Clicking Quit at Char Select takes me to old EQ login rather than server select

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by bloodbeard, Nov 28, 2018.

1. bloodbeard Elder

This has been going on for about a week or so. I have two accounts and two comps. When playing for awhile, and then camping to Character Select and clicking Quit, I am not directed to the server login screen. Instead I find myself at a login screen which resembles the EQ login 'back in the day', and sometimes I get a "can't connect to server" message.

All of this leads to a lock. I cannot login back in on this screen. The Cancel button just takes me to a blank screen where it will sit forever. I have to pull up Task Manager and force shutdown EQgame.
  2. Aeluan New Member

I have the same problem except it has been happening for much longer than you stated. It has been months. Very frustrating.
  3. bloodbeard Elder

No reply from a dev? Is there another thread on this subject which I missed in my initial search for this problem? Is this forum for asking questions and devs providing possible solutions?
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I was having the same issue since last months patch but it appears to have cleared up for some reason. I was closing it out by clicking the red x in upper right.
  5. p2aa Augur

I'm having this exact same issue since around 1 week too. I recall having it some time ago, and it fixed itself (I don't know how), but it came back for me during this week. And I confirm it's happening only for toons who have been online for a long time before logging out.
    It's annoying yeah.
  6. Qbert Gallifreyan

You might want to /camp server . . . at least if that's what your goal is in the first place.
  7. McDougal Augur

I get that too. Might be because you used CD to install?
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Does anyone still do this?;)

Started up again - only after being logged in for a very long time. After /camp goes thru next screens ok till gets to the last one then hangs and comes back with the old style log in screen again but nothing happens when you click cancel on it. Still able to close EQ thru task manager or the red X in upper right if in the right mode.