Another botched AA consolidation incoming (Bite of Tashani)

Discussion in 'Casters' started by mmats, Oct 23, 2018.

1. mmats Augur

Tomorrow is patch day and there is a 99% probability that Bite of Tashani will be given a 2 second cast time. I am giving the benefit of the doubt to developers in assuming this was unintentional, since the main draw of this AA was the instant cast time, and the fact that mages recently had Wind of Malaise consolidated/upgraded yet kept the instant cast time.

So go vote if your jimmies rustle at the thought of waiting up to 2 more seconds for adds to get locked down.

https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQ-2199

P.S. shout out to necros who will also be getting the shaft with their resist debuff consolidation
    Skewert likes this.
  2. segap Augur

You'd think after the experience of having to patch the Malo consolidation to account for resist values, they'd learn that doing these consolidations requires looking at the differences between the deprecated AA and the not updated for eons spells that are getting linked in place of.
    Felicite and mmats like this.
  3. Verily Tjark Augur

Dumb

I still miss cripple... also does anyone use helix slows ever?

#make cripple
  4. mmats Augur

Havent memmed it in a long time, although we wont have to anymore after this patch.
    Jordis likes this.
  5. Bigstomp Augur

The TDS tank belt with cripple was amazing. I know a shammy with an audio trigger for cripple who had to delete it because I proc'd it something like 1400 times in a single event (it was pretty nuts how often it proc'd)
  6. Sam Hyde "You're" on ignore

I have a SK who is very happy still using the HH Sebilis defense belt. Cripple often lands on everything before anyone else lands any other AEs.

I assume almost no one has this belt because it felt like i was the only one camping it both years.
  7. Duhbeast Augur

There is a cripple belt from Gorowyn as well if you want to get an upgrade Sam. Off topic I know, but most likely why it might have been camped this last HH Sebilis.
  8. Maedhros High King

Cripple belt also drops on the Talendor raid. The proc rate is far better than tendon slice. I run around with a lot of shaman in the group game and love the cripple belt with incapacity.
  9. Magickon Augur

Hey, necros got it also. Check out the bright idea someone had concerning scent of terris. They just can't leave well enough alone with these resist aa's...
    mmats likes this.
  10. Thunderkiks Augur

I have the cripple belt on my bard. She is usually singing and gets hit on incoming.

Also when I'm soloing or moloing I swap 3 belts, cripple, slow, and then back to my dps belt.
    Maedhros likes this.
  11. Evertrek Augur

AA system is out-of-control. best idea would be to drop the AA system, take the best of the current AAs, and just add a achievement system. achievements would be like any other MMO but the AA abilities would be added to the account when acquired.
  12. mmats Augur

Confirmed the change hit Live. This needs to be corrected as this new Bite of Tashani is overall worse than the old one.
  13. Sam Hyde "You're" on ignore

I hang out in Sebilis so much because I have no EoK and beyond.
    (I refuse to play the same continents over and over just because the devs are lazy. Kunark was absolutely garbage to me. I had no fun times at all in that era, only suffering and strife. Looks like my characters will be staying 105 forever because I can't abide playing through the planes again either- its looking as if the next 4 expansions, minimum, will simply be elemental planes all over again. No. I question the sanity of anyone purchasing these and doing the content, gearing up and all, just to throw it all away and do it again in 8-12 months. Play some new classes. Finish some old achieves.)

Well, back to the topic: My chanter's helix spell which replaced dreary deeds has no debuff icon. I can't even tell if it's landing. Checked and reloaded UI. No icon.
  14. Sam Hyde "You're" on ignore

Ok that's just silly. I guarantee all that swapping doesn't make a difference of even 1%.

But I am sure it feels like you are accomplishing something.
  15. eqgamer Augur

Not silly at all, really. She’s getting the most out of her play. She also happens to be one of eqs exceptional players. Coincendece?! :)
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  16. segap Augur

I'm getting a debuff icon. It was fully resisted 8/10 times on a level 105 combat dummy though.
  17. Ghubuk Augur

It wasn't one that you had to remax the aa was it?
  18. Ismel Augur

Be sure you have the right spell scribed for the aa as each level of the aa only work for 1 spell pr level, not refunding the aa means some get a level of the aa that they dont have the spell for.

Dont like the added casting time on bite of tash at all
  19. Jordis Augur

Remember when theynerfed it after telling us that they were changing it to "encourage" us to use it? I checked the updated version a few minutes ago. Very short range, 2 minute refresh...which may be 30 seconds shorter, there's been no reason to use what became a useless aa.
  20. Jordis Augur

Order of Tashan, Rk. III,
    Definitely a 2-second delay, but it is working, why it looks like it's not is that the range is very low. You have to be practically standing on top of the mob to get it to land. I have Order of Tashan, Rk. III, 107...but it's based on the 102 Decree of Tishan, which I have Rk. III of. For that spell, the range is 200 (I have extended 270) which certainly isn't the range that I'm getting with this AA. On TOP of that, I just noticed that it's costing 25 AA. Noticeable, since I've been maxed AA for months and was buying fireworks until they consolidated dmg glyphs and made them cost so much that you can blow through 300 AA in a single raid. I used the AA last Monday on Silverwing and it had the range that the spells (both levels) do. I will be using your issue tracker.

I can deal with the 2-second delay, but the decrease in range with the added insult of charging more AA is beyond belief.