Not that EU defined us, but...

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Izzemelon, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Izzemelon New Member

I had to stop playing about a month before the EU "change." Can anyone give an overview of the net effect this has had on dps, raid or group. I enjoyed being able to burn every so often, but I guess that's only for zerkers and druids...

Also, are we getting anything in Beta to offset EU?
  2. Dreadmore Augur

... European Union?
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Lol you thought the same as I did.
  4. Siddar Augur

This is not a forum for discussion on Brexit. :p
  5. Dreadmore Augur

I couldn't easily find any wizard spell or AA with the initialism "EU" so I had to take a guess!
  6. Inagaki Elder

From patch of Oct 24:
    - Magician - Elemental Union has been renamed Thaumaturge's Focus and the ability line has been changed to only focus magic based spells.
  7. Izzemelon New Member

Better answers than I had hoped for, save me Sancus.
  8. Cicelee Augur

EU only works on magic spells now.

You can still "burn" as a magician, just not with EU.

As of now, all of the AA have not been listed. Therefore it is unsure if anything is replacing EU.

It is hard for myself, at least, to throw out any sort of real numbers like "Not using EU reduces your parse by 30%" because there are so many different factors comparing before/after raid parses for events. Maybe a mathematical wiz like Sancus wants to take the time to determine the exact number (or a reasonable range), but my point is... why bother? What is done is done, time better suited to new expansion things and reconfiguring weaves and AA discs to take the most advantage of the class...
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  9. Izzemelon New Member

I don't doubt our long term sustained is still fine, but we didn't have much in the way of burst abilities to begin with outside of Twincast/FBO, that wasn't already limited by worn focus mods. I appreciate your response and I'll look forward to Beta news.
  10. Cicelee Augur

Well, a magician should not "burst". A wizard should be the burst class.

Magicians are always hard because we "should" be in the middle of wizards and necromancers from a raid duration perspective. As in, a short event a wizard should do more damage than a mage, in a long event a necromancer should win out, and we are somewhere in the middle. However, what is considered "medium duration event" leaves open a lot of interpretation since developers have not really defined how long that should be.

I would have preferred different changes to EU than just getting rid of fire spells from it. But we will adapt, we will persevere, and we will still be successful after the changes...
    IblisTheMage likes this.