So what is new in the upcoming expansion?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fian, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Fian Augur

I don't really want to watch the live stream. Anyone want to post the highlights that were covered in the livestream?
  2. Scorrpio Augur

PoP elemental planes rehash. Ride across PoAir 2.0 and PoFire 2.0 on a gigantic snail while wearing a huge garlic on your head.
  3. bazinga Elder

well, first off...PRE ORDER FAST...you get a lovely zen garden to put in your house /rollseyes....reallly its just more cut, paste stuff but what can you expect with the lack of resources they are giving the development team...i mean, they are trying but just dont have the manpower to do too much....1 key new thing is the +luck stat that will be put on items going forward....could be kinda need, but i see some names being locked down since you can combine 2 of the same items to increase luck up to a preset amount...that luck helps with crits, ts combines, etc
    eqgamer and GoneFission like this.
  4. Fian Augur

New levels? New AA? How many new zones and how many upgraded versions of new zones?

Thanks for the responses.
  5. Kolani Augur

Type 5s going to +60.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  6. Sancus Augur

I'm not sure why people are calling it copy/paste, at least in comparison to previous expansions that actually copied zones. It's reasonable to criticize its size, but that's a different issue.

There are six fully new static zones that take place on the Planes continent. The visuals are notably better than any expansion since TDS. There is also a tiny instanced zone that is new, and a copy of Plane of Fire that is instanced.

No level cap increase. New spells/AA, although the spells actually are (currently) copy/pasted. The luck stat is an interesting system, although I'm personally not a big fan.
  7. Aaliyahkenz Journeyman

Any balance between tanks and everyone else? Or tanks still gonna steamroll content :p
  8. Scorrpio Augur

Dunno. Maybe +luck on non-tank gear only, while tanks get -luck? :D
  9. Jontrann Augur

New luck stat has me triggered. WoW turned into an RNG based game and it seems like EQ is going in that direction as well.
    GoneFission likes this.
  10. Zamiam Augur

well I was all excited to pre-order , if the pre-order bonus had a kewl illusion or something but it does not so I will not be pre-ordering I may even wait till after the holidays ..

I want to shout out to the Devs for doing a great job and for all your hard work over this last year ..
    That said:

It would be nice if you had like an option for the pre-order bonus of like 3 or 4 different rewards that people can choose from .. So that people that say dont care about house items can say maybe get an rare Illusion, rare familiar, rare mount or something .. Cause some people like house items , some like Illusions and some like familiars or mounts .. you lost out on a sale atm with me .. I will buy the premium Edition for 1 of my accounts but i'll prolly wait till after the holidays to do it and the rest of my alt accounts I can and will prolly wait till next year when the expansions go on sale for half off..
    you guys really need to start adding 1 or 2 items to the base package if you want people to purchase it right away .. and not HOUSING items or Ornaments
  11. Vanrau Augur

2 new shared bank slots, new merc aa's as well.
    moogs and Andarriel like this.
  12. GoneFission Augur

$139 for the premium edition, wow!
  13. segap Augur

Some people only use houses for storage, can't stand mounts, and don't use illusions. And what's the point of statless familiars? It's all useless fluff. Only the portal clickies likely have universal value. And the guildhall one really only needs a couple people per guild to buy.
    Ibadan Kun'Tirel likes this.
  14. Benito EQ player since 2001.

EQ2's Pre-Order bonus is a Jann/Djinn/Efreeti illusion with major stat buff. EQ2's basic edition also includes a Level 110 Heroic Character. I kind of understand the need to keep up EQ2's pop but it would be nice if EQ1's package had more perks.
  15. Daedly Augur

They totally should give out a herioc character with preorders. I like it.
  16. segap Augur

They cold start with making the order page actually compelling. Could they really not come up with more to promote the expansion than two sentences and 5 "features" which includes collections? Collections are a "feature" to get excited about?

Couldn't they include some screen shots with blurbs about the lore and such. Try to sell the immersion of what they're offering? It's hard to be excited as a customer when there appears to be no excitement from the company asking us for $140.
    Barton likes this.
  17. MyFairLady New Member

so far the first start is disappointing. Copy/paste style of the RoS system. New zones with new designs but the tradeskill stuff is nearly 1:1 of RoS. Also prepare spending millions of plat into your gear. While this is cruel in RoS (I gave up to pay incredible sums for T2 gear or farm them - it was simply boring compared to EoK) you have to take a min. of 2Mill of plat only for the luck stat. Or you buy yourself throught the station cash or loyality vendor to cheat your way free like most do it now. The new world of microtransactions are the deal of the last years....

The next expansion seems to be again one for the big purse.
    I am happy that I have not bought this time like when RoS came out. If that expansion has no real incentive for group or casual content and the same "raid" "no life" "payment" mentality like RoS then EQ will not see me paying another year or another account. And I hoped so much for another EoK.

By the way 140$ for some cheater mount for a level 1 is another thing which is way beyond. But that is the trick. Everything which gives advantage and has been called cheating years ago is now official legally sold. A game for the big purse meanwhile...
  18. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

believe same price as last years one.

Andarriel
  19. Zamiam Augur

a snail illusion would of been nice also ..
  20. eqgamer Augur

Did you say same thing last year? :p