Luck

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tappin, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Yimin Augur

Please don't speak for me , I love fighting over camps !

YiMin
  2. Tappin Augur

Small guilds give up on raid content all time. Not enough players with proper AA an gear to succeed
    Cazmac and Yimin like this.
  3. Zerplow New Member

History tells us this. Boxers and groups of friends don't usually invite "outsiders" in today's content, why would adding luck change that?

Luck won't make raids or groups less trivial. Raids will be more frustrating since we've got to buy multiples of the same item instead of giving them to alts or boxes. Group camping will be more tedious because instead of camping one named for a single item or a few items and moving on, we've got to camp the same item over and over.

Raiders are still going to farm the same raids all year, this time around we don't get the benefit of giving loot to alts and boxes since the raiders will continue to bid on these items to combine into Luck. Talk about boring.
    Teylana, Tallie and NameAlreadyInUse like this.
  4. segap Augur

This is part of what makes doing the same thing over and over again tolerable. The chance to get stuff for alts.
    Cazmac, Teylana and Daedly like this.
  5. Zamiam Augur

lol
  6. Zamiam Augur

the definition of Insanity is gonna drive me lucky
    Cazmac likes this.
  7. Nostradamus New Member

So I take it, that is what the new item from the nobles vendor is about?
  8. Brohg Augur

yes, one Crystallized Luck is required to Fuse together matching Luck items for +1 Luck on the higher one
  9. Cicelee Augur

Here is the problem-

You join a DKP guild, which I would venture to guess 95% of the top 40 raid guilds are in some form and manner. You look and see that items right now go for 5 points. Each raid you attend you get 1 raid point. So you think to yourself, after one week I will have 9 points and can start getting items.

However, because you are new, you start at the bottom. Fine, no biggie. Until you see the top ten DKP members have over 2000 DKP each. And because they have so much to begin with, they can not only buy the Ring of Awesome first before you, but they can buy their second and third Ring of Awesome before you can get your first. Just so that they can max their luck on the item.

Raiders need incentives and beliefs that they are going to be able to gear up their characters through attending raids weekly. If a new person joins a DKP guild, attends every raid every week, but cannot win an item during the first 4-6 months because everyone that has more DKP than them and is using their DKP to get 2/3/4 of the exact same item just to max out luck... why would that new person want to raid?

I think it is going to be interesting to see how DKP builds handle this. I would think that the "right" answer would be to allow members to use their DKP to get the first Ring of Awesome, and then use their currency to buy their other rings on the raid vendor. However once the Ring of Awesome goes to alts, then you can use DKP to buy more Rings of Awesome on your main to max out luck.

I will say this about luck- do not expect to see your alt and box toons getting any TBL raid items in 2019, unless your guild does alt toon raids on the same content...
    Cazmac, Pirlo and Wulfhere like this.
  10. Yimin Augur

If only we still had 40 raid guilds that be awesome , its down to 20 that has finished ROS and only 25 did T1 ,but yes i agree with you will be harder now to recruit new raiders if they will never see items !

YiMin
    Cazmac and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  11. Risiko Augur

This is pretty much how SoDs were handled on the Coirnav server. Warriors were able to bid DKP on their first SoD, but they were not allowed to bid on a second SoD until all warriors had obtained their first.
    Cazmac likes this.
  12. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Yes, This.
    Also, lore will not go away. As an example, evolving items NEED the lore tag (in a lore group) to really work properly.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  13. fortuneteller Augur

However I do not like the thing about people able to get more than 1 lore itim to max a stat(luck).

It will ensure that people will get less items, and new persons in a guild will have to wait for long time, b4 able to get, as they got
    low dkp.

I think this might also ensure people camping the "easy" camps 24/7, just like it was in SEB for the bag.

IMO, the only solution is to remove the add up luck, give some items luck, and they cannot get their luck upgraded.

The concept for me is rather anti social, and might bring out the worst in people.

As I see it, it would be better to make the items with a static luck amount, or make a new slot, where people can put in an aug or whateever, and it will be unloked by you selling it in markedsplace instead, just like the ornaments. You could do it, by selling unlock for earring, unlock by ring, unlock ... all the none visible items.

This will ensure people are not anti-social by being egoistic.

I am afraid people will be like: Camp a mob, get item with 2 in luck, kill Again, get a 1, I destroy it, or I give to my alt, wait, kill, I now get a 3, then now I will destroy the 2, and loot the 3. All of this to minimize the amount of luck combiners
    Cazmac likes this.
  14. taliefer Augur

Is the Luck stat being confined to just the new expansion, or is it being retrod to existing items?
  15. fortuneteller Augur

F
    New expansions only
    taliefer likes this.
  16. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Here's a part that bothers me, if I understand how this works.

Let me create an example, although this will apply to all sorts of situations, here is one:

My guild of 54 raiders wins the raid Fight Fire 10 times. Each time (because the RNG just does it), the raid chest has the Belt of Awesomeness. Each time, 1 of the raiders is awarded (buys) the belt.

Now we win for the 11th time and the Belt of Awesomeness drops again. Normally, of the 54 in the raid, 44 would be vying for the belt, since 10 already have it. However, since everyone can now put two of the belts together to increase the Luck on the belt, there are 54 vying for the belt.

In effect, Luck has reduced the amount of loot available, not literally, but in the effect of gearing up the guild.

So, unless the amount of loot dropped in raid chests (and on group named as well) is increased, the net effect is more people chasing the same amount of loot.
    Cazmac, Yinla, Teylana and 1 other person like this.
  17. Horyuken Augur

You're correct as the way we all understand it now.

Now also include that luck helps all defensive stats, and the Warriors (since they are the only tanking class) would want to max their luck so they can survive would want 2-3 belts before anyone else gets one.
  18. Monkman Augur

I agree the best way to implement luck would have been to throw an innate luck number on a few of the BIS group/raid items and be done with it.
  19. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

[IMG]
    Robnie and Zerplow like this.
  20. enclee Augur

I'm really contemplating pre-ordering the expansion, but I don't like the uncertainty around the luck stat. It sounds like it's going to take significant time and tuning.

I think it's probably best to wait, until summer time to purchase.