ToT proc weapons. It also requires that you do all the challenger achievements in TBL, so it won't be easy to get and a boxer would probably need to do them all independently since missions + challenger achievements tend to be box unfriendly.
  18. Thugrok New Member

3 mages and 3 rangers.
  19. Thugrok New Member

But I also agree with earlier posts, if you want to do more than 3 box, you need to use something else. I 3 box currently Shaman, Mage, Ranger and it works well but I suck at it because I hate alt tabbing so I only 3 box at times when no one else is on and I cant get a group, ill 2 box in a group without issue, any combination of the 3 is easy to manage.
  20. Belkar_OotS Augur

Always a fun discussion and the answer depends on your goals.

I favor dependability over speed and groups that can counter any situation and succeed. I hate wiping so glass cannon groups are not my style.

I would go with:
    1. Cleric - best overall healing and cures, better tools for in combat recovery and dealing with oh crap moments.
    2. Enchanter - best mezzing and crowd control in general, stuns, punts blurs, runes, loaded with utility and provides adps and dps when the fancy stuff isn't needed.
    3. Shadow Knight - solid tank, best ae ago, self healing and some utility. Warrior/Paladin can also work depending on your sensibilities and the relative weaknesses in the group.
    4. Back up healer/dps/support class - druid or shaman, depending on the group and sensibilities, but need solid healing in the event the cleric dies, is stunned or mezzed or tossed or split activities or multi tank necessary groups.
    5. Pet class - most likely mage but the others work too. Mostly dps but provides a second tank when needed with some nice to have utility. Also covers those situations where only pets do damage or something bugs out under the world etc.
    6. Usually I go with a secondary CC/dps/utility class such and ranger, but at this point most major or common situations are covered. But ranger provide all kinds of dps and benefit from all kinds of in group support. I often like rogues for the pick lock, corpse recovery, some pulling but most roles are already redundant by the time this slot is covered.
    Heploc likes this.