[agnarr] things to do solo as a necro

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by darkin, Nov 2, 2018.

1. darkin New Member

I'm full potime geared, have about half the augs I want at this point, don't really need xp. What are some fun things that a pretty strong necro can do on Agnarr solo? Like, any kind of challenging zones/bosses I can try to kill? Quests? Looking for some things to do when I'm bored!
    Magneress likes this.
  2. RandomStrategy Augur

Twitch a cleric.
    ForumBoss, jeskola and HoodenShuklak like this.
  3. Bewts Augur

Charm Death Knights in Crypt of Decay and try to clear some of the minis in the Caprin cycle?
  4. Hinastrom Elder

And so begins the maxed out players on the prison server becoming bored =P

We told you so.
  5. HoodenShuklak Augur

what exactly did you say and to whom? And do you have any further prognostications?
    andross77 likes this.
  6. HoodenShuklak Augur

Solo draco
  7. snailish Augur

Make a kill list, not like it will expand on Agnarr. Basically a self-made hunter achievement list, my brother and I did this for years as a necro/chanter duo.

So every raid/named boss solo classic up. Some the mechanics will block you (deathtouch?). AoC will let you access some you'd otherwise not be able to see.

You'll probably find there is a lot of Luclin and LoY you have not killed. Luclin because the expac is way wider than many realize, LoY because so many goofy little triggered events that most have never done (rewards aren't compelling enough).

Quest wise the usual long quests... shawl, ring, necro skullcap, you won't need them but could do all necro class quests out of Sol Ro, one of the Velious factions, there's a couple of longer quests out of PoK. There's Sleeper's tomb quests and the LDoN era Phylactery... you could do the crusader coffin quest or go for the Blued Hammer (iconic weapon from beta... not necro usable, and can be a brutal quest if you aren't buying the drops).

You could farm Veksar to death and flood the market with gear for young necros...
  8. Iyvy Augur

Kill hard stuff? Phinny, fae, Queen and king of chardok, old hate/fear bosses (?), WW dragons (?), velketor (?), drucella sathir, nadox, froglok illusion mask, trade skill earring
  9. Silver-Crow Augur

Go red.
    I'd imagine all those PVP folk are just waiting for Agnarr to turn into the new zek.
  10. jeskola pheerie

LoY Inny and LoY Captain Krasnok quest. You will need more to kill Krasnok but you can farm the trigger items solo.
  11. Ryak Augur

I'm torn about posting this because i don't want to sound overly negative.

About the only things to "do" in pop is Aid Grimel and farming 365 LDoNs which weren't necessarily super fun by their own merits, so much as they were things to do to progress your character for future expansions.

BiC was a blast to work on the solo/small group parts of, but...
  12. Sazzabi New Member

There are plenty of named and raid mobs that will give you a challenge. But only you will really know what you are capable of.
    So far on Agnarr I have soloed, as an SK
    King and Queen in Chardok
    Ixiblat Fer
    Zordakalicus Ragefire
    Mraaka
    Plane of Water, Fire and Earth named
    Phinny
    Woushi
    Harla Dar
    Lady Vox
    Kelorek Dar
    Currently on my to do list : Naggy, Zlandicar (if I can get them with non dual wielding versions) and Venril Sathir
  13. Communist Puppy Augur

Make an alt on another server that you can do something on while your necro is stuck on agnarr forever.
  14. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Soled by a Ranger before LDoN on phinny. SK confirmed second tier solo class. Other 2 soloed after LDoN before GoD. The other 2 wont don't duel wield even with multiple weapons btw.

Severilous was also conquered solo before GoD.
  15. Sazzabi New Member

Phinny had different abilities than we have on Agnarr currently. A lot of melee AA and abilities for SKs and Rangers were nerfed since then.

I have fought Naggy and Zland recently and they both were crushing and piercing, or biting and slashing. That is dual wielding.
    FluttyMan likes this.
  16. HoodenShuklak Augur

Naggy dual wielding is on another level compared to naggy not dual wielding. I mean this is basic science.
  17. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Maybe they dual wield IDK been a long time, i played with numbers only so i just would see 444 and miss. Just don't remember them successfully quading even on the occasions i killed them when they had multiple weapons

The changed the innate melee AA and disc duration being extended by AAs. Neither of which really would have matted for soloing those mobs as a Ranger. VS is the easiest raid mob to solo with proper gear. Naggy is super easy and Zlandicar was always a somewhat close in terms of mana, but i was doing them with self buffs only, so with long duration raid buffs he definitely would've been killable.

Terror
    Rhag 1
    Servitor or Luclin

Other "raid mobs" that are capable of being soloed
  18. RandomStrategy Augur

You get that tash orb action on Zlandicar alongside a willsapper, you'll probably be just fine.
  19. Xeris Augur

Did you use pots and so on? Have full buffs, when you soloed them? I'm starting to work on soloing these as well as an SK. I just got Vox down; last week did him with needing 2 heals, this week I finally got him down, but had to burn pots and discs.
  20. Xeris Augur

SK can't use the orb of tishan, no?