Mercs will not react to anything

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Goregasm, Nov 18, 2018.

1. Goregasm New Member

My healer merc on my main won't buff other group members and my alt's caster merc does literally nothing but stand there, even when I engage a target with my alt, the owner. I've tried everything possible to fix it including a bunch of files support told me to delete, rehiring a new merc, and toggling different stances, auto-assist etc. What gives? I'll just stop playing/subbing if this can't get resolved.
  2. Buster_Shruggs Augur

Are the other group members lower level than the toon w/healer merc? I believe a high level healer merc won't buff a vastly lower toon. For example, a while back, u could have high level healer mercs cast hp buffs on even a level 1 toon. They changed that sometime ago iirc. The caster mercs , depending on their setting and skill level( apprentice vs journeyman) , won't attack until your main tank has solid aggro. At least, that's been my experience with caster mercs. Also, geometry can affect the mercs... in areas where my merc is lev'd or my toon is up the side of a wall , my merc doesn't seem to want to heal. I either coth the merc right on top of where I'm fighting the mob or run out into a more open, flat area. Hope that sheds some light.
  3. Buster_Shruggs Augur

Also, make sure u don't have other buffs that block the merc's inc buffs. :)
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

The only times I had issues like this is/was when I had mercs that were less than J5 mercs. My J5 healer will buff - heal and rez all levels in group and sometimes has tanked!. My little froggy caster sometimes is dead before I have time to get to the mob - huge aggro. And the tank merc is a real fighter. Even when I am boxing the box's merc is out there fighting even when I have not attacked with the box! He runs out there just cause everyone else did I guess.
    When I use the lesser mercs -say when leveling up an alt - then I have noticed the mob has to hit me first before the tank or caster will engage. Sometimes the lesser healers tell me I pulled too many mobs and shouldn't we leave? :) And they tend to not heal with the right spells it seems. There are healer spells to block for best performance. Good info here https://pakcafaneq.wordpress.com/blocking-spells-helps-your-cleric-heal/
    Buster_Shruggs likes this.
  5. Goregasm New Member

That makes sense about the healer since my alt is significantly lower. Perhaps that also explains the caster? Yeah I know all that about the caster, it should cast, I've covered all those requirements. It's a J1 (still need to unlock 5.)
  6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Are you sure the merc hasn't been set to passive?