login

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bezak, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Aegir Augur

Some? Try 3/4 of your paying costumers!
    Fishlips_Jones likes this.
  2. FJ_EQ New Member

Thanks Roxxlyy! :)
  3. Whateveryousay New Member

4. Claudi Elder

in my opninion its an easy to solve time-out problem
  5. Zinth Augur

more like 95%
  6. smash Augur

I am sure they would like your solution....

Except that if it cannot establish the connection to the server, it does not help by extending the time b4 time out.
  7. Coagagin Guild house cat

Dare we suggest upgrading to the standard support package for the login server? Basic service doesn't seem to be providing enough bandwidth to support the app.

3/3 accounts logged in but took over an hour on the third.

- Coag
  8. TheQUestion_iS New Member

9. Fishlips_Jones Journeyman

You can set the atomic clock to this event.
  10. Garcielle Journeyman

Is this the new cover for patch problems?
  11. blogget New Member

getting REAL tired of this issue, how about instead of tweaking aa's y'all actually fix the big issue
    Fishlips_Jones likes this.
  12. Thraxin Goodbrew New Member

Actually this is sort of par for the course with other DBG games I play like Planetside 2. I suspect their games are running on old "hand me down" hardware, both login and game servers alike.

would be curious to see the specs for their login/game servers.
  13. Ganda New Member

THIS IS FRIGGING RIDICULOUS......Just saying
  14. Frael Elder

Some of your people really aren't very good at their jobs.
  15. Barton The Mischievous

Again , we are experiencing them again , and again Fix /Upgrade/Buy New Make it work we are tired of this
  16. Claudi Elder

since a lot of people can log in - yes it can by simply have a decent queque log in and time outs - we have 2018 after all and all these problems have been solved by dozen of games since 2000
  17. Eriadoc Elder

You know, there's something to be said for the phrase, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." Things run along just fine until y'all decide to implement fixes. In reality, you just break stuff. If you can't implement fixes reliably, don't. This is what testing and staging environments are for, not to mention change control, roll back plans, contingencies, incremental updates, etc.
    Metanis likes this.
  18. Eriadoc Elder

Full disclosure - I didn't even try to log in. I waited an hour and a half after the supposed end time for maintenance to even roll in here and look because I knew y'all would fk it up (you know, pattern recognition and all).
    Metanis and Barton like this.
  19. Gumlakx Augur

My guildmate managed to log into Tunare. There are 7 other players on the server. "Some" players having trouble logging in means virtually the entire player base.
    Claan likes this.
  20. Thraxin Goodbrew New Member

We've seriously regressed to the early years of EQ where you could expect to have multiple issues after patch, extreme issues logging in, MANY short notice hotfixes afterwards... end result was you could expect to not get any play time for at least a day or 2... All things other companies who run MMO's have mostly learned from and addressed EQ is still plagued with here in 2018.

At least back then it was multiple issues caused by pushing forward into relatively unknown gaming territory... Now this SHOULD be old hat and EASILY accomplished.