Any details on new TLP?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Skrem, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Skrem Journeyman

Only have cell phone with me and I'm killing time trying to find any information. My search results are not showing me much.. so is there any news on a fresh TLP server besides rumors?
  2. Accipiter Old Timer

Nope, just rumors.
  3. Aegir Augur

People are just expecting it, since there's been a new TLP/Event server launched every year since Ragefire in 2015.
  4. taliefer Augur

its just player driven rumor at this point, but it makes alot much sense.

it will be the 20th anniversary of everquest. how could they NOT do a new server? i started on coirnav with the full expectation of a new server sometime around march 2019.

but there has been no official word, and i wouldnt really expect them to say anything anytime soon. assuming we arent all wrong in the first place
  5. Jontrann Augur

Quite a few ppl i know irl are waiting for a new tlp to drop. I already have my bag and sub money ready lol.
  6. Risiko Augur

DBG has not said there is another TLP server coming in the future. For some reason, some people seem to think if they talk about it enough on the forums it will magically come true.
    Barton and Nolrog like this.
  7. Jontrann Augur

And you're pretty ignorant to think there wont be.
    Rotlust likes this.
  8. Master Kahleem Augur

It's called showing demand.

We want another TLP because Coirnav is not satisfying the TLP community.
  9. Machentoo Augur

In fairness, talking about it enough on the forums has worked just fine the last five times. There is little doubt that both Fippy/Vulak and Ragefire came about directly as a result of lots of pushing on the forums. Same deal with Phinigel, Agnarr and Coirnav. Each of those was precipitated by weekly threads asking for them.
    snailish likes this.
  10. Risiko Augur

One big difference with those and this one... there's a handful of people requesting a new TLP server this time around. It's the same people over and over on the forums. It's going to be a great server with 5 to 10 people on it if the forums are any indication of the demand.
  11. Machentoo Augur

Maybe you've missed all the threads asking for a FV loot rules TLP. Or a faster xp TLP. Or a non truebox TLP. Quite a few more than 5 to 10 people posting.
  12. a_librarian Augur

I don't get the appeal of FV/Brekt loot rules really. Seems like it would regularly incite insane raiding guild drama, like way worse than the usual drama since every single item looted has a dollar value attached to it and can be sold without doing a full account transfer.
  13. Jontrann Augur

Hes the biggest Coirnav shill on the forums and you will see him crying when his server dies out when the next tlp launches.
  14. Aziuno Augur

Phinny is still running strong, log Skrem that bad a$$ beast lord back in and get back in the game brother!

BSTS are still in demand in many guilds.
  15. Nolrog Augur

There have been no rumors. There is just speculation and various player suggestions on what they would like to see.
    Risiko likes this.
  16. Febb Augur

I would rather them make an event server than another progression server and work on making the current progression servers more attractive to play on.
    Barton likes this.
  17. Machentoo Augur

There never is more than speculation, until one is announced.
  18. snailish Augur

Drama in free trade loot would be much less with AoC & picks. It trends towards bleeding edge and always sellable twink gear. But, as eras open up, there is a huge range of gear between those two points that make play easier/fun for more people (i.e., the slow leveling curve alt-holic that wants good gear). It is a turn off to many though.

If it was up to me I would do Phinny 3.0 with more XP, later start (Velious) and x2 servers... one with free trade one without.
  19. Trevalon Augur

I dont care about any special rules in so long as it has fast EXP rate (Agnarr or faster). Without that Its a no go from me and all my friends.

Phinigel IMO is the best model they have done with 3/2 month unlocks, stick with that, just do fast EXP rate. FV rules I dont care, though I lean to no, but It doesnt matter that much. FV rules, to me, would just invite more krono farmers and would be a nightmare for guilds to manage. Just wait till your people start selling their Vulak loot for Krono, god, what a nightmare to have to kick people and replace them as they win items and then sell them for tons of krono.
  20. Trevalon Augur

increase Coirnav EXP rate and its population would skyrocket.