Beta Reward

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tiggold, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Tiggold Augur

I understand it would take a lot of work to implement. I do appreciate getting anything at all. I mainly wanted to bring to light that you guys hit a home run on that model and I just want it so bad. I guess I'll be logging my ENC in more often is all. I really like what I've been seeing on a lot of the models in Beta so far. Everything, the elementals, the birds, just fantastic. I can't wait until I get to see more of it though!
  2. I-WANT-IT-NOW Augur

3. Ngreth Thergn Developer

In some ways that old model is worse.

New models can be added to an "on demand" load. That way if no player or NPC in the zone is using that model, it doesn't load.
    The old models cannot be added to this file. They get added to the "global load" file. Items in the global load file are loaded into memory whether that player will actually see the model or not. While this model *IS* smaller, it adds bloat to everyone all the time.
    Benito likes this.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Are we guaranteed a hat if we download beta? Have heard that if you don't raid then you don't get the hat. And you have to play x amount of hours a day on beta to qualify for the hat?
  5. Numiko Augur

30 different looks in one file? sounds like you were considering making Djinns a new playable race at one point.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  6. Raccoo Augur

They say they require an unspecified number of beta tokens. Usually that number is low. Normally you need to complete a few quests in beta to acquire enough for the reward.
  7. Monkman Augur

Still waiting for my Tin Foil Hat Ornament
    Verily Tjark likes this.
  8. Ngreth Thergn Developer

This. Do some quests on beta.
  9. Verily Tjark Augur

This should be a tinkering recipe. It's a matter of public health. I've seen the Chem Trails in Norrath.
  10. Mluian Journeyman

I wish DBG gave beta tokens for participating in raids on our own besides just GM lead raids. Winning a raid should at least give everybody who was in the instance one.
  11. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Hrm. That's a maybe, but it would be the first 54 like normal raids... not "everyone" if you bring in more. I.E. I'm not going to re-engineer the reward script, but adding an "if beta, also give this" is not terrible and hugely time-consuming. It would also go away late in beta (for safety reason we would comment it out for live...)

That said... only some that test raids on beta give us feedback, many are here only for gaining early strats... and I'm not sure how much that actually contributes to the beta process
  12. That0neguy Augur

Even if they don't directly provide feedback you should have access to telemetry that shows how they are progressing, are mechanics working as intended, etc. Which should still be valuable to the team.
  13. Ngreth Thergn Developer

How hard should I laugh at this... Our game... telemetry... Hah.
    We get nothing.
  14. Nennius Curmudgeon

I am scared.
  15. Odiiusx Elder

So stop using those guilds and only use the guilds that give feedback.
  16. Ngreth Thergn Developer

The request that brought this up in the first place is for people that are NOT the guilds we specifically invite. Those we specifically invite DO give us feedback (perhaps because we are sitting on them... but still, we get the feedback)
    So, I took the request as from the people who pre-order, come to beta and do raids, either as pick-up or as a guild we didn't invite but enough members got the pre-order to do a raid. I took that as The request was for those people to get beta tokens. BUT the majority of those people don't give us feedback. Some do. I'm not denying that. We do get some feedback. But... many don't.
    And if they are unwilling to do a few quests to get a token, they are more likely the people not giving feedback.
  17. That0neguy Augur

I'm sorry :( Has to be difficult to accomplish anything without having any data available.
  18. PL-Mined New Member

Give me a splunk server and a month, I'll get you some data.
    That0neguy and Metanis like this.
  19. Tiggold Augur

Miss out on this morning's Chaos Descending livestream? Watch the replay here!

Just wanted to point out that Chaos Descending has nothing to do with the Burning Lands and took offense that someone missed this.
  20. Zamiam Augur

doesnt feel good when the shoe is on the other foot .. giving feedback/communication is good ..