Account to account transfer

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Moak, May 30, 2018.

1. Xiss Journeyman

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
  2. Mulder New Member

Would be great to be able to transfer for LDoN coming out on Agnarr soon :(
  3. Krinadon New Member

Please invest resources into getting this functional again... I have been eagerly waiting for this since February and there's been virtually 0 updates on it since then. Insane.

So many people are wanting to utilize account to account transfers. The feature would easily pay for itself. You are losing out on so much potential revenue...
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. Zoso Journeyman

5. Zoso Journeyman

I think that the silence and lack of updates is a clear message. Things are breaking and will remain broken.

I had some of these done a couple years ago and it wasn't even officially supported then. They just had enough staff to do things like this. I'd have to buy a character transfer token and keep it in the appropriate character's inventory and provide the needed information through a ticket for the new account. My point being - it was dicey even when it was "offered" and I doubt they'll devote any resources to bringing it back.
  6. Hadesborne Augur

Regardless, this was a service that was offered for sale and taken advantage of by many. We are still waiting for a fix. I have a few characters I still would love to transfer over to their own accounts. Those accounts currently are FTP but I will sub them when I get to pay for my transfer and have it done. Imagine how much revenue was lost due to this over the last year and a half.
  7. Paladin Augur

It appears there has been no Dev update on this since May 2018.

Can this account-to-account transfer be made a priority after the launch of the new expansion? Please?
  8. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Ahead of the necro dot revamp, bug fixes for the new xpac, and looking at changing keying for TLP raids?
  9. Dreadmore Augur

If it were something I could actually vote on, then speaking honestly? Yes, I'd want this ahead of everything else. Personally and selfishly speaking of course ;)
    Barton and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  10. Time Burn Augur

11. Redrum_Redrum Augur

Any updates on this? We are now going on a year without a feature that makes money for a company. Please give us a reasonable response as to when this will be fixed and why it has been such a struggle to resolve this.
    Paying customer with 4 characters waiting to transfer.
  12. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

I want free transfers.
  13. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

There is greatness in this thread.
  14. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Just sayin:

Aren't we all beatin a dead horse?
  15. TarewMarrForever Augur

Any ETA on this Dev's? I know you're busy getting the expansion out, but I've got 5 active accounts and one has 14 toons that need to be redistributed within the same server. A total of 7 transfers awaiting. $175 in your pocket...

All accounts have the same CC and email, and have had matching CC / Email (in various forms) since they were created two decades ago.
  16. Redrum_Redrum Augur

Any updates on this?
  17. Xiss Journeyman

Will hazard a guess here, and say uhhm. Nope.
    Not on radar.
    Sweep it under the rug with the afk botters.
  18. Moak The Most High

I remember first discovering it was broke in December of last year. I waited until May of this year to check back up- it's now going on December of this year and it still hasn't been addressed- I'm guessing they have no intention of fixing it.
  19. Imukai Augur

The programmer in me says all this involves is changing an Account ID in the character database after verifying the same person owns both accounts, maybe send a command to auto log out the character so things can sync. 10 minutes to add a button into their CSR tools to make the change. $25 a pop for 3-5 minutes of CSR work to verify ownership and push the button.

I've been trying to decide how they're making more money by not having this service "fixed" after at least 18 months of it being "broken".

I know they'd get a lot of money out of me since I have several high level toons on one account that I'd love to be able to box. That means more accounts subbed/krono'd since I play on the TLPs now. Lots more $ on top of the initial $25.
  20. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I have a feeling it is much more intense than that since this broke soon after they stopped supporting win xp/vista and lower. They put a band aid on it for a few months then it went out for good. Just like LDON's have a specific dna that cannot be reproduced so does account to account transfer.