monk epic 1.0 needs some support

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Korbazz, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Korbazz New Member

hello daybreack and all. i am a old player coming back to the game as a free to play. i am at the point in the epic 1.0 were i need to flut parts for my robe and i need to get pawbuster to show up for one of the parts of the flut. now i am trying to get this guy to show for almost 2 months with 0% of success. i do not know if this guy is bugged or has been disabled or if thare is any way to get the part any way else. now i normaly grind in kc for 2 to 5 hours a day so in 2 months he should have poped for me and he has not. can i get some sort of a work around or a way so he can just be spowned for me ples.
  2. Dreadmore Augur

Seems you aren't alone

3. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

I have had the same "luck" with Quilmane for the mage epic. I've done every single epic in the game (45/48) except for the mage, because I can't get his cloak. I can not tell you how many weeks I spent camping him with multiple trackers, slaughtering grey mobs, trying all the "tricks" and guides for how to spawn him. I have seen him all of 1 single time, and he didn't drop the cloak.

And then I gave up. 45/48 epics, and that mob made me say, "nah, not worth it."

I believe this is considered to be the "fun" of EQ. Enjoy.
  4. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

My guess is the spawn table(s) is/are broken.
  5. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Actually...

Because of this thread, I logged in my bard that was permanently camped in SK. Between my last post and right now, Quillmane spawned 3 times and finally dropped the cloak on the last (my 4th kill overall).

RNG is still not fun. I believe a far better system (just more fun in general) incorporates "reverse diminishing returns", so that every time your toon does not get a needed drop for it's quest, or a named does not spawn on a cycle, the odds of that drop or named happening on the next cycle should increase. The EQ system, which allows for such high chance of near-endless failures is just not fun, imho :)

But still, Thank you, RNGesus!
    Yinla likes this.
  6. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

and 2 more just spawned...

I wonder if a dev is having sympathy for me rofl :)
    Yinla likes this.
  7. KermittheFroglok Augur

Nope, I've been farming cloaks off/on for the past couple months for my Mage and alts. The guide on ZAM was working fine for me, I was getting 3-4 spawns an hour using a lv 85 ranger as the tracker, generally only took 90 minutes to find the correct placeholder cycl3. You were probably tracking the entirely wrong cycle of placeholders most of your attempts.

I hope you weren't with the guild on Vox that I kept telling to stop using the P99 guide for, not sure why people try using that instead of ZAM's.
  8. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Your Luck stat is already in place?
  9. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Hahah must be! :)

And I thought I might be able to help the OP, too: Brother Qwinn walked up to me and dropped the Robe of the Lost Circle! I thought he (especially dropping the robe) was as mythically rare as Quill! But then I realized that's the wrong robe for the OP :(
  10. Funk Augur

It's increased named spawns for a couple more days get in there and get that Pawbuster man!
    You never stated that you are in fact killing the room directly under the jail with only one way in and out. and 4 mobs. But I wish you luck!
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.
  11. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Funny story. Way back like 50 years ago (it only seems like 50 years) I was camping Raster in LGuk for my Monk's robe. I camped Raster for at least 4 days. I even called in to work so I wouldn't lose the camp!

Turns out I was killing the wrong mobs.
    Funk and NameAlreadyInUse like this.
  12. Korbazz New Member

on zam they say pawbuster is in the warlord room of kc so i have been trying to camp that room for 2 to 5 hours a day for almost 2 months with no pawbuster droping anything at all
  13. littlepoe New Member

been camping pawbuster on and off for a month now, 2-6 hours a time , monk has gained 5 lvls, i have talked to other players camping it and we laugh that its broken because no one has seen it (.Agnarr)
  14. Herf Augur

Yep, no Pawbuster here either. And stuff is starting to go green there for my monk.

Haven't been able to get Targin the Rock to spawn either. I'm up to hear with drops from the King and Priest :(.

Agnarr.
  15. Korbazz New Member

i am starting to think that pawbuster in kc is brocken or buged so its fealing like i cant complete it becouse this guy never want to show up so i can complet my monk epic. anyone know of were to go to get both pipes at one time? becouse its seeming like the one for kc is brocken or something.
  16. keenwen New Member

Pawbuster can be bored, yes but he spawn (i have done the monk epic 4-5 times9
  17. Korbazz New Member

i like you say yes he can spown but i have been camping him for 2 months and i have not seen him spown so thare is something rong when i try to get him to show. now this is 2 to 5 hours a day for 2 months that is equal to about 213.5 hours of grinding him with no show. in my math yes something is rong and i would like a work around or for him to just show up for me so i can get the metal pipe from him for my epic. now i know some stuff is time gated but this is redickuless.
  18. Dreadmore Augur

In the past 2 months?
    NameAlreadyInUse likes this.
  19. GNOME_POWER Augur

20. Herf Augur

I've been camping there, still no pawbuster.