Safe Fall training.

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Fishlips_Jones, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Fishlips_Jones Journeyman

Get a Gyrospire Relocation Device and click it. After cooldown, face the appropriate direction and run off the top. After landing, click the GRD...rinse/repeat. There is no cooldown when used in the same zone and you can leave auto run on and have a straight shot to the edge of the tower.

Face north if Zeka, south if Beza.
    Brohg likes this.
  2. Gana Augur

There is/was a sweet spot in Erudin by Toxx zone in where you can jump off the ledge and run onto the porter pad to put you back on the ledge.
  3. segap Augur

All you need to do is find a steep wall that you can move up. There are several good spots in PoK . Move backwards and forwards with your back to that wall. Having Selos makes it work even better. When you move forward, you don't follow the z-axis down immediately, so you end up falling a little when the client realizes the ground moved. You can get a few falls per second doing this.
  4. Sigpa0s Journeyman

I second Segap's suggestion of PoK. Any of the steep hillsides right below the Library will work just fine.

Instead of just moving forward and backward though, stand at the wall, hold forward and right or left, then change focus (alt-tab or just click outside of the EQ client) and your character will run in circles while getting safe fall skillups. This also works for swimming skillups in the fishing pond in PoK.
  5. AB_H'Sishi Augur

I used to level my Safe Fall in Dagnor's Cauldron. The cliffs around the lake are so rough you permanently drop from a small cliff onto the next.
  6. Lianeb Augur

Run up and down the stairs at Beasts Domain entrance from Argath is pretty good.
    GoneFission likes this.
  7. Brohg Augur

will circling keep you on that ramp, or just dump you off at the bottom for no more skillups?
  8. Fishlips_Jones Journeyman

If you're referring to my post, there is no ramp. The device always ports you to the same spot at the top of the tower; auto run remains on, so all you need to do after you jump off and land is click the device.
  9. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Gana's is the way to go. It is rather easy to set up assuming you have a decently made map. Once you get aimed right just turn auto run on and grab a good book or put on a movie. If you're a smaller race you might need to have someone cast grow on you in the zone or use a potion, but otherwise it is rather easy to do for long periods with nothing to get stuck on.
  10. Vmas_EQ New Member

Nexus Spires ...