Locked Servers

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Candleslight, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Candleslight New Member

ok i can get past the log in issue now, but its telling me all the servers are locked.. Anyone know when they will be unlocked or what is going on with that? anyone in the game or no?
    Very confused on this
  2. Lolth New Member

I guess they are trying to fix what they broke with the patch
  3. Ghostinthemachine Elder

Game was up but since Daybreak has no clue how to run a login server here we are....again
    Barton likes this.
  4. Rekizhavek New Member

Finally got the login servers working.....how about bringing up those freshly maintained servers now!!
  5. Nennius Curmudgeon

This just in (EQ server IT folks are talking:

[IMG]
  6. Stageguy Lorekeeper

"Ok, everyone come out and play.... waaait.... Lockdown! Back in your cells"
  7. Kursis Paracelsus Journeyman

The undead hamsters have broken free... run run run for your lives.
    [IMG]
    Tactical Possum and hawknbawlz like this.
  8. Corinthus New Member

It's a halloween event DBG is running. You have to find the key to the server to unlock it.
  9. Kursis Paracelsus Journeyman

oh wait... these are Daybreak undead hamsters... just walk briskly
  10. Nicodaemus New Member

Too funny, I actually have this exact comic on the wall in my office :p
  11. Exaaver Lorekeeper

It says a problem logging in... we are all logged in now, they are just locked... so what is the REAL issue? how can this game generate revenue when things like this are commonplace?
  12. Rekizhavek New Member

miffed by your own game that YOU developed LOL
  13. Roxxlyy Augur

The servers were locked so that we could fix today's issues; generally, even if login servers come back up, if we've let players know things are down you shouldn't expect the game to be back up and running before we give an "all clear." In this case, we've still been working to resolve problems.

We're looking to get things back up shortly, and will be closely monitoring stability once that happens.
  14. Databyter New Member

I think they should just do full day or multi-day patches tho to save us from believing estimates each time. It is like Lucy pulling the ball when Charlie Brown tries for the kick, we believe it every time. The truth is that it is not economically feasable for a large A team of IT professionals to drop kick these patches. It's probably just a few guys, and they are probably just out of adolescence, and definitely in OT and tired by now. That's why I say, they should just make patches a minimum of a full day, if not several days, so we can change plans, not get hot or irritated. The problem is not the time, it is thinking that it almost IS time. I can go weeks, just don't make me go weeks in front of the computer checking every hour.
    kharmelion likes this.
  15. Izenic New Member

I suggested earlier in another post maybe have in opt in SMS that will notify players when servers are back up so we don't have to seek out the information constantly. This would also be a benefit for the company also I would think..
    kharmelion and Databyter like this.
  16. chspunk New Member

can be done through twitter im pretty sure
  17. Moak The Most High

this is going on 13 hours....
  18. Roxxlyy Augur

Servers are coming back up now - please let us know if you continue to experience login issues. As I mentioned previously, we'll be monitoring stability closely to ensure that things are looking good.
    Izenic likes this.
  19. Qbert Gallifreyan

Servers all say up . . . but unknown errors occur when trying to play/access one. Further, and it boots to the login screen, which still doesn't work quite right. I'll give it a few minutes, but it sure seems the same as earlier.

p.s. It appears some additional files/updates were added to the patcher process, but it still doesn't seem to work after re-patching.
  20. Whipper Journeyman

Cannot login still.