Idea to help with mana for rangers

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Greymantle, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Fintank Augur

Except Druids have the mana bear. Don't get me wrong, I know it's garbage but right now I would kill for a little garbage mana critter.

Druids also only need mana back when they're DPSing, it's extremely hard to run out of mana when a Druid is straight healing. Which puts their importance for mana at the very most equal to ours.
  2. Moldar Augur

At this point, I would like to see a self-controlled/ self-activated mana regen ability akin to Poison Arrows/Enduring Frenzy

I would like to see an additional arrow spell line akin to poison/flaming/frost arrows that could be called something along the lines of "serpent/mana" arrows, I feel it would fit well with this archer/melee-esque type class they currently have us set up to be.

It would be fantastic if we could get it to be like the Poison/Flaming/Frost Arrows permanent duration and only consumes X resource when procced. Also have it consume Endurance, essentially it can be archery strikes only have a chance to proc spell and limit 4 hits per proc deal X damage and return Y% as mana (can be self, could be to the group if it makes it more appealing) - per proc cost Z Endurance

Or it could be like the beastlord's Enduring Frenzy AA - except call it along the lines of "Restoring Frenzy" where it places a debuff on the mob for 1 minute and provides a chance to return X mana while attacking with melee & archery/throwing attacks, cost Y Endurance to cast w/ a 5-8 minute recast time since it would probably be a low proc rate to compensate on time

Keep in mind we are not asking for something that is 100% self-suffient we are simply asking for something to help alleviate the mana penalty's we suffer for using adps abilities such as scarlet cheetah's fang so we can burn and not completely go through an entire 150,000+ mana pool in less than 2 minutes. (as far as I know - no other class in the game besides a beastlord and wizard can drop their mana that quickly, and even then they have tools to get mana back [w/ proper mana management]. Currently, the ranger class design is similar to those classes drop tons of mana to do damage BUT no ability to help recover that mana like the above-mentioned classes)

At this point anything is better than nothing, we need something to help compensate for the fact we are the only hybrid class in the game that is still 100% reliant upon external class abilities for mana "meaningful" mana returns.
  3. Thraine Augur

I can run OOM in like 2-3 mins at full burn .. Druids do not suffer from this as much as you may think. or its possible you dont know about the druids mana regaining capabilities.
  4. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

I have an idea, lets convert the called shots and focused arrow line of spells to Disc abilities with the same timers , but instead they could use endurance. They are melee physical damage that could have been discs instead of spells. Also, for Dichotomic spells, lets split the cost of the arrow damage to endurance, and the Elemental damage to mana, at a much reduced mana cost.

Or give rangers an aa, that lets us burn through endurance , to reduce our mana cost in half .

But most of all , reduce the minimum bow damage range in half. We have to back up way to far to shoot at raid mobs. who are engaged with tank.

Thanks,
    Kurage
  5. smash Augur

Personally imo, the spells/discs cost mana/endurance as they should, there should not be any changes to that

So what to do?

Well, classes are now level 110, been using mana since level 1, more or less. So maybe time for hybrids to specialize in spell.
    So hybrids could could get 25 max in all 5, except for 1, where they could get 135. When level goes up, they get 1 raise per level.
    Remember the aug with specialize as well.

This would give a nice mana reduction when casting spells.
  6. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

This was particularly anoying with Dragon hit boxes this year. Only rogues have worse posistioning annoyances in this game as Rangers have.

You cannot see your target!
  7. Kamzak Journeyman

I agree with range component of bowing. Why cant i shot an arrow point blank, and it should do extra damage for being so close. Fine give us a - penalty to dodge or something, technically if i'm aiming an arrow, i wouldnt be able to dodge well anyway.

Regarding arrow spells on mana versus / endurance. Its a moot point, even if you move our arrow spells to endurance, we would still constantly run OOM, so not sure the point.

But we do need a mana regen. Make it a self buff, stacks with everything, or an AA like focused paragon or harvest "do to a rangers natural attunement to the wild, gather remnants of mana from the forest to heal your mind" etc etc blah blah
  8. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

Enable rangers to buy an AA that converts endurance to mana , or cuts spell cast cost in half at twice the endurance cost. It wouldn't be an endless supply of mana, but would help with the extremely high mana cost of DPS'ing.
    Moldar likes this.
  9. Raptour_MT Elder

Removing the 100% increased mana cost from Scarlet Cheetah Fang would be a step in the right direction, or, make all twincast abilities increase the cost of all spells by 100% for all classes, if Ranger's must suffer, then the other classes should suffer the same, fair is fair.
  10. Fintank Augur

Honestly just need them to get Gift of Mana to function correctly whilst Scarlet is running and we'll be all set, increased mana cost should stay on ours only to keep things somewhat fair.
  11. Moldar Augur

The main problem with mana revolves around Scarlet Cheetah's Fang and group make up at the time. If you have a proper group it isn't too terrible with some lucky Gift of Mana Procs and some degree of mana management. Otherwise using Cheetah is simply a 1-way ticket to medding the next 2-3 mins suddenly after a fight.

Simply put we need an ability to reduce the cost of or help recover from Cheetah.