Gonna be restarting wanna be able to solo!

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Slog, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Slog New Member

I could really use some help, im a returning player and want to get into eq again!

ideally would only like to play 1 toon for what i wanna do which is able to
    1.Solo group-able content
    2. Be wanted for guilds / Raiding. (Would love to hear some classes that would more then likely make it easy for me to get straighti nto a guild / raid.
    3. Be wanted for groups.
    4. skill cap on a class doesn't bother me.

would love to hear what some people think would work for what i want
  2. moogs Augur

Shadow Knight?
  3. Deathstroke Journeyman

Shadow Knight my man
  4. kharmelion Journeyman

5. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

SK is the awesome class and I highly recommend it. But, as a raiding SK, I can tell you that it is very difficult to find a guild that will take you because there are so many SKs already. Just a head's up. Also, if you want to raid as an SK (or any tank), you will need to work. It is far easier to master a DPS class. :D

If your priority is to get into a raiding guild quickly, I would check out the Guild Recruitment forum and see what the guilds are recruiting. From a quick glance, not a lot of tanks are in demand:

6. Dilquan Augur

You first should want to be able to log in.
  7. Parkers Journeyman

After you can log in, then decide what type of character you like to play and if you are going to be All Access. Then go from there.
  8. Slog New Member

Well Sk does seem awesome i think mine is 105 with 26k aa's (had the problem of geting into a guild with him as u stated there are so many(but that was in the past).. but how are the necro's / mags / BL at soloing?

and i guess i am kinda curious how are the sks doing soloing atm? are they pretty decent currently? been awhile since ive played
  9. Itzkul New Member

I can solo really well with my shaman and I have never had problems joining a guild or finding a group.
    moogs likes this.
  10. FJ_EQ New Member

Everyone says SK. I say buck the trend (I don't know, probably rolling an SK too)!
  11. Conq Augur

Beastlord. So rare.
    BTW, we're recruiting quality Beastlords who want to raid Mon/Tue/Wed on Tunare...
    Conq
    moogs likes this.
  12. Aurmoon Augur

SK is a great class but be prepared to put in a LOT of work in order to be viable at soloing or be wanted for groups. Same is true of the other two tank classes. Unlike DPS classes or healers, as a tank every little bit counts, so you’d really need to go back and do a ton of legwork before you’d be desired by raiding guilds. I’m talking about things like:

1) Dragons of Norrath progression
    2) Epic 2.0 (definitely as an SK)
    3) Tears of Alaris (this could keep you busy for months)
    4) Full complement of augments, both type 5 and type 7/8
    5) Trophy’s for tribute (loads of additional AC available from tribute)
    6) Artisan’s Prize (not required by any stretch, but this is most impactful for tanks)
    7) Stone of Judgment (PoWar augment — can do LDON Icy Prism of Avoidance as a backup)
    8) Gem of Enhanced Protection (LDON 30ac type-5 for use in shield)
    9) Hero AAs starting at CoTF expansion (in total, grants 500ac/atk as well as 50 endurance regen and some other nice things)

While these aren’t required, it creates a monumental gap between new tanks and current day tanks. As a result, I would definitely suggest you go with a Mage or a Beastlords, which does not pose the same intense requirements in order to close the gap between you and current day players.
    a_librarian and moogs like this.
  13. Slog New Member

Conq, Yeah ill be palying on FV sadly , its where all my toons are / old friends or id love to join u all.(if i choose beastlord)

Aurmoon, Wow That list is incredible , i do have some of that done allready on my sk, im not starting from lvl 1 i do have the beastlord / necro / SK all at 105, id have to get the xpan's and Lvl up. Sk is the furthest of my classes (21k aas) but i do recall having a rough time geting into guilds as there are a surplus of sk's.

Now i guess id love to hear How well beastlords and or Necros are doing Solo wise. I like to Solo namer and wondering how well there pet will hold up with a high em item. So i guess anyone out there who solos alot(with a merc) are you able to do all of the current namer as a bl or necro?

I hear everyone keep saying sk but does the Lack of dps make soloing namer harder compared to a pet class. i do know sks can do decent dmg but, its been ages for me. and i dont mind puting in a ton of effort toward a class in fact that is my plan currently.

I Must be able to Molo Group content so wanna make sure i make the right choice this time around.
  14. moogs Augur

Beastlord is a great pick too. Not as tanky, obviously, but definitely fun.
  15. IblisTheMage Augur

Game has hardened a little bit, so moloing newest expac nameds is not a given.

FD will definitely help a lot, so your 3 choices with FD are probably all good, I would guess that BL would be the one most in demand in groups or guilds.

Mages are strong solo and easier to gear up than SK/BL, but you have the issue of not being versatile, and if you push the envelope, you will die more, and recovering = running a lot. I would not attempt to molo nameds in RoS: I might be able to take them, but getting to the named and getting it singled out does not seem viable for a solo mage (raid/group geared).