Best Server for Free To Play New Players

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by TimeIzMonies, Oct 18, 2018.

1. TimeIzMonies New Member

Hello all,

I am a new player to Everquest and am looking for recommendations on the best free to play server for new players or what the highest population server.
  2. moogs Augur

Welcome.

Most of the standard rule set servers have a similar population level during peak hours, Trakanon being the glaring exception (it's empty). The player base is very mature and you will be able to find guidance and a helpful family guild on any server as long as your attitude is where it needs to be. I can only speak for the two servers that I know best; Luclin and Bristlebane. There's the occasional knucklehead but for the most part both are full of excellent people.
  3. So Happy Augur

Test is by far the best server for free to play. Unless you someday plan on paying, Test offers free all access and Vet rewards, plus its more up to date on expansions for free players. The population is low but the community is helpful. Many people give away gear and you will be welcomed. The real downside is you cannot move characters from test to live but if you are planning on being FTP forever there is no reason to move. If you make a character on test you can also /testbuff to level 25 with a couple bags, gear and spells. The gear is old stuff so i would finish the tutorial and then do the buff.
    Drogba likes this.
  4. TimeIzMonies New Member

I created a character some time ago on Bertoxxulous - Sarym. Is this a good server to stay on? Currently where am I there weren't any players and there was no tutorial which would have been very helpful to me.
  5. moogs Augur

If you're below about level 11 or so, on the character select screen you'll be able to click the 'Enter Tutorial' button. You should find some people in the tutorial zone pretty much around the clock. Most of us would recommend that new and returning players create a new character just to go through the tutorial. After the tutorial, you'll probably find more people in the starter zone (Crescent Reach) and then more people in Blightfire Moors. You can always go back to your other character after that.

Bertoxxulous - Saryn should be a decent server. People don't complain about it being unstable and crashing and I don't recall anyone complaining on the forums about in-game drama on that server. Take your time in the tutorial, see if you can manage to group up with one or two people, and see where you end up.
  6. bigpapa Augur

some links that can help you as well :

can google --->>> everquest / fanra / almarsguides / allakhazam / eqresource /eqinterface /eqmagetower / raidloot.com / eqtraders / everquest info , ect
  7. IblisTheMage Augur

For 100% F2P, the Test server is your best option.
  8. mattie diesel Journeyman

Bristlebane, Fv, Cazic, Bertoxxx
  9. Cyri Journeyman

Just pay. Is it REALLY too much to support a beloved game, one that has lasted all of these years? I could beg on the corner for fifteen dollars, and would get it in ten minutes. SUPPORT the game.
  10. So Happy Augur

I paid for a number of years and still pay in some ways (expansions, Heroes forge, marketplace items) but changes/Dev decisions made me stop subscribing. Old zone/HA xp nerfs, no TBM for silver/ftp and class nerfs, were the biggest reasons. I would be open again to paying on at least 3 accounts, if changes to the game brought back the enjoyment I once found in EQ. The only reason I still play is because EQ is still the best game going. If it weren't for test server I don't think I'd bother to even log in.