Change keying for 3 month servers

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by RainbowCane, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Febb Augur

Roxxlyy is the community manager for both EQ and EQ2. CM's double as the forum moderators as well since they deal with....the community.
  2. Poem New Member

I'm failing to see how your comments are remotely on topic. Let's stay focused on our desire to get increased flag drops. On the plus side, I am happy to see guilds working together. Keep it up phinigel :)
  3. Febb Augur

I don't know many people who use /lfg so that's a terrible metric to use. Established servers use guilds and friends lists to find groups.
  4. Dailor Augur

I was LFG on Phinigel in Kerra Isle for 3 hours, and never got a group. DED SERVER CONFIRMED
    Boze likes this.
  5. Risiko Augur

She's also a master Sims gamer ... Nothing funnier than watching her spend countless hours picking out an outfit for her Sims tunes :p
    Roxxlyy likes this.
  6. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

The devs have limited time and they don't need to waste it every 3 months redoing the flagging for a super low dying population server when they could be fixing things for live, higher pop TLPs and future TLPs.
  7. Poem New Member

I could be wrong, but im pretty sure their profit comes mostly from TLP, old or new. While the population will naturally decrease, it is still far busier than most live servers raid wise. In fact the newest expansion was cleared in 6 days, nearly 20 days faster than the previous TLP. From a raid standpoint the server is healthy. it's a smart choice to keep the players playing, people will only re play TLP for so long. Longevity is the key, at least in my opinion. So yes, i do advocate for additional flags because the top 5 guilds have all shown interests in remaining on the server to live. You can like server A or server B, but at the end of the day phinigel is home to many many players, and we would like that to continue. Keep it classy phinigel.
  8. Kazz99 Elder

Phinny has the most robust end game scene of any TLP thus far, far greater than say... Cornaiv. Regardless for this issue, that is totally irrelevant! This keying issue will affect Cornaiv as well, which, to be honest, IS a server that needs some help, it already has half the end game that Phinny did at this stage and is going into the POP XPAC in feb-march which has proven to be a guild killer..... Good luck there, I don't want any TLP to fail but the fake news you keep spreading to try and bolster your own view of Cornaiv is pretty obvious....

If you are going to troll and provide zero constructive help then I (and likely most folks here) will just ignore you. Please keep this thread on point, it is not up to you to put words into DBG's mouth, the TLP servers are money makers for DBG, it is in their best interest to keep them viable.
  9. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

I don't play on Coirnav, nor will this issue effect Coirnav because like Phinny it will be dead before it hits expansions were this stuff matters.

But can you answer me this one question. If Coirnav is doing bad what does it say about your server that it's massively lower population then Coirnav is at all times of the day? And no i don't mean compared to how Phinny was back in the day, i spent 2 1/2years playing on the server i know how it used to be before it died. I mean right now today how can you doublethink yourself into believing Phinny is a "Robust end game scene" when it's a not even 1/3rd the population of Coirnav currently.
  10. Aegir Augur

There are always means to manipulate facts and data into the history you want to tell, and when it comes to "WaitingforMoreEQ" on the Phinigel Server, It's like hiring Joseph R. McCarthy to give a current perspective and view on the Soviet Union in the 1950's.
  11. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Agreed, our super popular server needs more keys from raids because we don't have enough players to split content and earn the keys. It's not like their is a guild that got through the expansion in like a week cause they actually have players, our 25 person guilds just aren't being given enough keys to complete this impossible task of beating content in the allotted 3 month time frame.
  12. Punchu Augur

I'm not advocating for split raiding as the solution here but your missing one key detail about splits. When you split heavily like that you often have 1 person play a few different characters across the splits. So you're beating events with ~25 but you're using random non raid alts to get mains flagged.
  13. Machentoo Augur

But it does address the problem. We massively split, and had 95% of our active mains flagged and able to participate for our Kerafrym kill in just over a week, before any other guild had even killed Meldrath. The only people who were sat out, were sat out because we were at the 54 man dz cap. I have no idea why you would consider that not solving the problem.
    Crayon123 likes this.
  14. Febb Augur

I can hang quite easily. My guild 3 way splits a ton of content. However we don't need to personally attack people on the forums in order to prove a point.
  15. a_librarian Augur

Your edge from massive spitting is your guild gets much more loot. Same as it has always been

The flagging issue is a problem of compressing content designed to last a year into 3/2 months.
    Crayon123 likes this.
  16. taliefer Augur

its great that there IS a player driven solution, but just because one guild can do it, doesnt mean its an overall feasible solution, nor should it be an acceptable solution for a problem solely brought on by the ruleset of the server.

if they are going to speed up the timeline of these servers, they should increase the amount of flags/quest pieces/whatever form of advancement, handed out by raids in a proportional manner. I honestly dont think that should even be in question. the silence from the devs on this is disheartening.
  17. Machentoo Augur

I completely agree with this for later expansions--Underfoot+. For SoF, I've been talking with a lot of guild officers, and even without donated flags most guilds are finding themselves able to get it done within the first month or so. As I've contended all along, it really isn't the problem everyone is making it out to be--for this expansion. Later expansions, yes, absolutely.
  18. VandilIzer Augur

But Machen that's the fight we are trying to fight, SoF isn't a big deal, SoD doesn't seem like a big deal but UF does, if we don't push / ask for a fix now you will see likely just OGC finishing the xpack. I have not researched the xpacks after that however I believe there are similar issues going forward.

This isn't a thread on "Fix SoF flags and only SoF!" this is a fix all flag cap issues for the server going forward, you clearly agree there is a issue in the future but consistently brush off anyone arguing why its a issue because there are currently ways around it for the current and next expansion.

I'd love to see the devs move to a increase for right now because I believe beating the content should be the block not flag amounts which are clearly pure time barriers, however I am not worried if they don't. I do want a answer for when we hit the wall where it is a real problem that doesn't have a "just split raid it" resolution and I don't want that answer when its already happening.

I just don't agree that we should all ST*U because it's still 5 months away. If they want us to stop discussing it then give us some information on how they plan to address it or at least a "we are talking about how we want to handle the issue". Then I am happy to wait.
  19. a_librarian Augur

I remember reading when Phinny launched this issue was brought up and there was a dev post on it. Can anyone confirm that and have a link handy? Just curious to see what was said and when
  20. Machentoo Augur

A lot of players HAVE been trying to fight for SoF flagging, I am just responding to them. The OP was focused on Underfoot+ but the three or four (or ten) threads that got merged in were mostly focused on SoF. My position all along is that if we want the devs to do something, we need to focus in on the expansions where it really is critical, and it just isn't in SoF.