New Expansion = New TLP Bag Bundle?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by External, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Barton The Mischievous

Yes because annoyance is such a great experience. /s
  2. Barton The Mischievous

Nope sorry not every tabletop nor computer game some yes, maybe most, not every
  3. Rickate Augur

House of Thule is when the 10 slot cap is removed. Retro-actively TS Trophy Carry-All are made 12 slot and TS Component Bags are 24 slot. As compensation for coin being made weightless Vrald's Silken Sack (SoF quest) and Very Large Coin Purse (Yelinak) are made 12 slot, Braided Horsehair Handbag (GoD quest) and Frizznik's Endless Coin Purse (PoP quest but probably won't switch to bag reward until GoD) are made 14 slot.

On Progression servers without paying money you're probably going to need House of Thule to get much more inventory space since that's probably also when the Loyalty vendor appears. You do have a lot more bag space than Classic since I'm assuming you can click from bags, put bags in bags and have 10 base inventory slots when a Prog server launches.

Even if you go all out and have 108 slots instead of 100 slots in GoD it provides little tangible benefit, if you're doing some long play session and don't use any of the tactics like someone in the group camping to an alt or having another account to /buyer to clean up inventory without leaving the dungeon those 8 extra Ruby Crowns or similar is about an extra 1000pp.
    moogs likes this.
  4. Gremin Augur

Really? And yet you now stack items to 1000. Come on, lets be real. You want this game to keep going then you should be trying to get as much money from your customers as you can so you can use some of those funds for improvements and such to keep us around.
    moogs and Jontrann like this.
  5. Jontrann Augur

Right? If i see them ever close the game due to "lack of funds" i'm going to point back to this post as one of the dumb decisions they made that could of brought them more revenue.
  6. Machentoo Augur

While I agree that this is a dumb decision, I doubt lack of bags being sold on a few specialty servers in one of their lowest population and least profitable games will be what breaks the company.
  7. Machentoo Augur

You can buy big bags on the marketplace starting around OoW. If you have up your monthly DBC, you dont' need to pay money for them.
  8. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Our choice to allow some larger bags is a compromise of keeping the original experience of EverQuest, the desire for funds, and the acknowledgment that many people do want more inventory space. It's all a balancing act that will not satisfy everyone.

In this case we ere on the side of the original EverQuest experience.
    taliefer and Pirlo like this.
  9. Protagonist Tank

As several servers have "aged out" and the active populations moved on to newer/different prog servers, consider making the bag purchases once per server rather than once per account. You've already decided that once per server is acceptable to the experience in your books - but locking them to a specific server and not allowing a single purchase on the new one is unrelated to that decision.
    snailish likes this.
  10. That0neguy Augur

So can you claim the items in game now? or do you have to wait till the launch?
  11. Machentoo Augur

Who do you really think would be unhappy if you sold more 40 slot bags? Is there really some portion of the player base that is clamoring against such a thing? The classic only purists can just not buy them.
  12. Machentoo Augur

If you get a sympathetic GM, a petition will sometimes work to transfer purchased bags from an old server to a new server. Some of them won't do it, but some will. At least in the not too distant past.
  13. Protagonist Tank

My solution increases revenue, doesn't change balance decisions, and doesn't require on the caprice of who answers the petition.
  14. Machentoo Augur

My solution actually works, since yours was denied.
  15. Protagonist Tank

Had they previously denied that request? I missed that. Do you have a link handy?
  16. Machentoo Augur

Scroll up to Ngreth's post about seven posts up.
  17. HoodenShuklak Augur

How about letting the hold outs spend their daybreak coins for the old bags? I mean, the people that were going to buy them when they were new already bought em... but a lot of folks have a bunch of daybreak coins and nothing to buy. Halloween just popped up some "new" items... from last year.
  18. That0neguy Augur

There is 0 profit in that. They already recognized the revenue from you buying the coins, why would they allow you to buy something that would limit the potential revenue on another item?
  19. Protagonist Tank

That's a different scenario - Potentially new bags adding on to the existing one on a server, changing the experience. One bag is already allowed on any given server, though - so enabling that single bag to be purchased per server isn't a balance or experience change.
  20. HoodenShuklak Augur

Well, after you buy coins you spend them. Then you get more.

It's kind of like Walmart selling you a bag of potatoes. As you accurately point out, they're going to recognize that revenue. And then they take it a step further: they have such business acumen to realize they can sell even more potatoes to more people and get more profit.