Best classes to start with

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by FJ_EQ, Oct 20, 2018.

1. FJ_EQ New Member

I'm wondering if there are any classes that one should start with, especially if considering a new start with a Heroic Character? Is there anything that's much harder to have fun with, or is everything pretty much good?

Also, on Live servers are there any recommendations for North America that has people that would actually group-up versus solo on their own?

Any tips would be welcome about how to go about moving from 85 - 110 without huge roadblocks.

Thanks all!
  2. Zephiron Elder

Mage is a very forgiving class that allows you a tank, dps and a healer merc. You are your own group.
  3. Junck Journeyman

Heroic characters can be tough to get started on unless you research and spend time setting up AA's, spells, etc. For some classes, there are very good guides, others not. Did you play the game previously? Do you have a preferred class style, melee, caster, tank, healer, etc.? All classes have strengths and weaknesses, the trick is to find a class that you enjoy the good and can live with the bad. Usually it's a trade off between how fast you want to kill stuff. Getting from 85-110 with a single toon and a merc will be slow and will involve killing lots of easy mobs, not overextending yourself on too high level content. Boxing even a second toon and merc makes things much better, but of course grouping with real people is best.

On Live servers, most people are playing the top end of the game or raiding (or PL'ing alts to 110). Try browsing through the Guild Recruitment forums and see if any guilds sound like what you are looking for.

If you respond to some of the above, others might have more advice.
  4. moogs Augur

The 3 pet classes (magician, beastlord, necromancer) are newbie-friendly. So is the druid.
    Nifty Slacker likes this.
  5. mattie diesel Journeyman

shamans, druids, sk's, and pally's are fun to first experience the early game. They have a super versatile skillset and use many skills and feature almost all the uses "purity" classes have.
  6. Nifty Slacker Augur

I also think mage, necro, or beast would be a good pick. Of the three, I would pick necro for the nice feign death options, but beastlord gets good group buffs. Don't play a tank as your first toon, it would be a horrible grind and you'll find yourself desperate for armor upgrades.
  7. FJ_EQ New Member

If you had 3 - 4 accounts, how would you stripe the various classes across them so that you'd have the most flexibility?
  8. Eriadoc Elder

Obviously, it depends on how you like to play, but for me, I'd go ENC, MAG, NEC with two to three wizard mercs. In fact, I have done so.
  9. FJ_EQ New Member

1. Did I play previously -- Yes, I have a few 70s, 80s from the previous days of playing (mixed raiding and boxing).

2. No preferred style, really want to dig into most of the classes. I have good experience playing a Druid and Enchanter, some Warrior, some Bard.
  10. chspunk New Member

hands down pet class it,mage beastlord or necromancer in my opinion, plus youll be able to line those pockets fairly easy grinding the right areas with any of these 3 classes.
  11. moogs Augur

I box Druid, Enchanter, and either Magician or Warrior. Great setup for nearly all situations.
  12. Jimbob/Silvarfox Elder

Mage/Necro never a bad choice. Can basically solo to 110. Everyone has thier opinions on the subject. but almost everyone will mention both of those classes to start with.
  13. Jimbob/Silvarfox Elder

And if Yimin can do it. You can do it!