Necro Spell Lineup 105 Request

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Nebulism, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Nebulism Lorekeeper

Hey All,

I've returned to my necro after quite a few years. Over the time I've forgotten quite a bit of the tribal knowledge that I had leading up to this point, so I'm digging in to remember what I've forgotten!

In the meanwhile, does anyone have a good necro spell line-up for root-rot at 105? Additionally, are there any current spreadsheets that document the amount of damage and dps for spells 90-110?

I'll probably start building that spreadsheet back up once I get some time tomorrow.

Finally, with the current state of the game, I assume spell set swaps are still a "thing" when it comes to big burn damage right?

Cheers,
    Neb
  2. Nebulism Lorekeeper

About 1/3 of the way with the sheet documenting 90-105 dot damage and dps (with some assumptions). Tomorrow or Tuesday I'll put down a reasonable root-rot lineup (based on total damage).
  3. Ravanta Suffer Augur

Spell swaps are absolutely still a thing. They probably always will be for us.
  4. Rizzin Elder

Not mine, but good to me:
  5. Nebulism Lorekeeper

Thanks for the response, I'm nearly done with a total damage and a dps list from the spreadsheet I put together. Another follow up:

For Lingering Death AA and efficiency potion,here is what I've deduced.

Is it,
    (Base dot ticks)(1 + efficiency potion)*(1+ExtendedAffliction gear focus)+lingeringDeath3ticks

Let me know if anyone has different opinions, this at least makes the spells last the correct duration.
  6. Brohg Augur

Have you checked out the work done by Sancus here?
  7. Sancus Augur

This is what I came up with:

Base_Dur + 1 + SPA_287 + IF(SPA_128_Spell_Roll * Base_Dur < 1 , 1 , SPA_128_Spell_Roll * Base_Dur) + IF(SPA_128_Worn_Roll * Base_Dur < 1, 1, SPA_128_Worn_Roll * Base_Dur)

To translate that, every spell has its base duration plus a phantom tick. SPA 287, which Lingering Death uses, adds a flat number of ticks (i.e. 3). SPA 128 is used on both the potion and the det extension focus. While the spell data doesn't suggest it, SPA 128 actually does a random roll from 1 to the max value (e.g. 1 to 35 for a raid det extension focus). It adds a minimum of 1 tick. The worn extension and spell extension are calculated separately, meaning if you have a spell extension greater than 0, it will always add at least 1 tick.

Calculating the average duration is a bit tricky because different durations have different probabilities.
  8. Nebulism Lorekeeper

For a normal top 12 rank of spells 95-105, here is what I obtained (in order, assuming appropriate gearing at 105).
    By total damage of 12 spell gems on a normal mob, ignoring raid, plant, and undead flags:

Dichotomic Paroxysm
    Mortiferous Wounds
    Pernicious Wounds
    Necrotizing Wounds
    Livianus' Decay - Likely use the combo dot, illsaria swift decay for this, 2 for 1
    Smouldering Shadow
    Coruscating Shadow
    Pyre of Jorobb
    Ignite Synapses
    Glistenwing Venom
    Blazing Shadow
    Pyre of Marnek

Top 12 by dps, again on normal mobs (ignoring raid, plant, and undead flag), also removed spells with duplicate timers (filtered down-ranked swift dots):

Dichotomic Paroxysm
    Ilsaria's Swift Sickness
    Mazub's Flashblaze
    Marmat's Swift Lifedraw
    Mortiferous Wounds
    Pernicious Wounds
    Pyre of Jorobb
    Ignite Synapses
    Pyre of Marnek
    Necrotizing Wounds
    Ignite Thoughts
    Livianus' Decay

Additional filtering could go in, such as max time allowed (for short mob kills). Another day I'll post something like a 30-60 second lifetime spell list, which probably will include swarm pets to say the least.
    Now maybe I'll go play my necro tomorrow, lol.
    Cheers!
    Neb
  9. Nebulism Lorekeeper

Thanks Brohg and Sancus, I agree with what you've written along with the spreadsheet. Upon hitting 110 I plan on doing more theorycrafting and contributing to that body of work! I'll also explore the random distribution that SPA128 does, which so far from comments appears to be uniform.

Finally, I might go through the effort to create an optimizer that simulates rotation with single spell sets including and excluding burn buffs to start. Also, does anyone have the formulation for how heroic int effects dots?
  10. Sancus Augur

It doesn't. H-Int affects mana, mana regen, DoT shielding, and DD shielding. The latter two protect you from detrimental spells, and have no bearing on those you cast.
    Skewert likes this.
  11. Nebulism Lorekeeper

Thanks for the info Sancus.
  12. spiderbutter New Member

I play with AA root maxed, AA Darkness maxed, I only use 4 spells for root rot and i kill 6 mobs in under 4 minutes per cycle. I went through massive experiments till i found best mana pool kill output. If you want my spell line up leave your name and server and i`ll send you a game tell for my rotation.
    Kalipto likes this.
  13. Demendred Lorekeeper

Corikk I play on FV. shoot me a tell
  14. Took2summmit Elder

For nec spell lineup, assuming you have the AA that lets you cast swifts quicker. For group game, is it best dps to just do sphere, swarm, your 3 swifts, and dicho when it's up? I'm wonder this even against namers that take a while to kill or even some of the namers in the tbl missions that take like 10 minutes each to kill.

I guess against the longer 2minute+ kills its probably worth it to keep the 3 wounds dots up also, but wondering at what point is casting all the lower dmg per tick dots better than just focusing on the highest dps 6 spells I mentioned above?
  15. Brohg Augur

Spellbar shouldn't not include Shadewarden Thoughts Jorobb (basically ever?), you'll want those versus anything you'd refresh Swifts on. I usually swap out the next two (End & Thoughts) for Flesh & ... something, but they're ready to swap back in versus things. Wounds take 3 minutes to run since the proliferation is a minute past the wound, which would be a pretty exceptionally high hp mob indeed, like I haven't seen since Bridge Keeper in group content. Those are, like, solo/raid spells. Even on group named, poisons should deal more total damage.
  16. Chimerah New Member

I'm currently a 63 necro but, on Cazic-Thule/Fennin Ro...
    Name is Chimerah

Any help would be greatly appreciated! TIA