Quality of Life wishes and dreams. What would you want?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Risiko, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Tatanka Joe Schmo

The devs DID think of this. Right click on an empty spell gem on your spell bar, and everything is sorted by category for you. And the spell level for each spell is also displayed.

Also, the font color in that list corresponds to target type (self-only, single, group, AE, etc), and I think (not positive) that the font color used is the same color as the spell gem for that type of spell.

With this feature, there's basically no reason to ever open your spellbook.

Also, you may not be aware, the UI supports spellsets. Right click on the book icon on your spell bar, and you can define, load, and delete spellsets.
  2. svann Augur

those menu categories are not always the most organized
    Daedly and Yinla like this.
  3. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

1) Ranger Combat Discs Like pure shot and melee weapon discs not on the same shared timer. Therefore, when bow disc down , we can then run in and melee. They cannot be used at the same time, so should have separate timers.

2) Add an option to include belt for bandolier purposes, so that I can quickly change out belts depending on what I am doing, ie. DPS vs tanking.

3) 2 players can place a fellowship campfire.

4) *** Cut minimum bow distance in half so that we can still bow DPS in tight quarters. !

5 ) Reduce the mana cost of offensive spells for rangers. ( mana bleeding )
    or
    a high priced aa ability that can convert the endurance (we barely use) into mana
    or
    spend endurance on the arrow spells instead of mana since they are a physical attack.

6) Fix cover tracks , so that it actually looses aggro like it used to.

7) Improve the ranger spells VS summoned mob , that has not been improved since Luclin or POP. (A level 110 spell ) that has bane damage effect against elemental mobs.

8) Head shot should work on any mobs that have a head, including animals. If they can be decapitated, then they could be head shot.
    Greymantle and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  4. IblisTheMage Augur

Drag and drop on messages: dragging a line from one window to another will move all current and future instances of that class of messages to the new window. Example: drag guildsay from window A to window B —> now all future guildsay will appear in window B, and current messages also move over. Disabled on locked windows.
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Tremendous idea!
  6. ForumBoss Augur

Ranger headshot does way more dps than BER decapitate. Be aware that if you get this increase in mob compatibility, it would likely be nerfed so hard that it isnt fun or worth thinking about anymore.
  7. Tucoh Augur

from beta forum:

[IMG]
    svann and IblisTheMage like this.
  8. Tucoh Augur

This'll be a huge help for my bard, because now I can integrate dicho and insult much more easily.

Now if there's a fix added for:
    https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQ-1810

My bard's melody chain will be immortal.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  9. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Bard Selos AA, at least 2 new ranks.
    slightly reduced cool down on Dissonant Chord. say 10 seconds shaved off per AA
    another rank of both Boastful Bellow & Vainglorious Shout
    an upgrade to Storm Blade song.
    an upgrade to Amplification song
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  10. Brohg Augur

"c'mon gimme more power devs" posts are misplaced in this thread. There's class forums for that
    Anglesy, IblisTheMage and Tucoh like this.
  11. Daedly Augur

Add regular guild hall port clickies to the loyality vendor that just using regular teleporting methods instead of requiring an anchor.
    Make a primary and secondary that share timers and same lockout with the currents ones, respectively.

Sometimes i would much rather just go to the simple small guild hall and i wouldnt need to worry about my anchor disappearing either.
    Gyurika Godofwar, Brohg and Angahran like this.
  12. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

Head shot has already been nerfed in that it does not happen as often as decapitate. True it does a good deal of damage, but happens less often.
  13. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

Also , alliance spells should block the cast of other alliance spells, such that we don't waste the mana or spell cast timer if it does not land. Or both should land and both fulminate independent of the other.
    Angahran likes this.
  14. segap Augur

So dumb them down? They're meant to be a cooperative action. Requiring some coordination and communication is not a bad thing. Too much of the game already revolves around just mashing buttons with no thought. It's not that hard to manage as is.
    Tucoh likes this.
  15. snailish Augur

apologies if this is already in this lengthy thread:

I'd like potions like the concentration line to not be really long cast.

They are not an in-combat thing nor a travel thing. I don't see why any buff potion needs to be more than a 2-3 second cast.
    Risiko likes this.
  16. Task New Member

Pretty big thread.
    I will get bombarded with hate for this, but time to update the character models. These bloated, funky running football players need to go.
  17. Tatanka Joe Schmo

No hate here. That would imply I really like the current models. For me, it's ambivalence. I don't play EQ for the graphics, so I couldn't care less if they update them. And once you prioritize against actual QOL issues, I can't see how this would be near the top.
  18. IblisTheMage Augur

19. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

20. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

Agreed Alliance spells are meant for cooperation, but with raids being complex and very busy, it is not always easy to tell if another ranger landed an alliance, depending on where I am at during the event. I am not saying if a spell is resisted, only if one is already there. When trying to maximize DPS, it would work more effectively if we didn't loose the mana if blocked, or if they both landed but fired separately when multiple alliances are cast. I respect your opinion, but I think the alliance spell line should still be more user friendly.
    Thanks,
    Kurage