Best 6 box ever

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by KRYGZ, Nov 29, 2018.

1. KRYGZ Lorekeeper

Hey guys looking for some input on what you guys believe the best 6 box ever is and why. Please support your answer the best you can.
  2. AlmarsGuides Augur

depends entirely on the programs you choose to use and what you want to accomplish with your box team.

No programs, you'll want classes that don't require you to constantly tab to each screen. Necros would be good for DPS since you can make elaborate /pause macros and only tab to them two or three times a fight.

If you are using everyone's favorite boxing program then my favorite group composition is War, Clr, Ench, Wiz, Wiz, Wiz. Since you have full control over all your characters and with Key Broadcasting 1 button press can cast on all of them at once it's best to duplicate your DPS classes and also it's best to use the highest single target dps class which is either Wizard or Magician depending on who you ask. I prefer Wizards though primarily because they require very little intelligence to play at almost their full ability which makes them perfect for boxing. Mages require more micro managment and pet control which has its uses for boxing but it's not to my liking.

If you are using everyon'e least favorite boxing program then your group comp matters much less since the program is playing your boxes for you, you can basically tell it to do whatever you want. Also, with this program it's the only way you can effectively box melee and get the most out of using them. Some may disagree but I prefer to let parses do the talking not personal opinions. Melee require so much button spamming it's nearly impossible to box a melee character and get a lot of DPS out of them while also tanking and doing other things your group needs you to do. One thing worth noting about this program though, if you rely solely on it you'll be doing about half the DPS your characters can actually do since it attacks as S-L-O-W as you can possibly imagine. It takes like 30 - 40 seconds to pop burns which for anyone that raids will know is reallllllly bad. Like, significantly bad, especially for melee since by that time your burns are already fading.

There are lots of factors and variables that go into boxing 6 characters, it'll also depends on what YOU want to do with your team. If you plan to do current content, you'll want a Warrior as a tank. If you just want a 6 box to mess around on and you never plan to buy the current expansion pack, a Shadow Knight is usually a better tank.

I have many guides written on the topic which you can view here: https://almarsguides.com/eq/gettingstarted/boxing/
    Chanteren and Metanis like this.
  3. Orbital101 Augur

Its all a question on how well you can 6 box the classes you play. There is not 1 genuine 6 box team that can do everything better then every other one and there is too many setup available to pretty much do everything in EQ nowadays!
  4. KRYGZ Lorekeeper

Lets say if I used a boxing program and mained a beastlord could I possibly box a Tank well while only playing on the Beastlords Screen?
  5. Orbital101 Augur

Box team much easier to control from the tank tbh... Only other class that I have control on is the bard or what ever other class I use for pulling with 2 screens.. DPS and healers are all keybinded.
  6. KRYGZ Lorekeeper

Problem is, Beastlords require too much to box is why I was asking if I could still play a Tank and focus more on the Beast
  7. Alekzandre Augur

There is no answer to your question IMO.

With that said. I can box 6, I normally play 4 real toons and two mercs. I add my Warrior and Cleric if I need them for a named or whatever. I do not use IS Boxer. I have no issues with people that use it, I just choose not too, and my system works well for me. I have thought about using it, but what I do works well, and i am lazy (which some say is why I should use it lol). If I was going to play 6 real toons all the time, I would go through the learning curve process and get IS Boxer, and pay the subscription for it. Playing more than 4 without it is just to much like work to me.

The answer to your question about "
    Problem is, Beastlords require too much to box is why I was asking if I could still play a Tank and focus more on the Beast "
    is, based on talking, in game, with people that use IS Boxer, is yes, you can. Yes I can even without IS Boxer using Macros, and /assist and /tar commands.

My Box team on one of my servers is led by a Beastlord. It is a Beastlord, Mage, Enchanter, and Druid, with Tank and Healer Merc normally. I can kill most things. My Tank and healer Merc are T5 Journeyman, with Merc gear, and plenty of Merc AA (Yes, these things make a big difference). You have to position the Beastlord, if you want to get the best DPS, but that is not a problem, that is part of the fun. I have four separate screens normally, 6 when 6 boxing. These are independent EQ installs to get separate tabs on the Task Bar for each account/toon, easy to switch, once you get used to it.

When my Warrior is in the Group he is the main screen, but regardless I click the tabs to switch (Yeah I know there are other ways to do it), and use macros to do abilities, cast spells, follow, assist, etc. Normally the Beastlord is what we are calling the main screen, and he is the main assist. "/assist main" is your friend. When pulling I may have The Druid,. Bard, Ranger or Enchanter as the focus screen.

I play two other 4 box teams on other servers. Mage, Ranger, Enchanter, Wizard and Beastlord, Bard, Enchanter, Druid. I am not saying these are the best combos, it is just what I use as cores, and add in the Warrior, SK, Pally, and Cleric as needed, to make up box 5 and 6.

I like to only position one melee as main set up, and two is the fight needs it. Some people manage more than one with np, and are very good at it.

Just some food for thought.
  8. Daedly Augur

I box the team you see my sig, note the beastlord. I play them all from the SK screen more or less. I have no complaints on the bsts dps. Is it as good as if a real player was using him? Nope, and it shouldnt be. Have i broken 500k dps on him during the cactus mission without having to switch to his screen? Yep.

I aint gonna lie though, i have spent probably 20+ hours learning the program and makiing adjustments to its keybroadcasting and to each characters ingame macro's, keybinds, and UI placement. I dread everytime i have to make a change.
  9. Brohg Augur

It's my feeling that engagement should be scaled to the depth of the inquiry. Anyone investing more here than the OP should recognize what they're doing.

Goodurden ftw.
  10. Tucoh Augur

Probably not.

I'd recommend rolling a war/bard/bst + mercs and go from there.

I'm not going to say it's the best or whatever, but I'm happy with the sixbox setup I have (that includes a beastlord) here:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/tucos-setup-critique-welcome.240258

and wouldn't change much.
  11. AnzoRagespirit Augur

5 zerkers and 1 shaman. Don't worry bout a tank stuff will die before you die...and if stuff goes bad rotate defensives and fades on the zerkers accordingly.
  12. Whulfgar Augur

I run two sets..
    War, sham, zerker zerker zerker healer merc

war, druid, ench, wiz wiz wiz

Both are equally capable. I've taken stuff down in T1 on the zerker team down faster then the wiz team can with out question. However in T2, the Wizzies seem to be better dps. Both set's when burning have zero issues with any named in expansion. I've also been debating on adding a bard for the zerker team.

Best ever ? Meh.. It works for me. I use alt / tab .. and socially built hotkeys to accomplish all I need done.
    Garcielle likes this.
  13. eqgamer Augur

This one is easy. Clr. Shm. Enc. Sk. Wiz. Mage. And since I’m to support my position: Clr Best healer and aura ig. Shm Best buffer/healer ig. Enc Best cc and 2nd best buffer ig. Sk is best toon ever. Wiz Best dps and evac. Mage best pet and coh. Considered adding a disclaimer, but where’s the fun in that?
  14. Conq Augur

I have tried many iterations and finally settled on this for my primary 6 box group for the 3 latest expansions:
    Warrior, Monk, Bard, Cleric, Berserker, Magician. I run no add-on software, just in game macros. I run 2 accounts on one computer and 4 accounts on the other computer in windowed mode - so all accounts show at all times (just split screen x2 and x4). Trash in any RoS zone is usually 2 hotkeys (macros, no autofire) per account for each mob with no burns, so each mob lasts ~15ish seconds if killing singles. The only group content I can't box with this setup is the Skyfire mission, I just don't have the energy to power through that one by myself.
    Conq
  15. Suffer Lorekeeper

SK, Clr, Brd, Bst, Ber, Ber.
    Tucoh likes this.
  16. IblisTheMage Augur

17. Tucoh Augur

This thread is low-quality shitpost by KRYGZ but just for fun, the problem with that kind of group (which is very similar to one that I regularly run) is that if you run into an opponent you have to fight with spell-casting or fight at range the group falls apart.
  18. Galactron Journeyman

The best depends upon programs or no programs.

No programs forget it, 3 accounts and 3 mercs.

Key blasting program Mage, Necro, Wizard, Druid, Shaman and Enchanter. Much easier to spam nukes with hot keys,3 pets for added Dps and tanking. Healing overlap, damage shields, endless mana, buffs galore, debuffs galore, mezzing, less gear requirement to level etc etc etc.

The program which we can never name. Same as above.

Most fun for me is SK or Warrior, Shaman, Druid, Monk or Zerker, enchanter and Mag.
  19. Dreadmore Augur

Best six-box is all rangers. You have high DPS, moderate tanking, and poor healing. But multiply that by six, and you have amazing DPS, good tanking, and OK healing! Plus you can track six different things at the same time.
  20. Annastasya Augur

6 Mages. obv.
    Axxius likes this.