SK TBL wishlists

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by sojero, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Allayna Augur

SK rez - Uses a holy emerald from sacrificing a paladin.
  2. Allayna Augur

SK's don't require outside healing while killing 10+ mobs in ST.
    You do know about AE lifetap right?
  3. sojero One hit wonder

I approve, but only if the paladin has to use act of valor to create it.
  4. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Still want Act of Jihad, turning us into a final fantasy style bomb mob. When we get hit a few times we puff up, until finally we boom everyone around us, including other players, before dying and leaving an unrezzable corpse.
  5. sojero One hit wonder

I am not saying it is or is not possible, but I need a good laugh, you tube it like drogba or g.t.f.o :cool:

Oh and do it on your war and paladin too!
  6. Daedly Augur

-innate chance to HT live mobs
    -reduce the endurance drain of reavers bargain since leech touched was nerfed.
    -innate chance when entering HP below 0, rather than falling to the ground, the SK turns into a large red skeleton, healed to 5% HP and is given 6 second debuff with 50 curse counters that will DT the SK if not cured.
    -Some type of ability that will allow the SK to lifetap based off of mobs taking damage from the SK's damage shields.
    -An AA buff that lowers the global cool down of dot spells for 30seconds or so.
  7. Dreadmore Augur

I don't know why, but all these self-destruct suggestions don't interest me. Maybe because of their limited use, or maybe because sacrificing oneself doesn't fit the SHD class. Or maybe they seem too powerful as suggested currently. If it were to be anything like HT is currently, imagine HTing everything nearby for 5 million damage each. That's asking a bit much in my opinion.

Pet stuff really interests me because that's a totally new facet to the class. It would have to be something limited and sensible though, as I'm sure DBG just doesn't have the resources to completely rebalance everything around SHDs having a feasible pet. Maybe it is something that doesn't belong to the class, sure, but things like "do this thing we already do but a little bit better than before" are, like I said earlier, expected with each expansion anyway and are, quite frankly, not so interesting.

Summon immunity would be cool, but I am sure someone out there somewhere will find a way to exploit it for something. I do miss Hate's Attraction flinging mobs toward me though--instead of SHDs getting summoned, SHDs do the summoning. Don't bards have something that cause all nearby attackable NPCs to be flung toward them? Something like that seems to fit SHDs, with their AE-centric gameplay.

Out of curiosity, why don't you use this? I love it for procs of Cascading Theft of Defense. But then again, I am really too lazy to focus and optimize, so I indiscriminately throw almost everything I have at every enemy all of the time. But I find even playing inefficiently like that is more than enough to dominate group content.
  8. Drogba Augur

I figured they were all joking. Who would want dev time wasted on something silly like that. (Power level sellers / farmers maybe)
    Dreadmore likes this.
  9. Brohg Augur

Cascading Theft of Defense protects against 40k damage, 16% of the time you cast a Terror. 16% is roughly 1 in 6 casts - averaged across your Terror casts that's 6400 protected per cast. Meanwhile, any old lifetap is going to heal many times that, base, and possibly crit or double crit into the 100s of 1000s. And deal damage at the same time.
    Dreadmore likes this.
  10. Dreadmore Augur

While it's true that one is better than the other, as the Old El Paso tacos commercial suggests, why have one when you can have both? :cool:
  11. Zurril Elder

I agree with dreadmore on this one, I think SK is too selfish for a self sacrifice sort of ability. I can see Pally's Act of Valor being upgraded to something like this. At the end of 12 seconds, everyone is healed sort of thing.
  12. Brohg Augur

if you've figured out how to cast two spells at once, 12/16 classes sure would love to hear about it
  13. Aurmoon Augur

So I offered this one up partially in jest because it was fun to think about, but I don’t look at his as a self-sacrifice ability. I look at this as a “never surrender, go down swinging” type ability. The Shadowknight refuses to accept defeat, focuses all their attention on the SK, and the SK blows them all up with a big nuke before they can kill the SK.
    Dreadmore likes this.
  14. Dreadmore Augur

I haven't, but there's plenty of time while all those lifetaps are on cooldown, and I'm not using it reactively, but rather just mashing it opportunistically when there are no other priorities. The group game is hardly difficult enough that the few seconds it takes to cast Terror and recover from the global cool down will cost the win.

Are there better things to cast than Terror? Very probably... but it's why I ask of course
  15. Dreadmore Augur

I don't know, that doesn't sound very SHD-y to me either.

You know what does sound SHD-y? Placing a curse on the NPC that kills you. Vengeance and hate and all. Probably useless when you're solo, but if you're your group's tank and you go down, maybe this "curse" means the rest of the group doesn't have to go down too.

Kind of off-topic, but on the Paladin side, an equivalent would be like a HOT placed on the group if the Paladin goes down.

I mean, maybe not feasible, but it sure is a fun idea.
  16. Brohg Augur

Touches don't share cool down. Only T'Vem/Luzten so far benefit from Focus AAs, but between them if you make your way all through Bond & Spear & Dire & Dicho & Bite & keep yourself buffed with Skin-Suffering-Hemofax-Honor, *&* for some reason you can't use Insidious Denial, then Falsin is still available.

Terrors are great for their thing (being instant and dealing no damage), but CToD is just a nice bene, not a reason to cast them.
    Dreadmore likes this.
  17. Dreadmore Augur

You wouldn't use both Insidious Denial and Falsin? I remember experimenting and also ended up using Denial and not Falsin, but I forgot exactly why I decided on that...

My reason for using Terrors is so that I don't have to worry about losing agro ever, but I have not actually experimented with a line-up without Terror and seeing if that still commands agro. I do fit in everything you mentioned above except for Falsin and still have space for Terrors, so maybe Falsin is the better choice. To be honest I have not played in months, so when I get back to the game, I'll experiment some more with Falsin.
  18. Brohg Augur

Falsin's just not needed if Insidious is in play. Its short cooldown is super in that way
  19. Drogba Augur

There's occasionally time to cast Falsin even if insidious is being regularly cast.

And even if that weren't the case, there's also a number of situations where you might load both to use one or the other. e.g. you're the tank on the raid boss and only occasionally there are adds in range for insidious to hit.
  20. Flatchy Court Jester

Yeah I dont understand, They changed Hates attraction long ago to not work on any mob over dark blue. So I quit using it. If they have changed it back to working on yellow and white cons, which we are fighitng 90% of the time, then great thanks for pointing that out to me.

You need to take something for that jealousy thing you got going.
    Xeladom and Daedly like this.