A FV server would be the most toxic server ever. The people who want it are krono farmers.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Iyvy, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Yimin Augur

The problem with PVP is you need to PVP 24-7 ! When sometimes you just want to do a quest ! Or get exp and bam you're dirt napping to a PK :D

YiMin
  2. Kahna Augur

And by "deleted" you mean sold to someone who does have an alt of that class then the cash used to buy a hand me down item from someone who is the same class as your alt. Because that is what reasonable people do with nice gear they no longer need but still want to benefit from.

Additionally, with only 3 month expansions, I most certainly do not have all my alts geared to the 9's, or even my main.
  3. Thomasmgp Elder

so by your logic wouldnt FV be the most Toxic live server? I always end up going back to FV because I like the people here
    Crayon123 likes this.
  4. HoodenShuklak Augur

The true toxicity is the krono farmer and they know that new servers are the easiest krono. So once any server is old, the demand just really dries up precipitously and krono farmers move to greener pa$tures.

So a new FV TLP would not be the most toxic solely because of FV rules...
  5. Kazz99 Elder

No, but it does mean you will be able to do something about the afk/RMT/Krono farmer and puts them at risk of loosing their take as well. But yeah, probably still be a nightmare! Just would be one I would bring popcorn to watch!
  6. Kazz99 Elder

Correct, it is just very unlikely it would dry up as much or as quickly since the reason it usually dries up after Kunark is most things become no drop, which would not be the case on a FV ruleset server.

Now a server with no bazaar, and pvp ruleset combined with FV ruleset, the more I think about it the more fun I think that would be.

Just think of it, RMT farmers camping rare spawns... players camping the RMT farmers.... win win for everyone!
  7. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

The easiest amount of krono to gain comes during velious and into luclin and has zero to do with no-drop items.

No-drop creates a setting in which your average player cannot farm effectively giving someone like me on the bazaar / ec tunnel far more control over the very best trade able items.

I'll say I have zero stats beyond luclin because I usually stop playing about there and because I was so awash in krono and there wasn't another big trader like on phinny to combat on the bazaar.
  8. Accipiter Old Timer

Couldn't have said it better myself. After Lockjaw, Phinny, Agnarr, and Coirnav I swore I wouldn't do a new TLP again (at least not the next one). If it's a free trade server I might be enticed.
  9. Groans Augur

Many people asking for a pvp server dont kmow what they are asking for, its not gonna be what you think.
    1. Tons of cheaters...what makes you think dbg can enforce rules?

2 toxic competition, one guild will emerge the victor and control everything in order not to have fair pvp (defiant on vz) and will be a huge superzerg of players that somehow have unlimited play time

3. Pvp will mainly consist of being by trained over and over by unkillable bards.

VZ was a decent server, we had fun but soon as it merged people vailed from that heap.
  10. Kazz99 Elder

Not sure why you don't think i know what I am asking for (I play/played Eve... if you do not then you do not really know what real PVP is!)...

Regardless, I would eat popcorn and watch all of the "concerns" you posted! ;-)

Point 2 really just depends on how popular the server is, the only viable way I see to make a pvp server work as a TLP would be to do something like this, who knows.

To be fair, they did correct the unkillable "Fansy" the bard training everyone, which is too bad but that in of itself would have been glorious... GO GO GOOD TEAM! lol
  11. Kahna Augur

You can’t really compare a game that is built around PvP (EVE) with a game that hasn’t been balanced around PvP for over a decade (EQ). If they ever open a PVP server I will go exactly the same way the EQ2 PVP TLE server went. It was dead in 6 months and shut down in a year.

Yes, I understand that EQ1 and EQ2 are two very different games, and while the specific issues may be different, the overall issue, that the game isn’t balanced for PvP, remains the same between the two games. Unfair PvP and griefers drove away most of the EQ2 PvP TLE population in short order, it would do the same here. It wouldn’t be long before the server was just a handful of twinks ganking any new person who logged on, ensuring they never returned, because PvPers can’t help but shoot themselves in the foot for giggles.
  12. Kazz99 Elder

Oh I was not comparing the two, just saying I know what PVP should be like as well as how it has been implemented in many games... (Eve, EQ, WOW, Wildstar, etc). EQ was NEVER balanced for PvP, its not been over 10 years.. its been since its inception. There have been token tweaks now and then but nothing that really led to balance.

Also, you forget, adding in the FV ruleset, people can just buy their gear to compete.. right..... also, EQ is in a better spot than WoW was for balance, at least all classes are available to either side (took a while for WoW to correct that) and racial advantages are pretty miniscule vs some in WoW originally.
  13. Funk Augur

I suggested enabling guild wars. Which allows the rest of the server to function normally while two opposing guilds have some pvp fun. It's always brought up that they can't enable it anymore, and I still call BS. It's still in there somewhere and they could enable it if they wanted.

Guilds could have side guilds that only those who want to participate in guild wars join for fun. That way there are no hard feelings. Everyone in those said guilds are there because they want to be. While the rest of the server goes on about their business in PVE.
  14. Machentoo Augur

Only if the winner is willing to sell. Historically, in Everquest PVP, the winners have not been willing to sell anything significant to the rest of the server, for any price, and those who went against the policy were quickly cut off. Or when guilds have played ball, it's been at a point where A) the price is exhorbitant and B) the purchaser's "gear to compete" is about to become completely obsolete when the next expansion drops.
  15. Kazz99 Elder

Well, either way, adding PVP to the FV ruleset goes a long way towards addressing the RMT concerns... either they wont have a market at all, or will be ganked at their campsites and loose all their wares or bug out and loose their exclusive camp...

Plus,. added bonus of possibly being quite entertaining..... I mean, if we are going for a toxic server ruleset, might as well go all in!
  16. Crayon123 Augur

FV is one of the least 'toxic' servers out there. The people there are incredibly friendly and help each other out more than normal due to the items not being no drop. RMT has happened on every TLP to date, it is nothing new. Whether they sell plat, kronos or efreeti boots it is irrelevant when there is a market for it.

How is having items being tradeable going to hurt your game-play? People have been selling LR on every past TLP as well. In fact, having more items available to farm HELPS casuals as you cannot compete for the most lucrative camps such as efreeti boots nor stand toe-to-toe with necros blasting hill giants anyways. Pick an item, go farm it, sell it and trade for what you want.. the opportunities are much more profound.