Familiar of the Emerald Jungle claimable on Phinny

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Sevastopol, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Sevastopol New Member

Is Familiar of the Emerald Jungle supposed to be claimable on phinny? Seems out of era, and I'm too paranoid to claim it after what happened in /claimsgate. Dev care to weigh in on this so we don't have to second guess your intent when claiming it?
  2. Aegir Augur

It was a promotional Item for SoD, means it was available before the realease of SoD in SoF. Makes sense it's available now.
  3. Numiko Augur

The new claims seem rather random, I have one available that is listed as a 2011 winback award, its just some Defiant armour so nothing overpowering, but the Gift of Legacy Lost (also some defiant armor) which was originally available towards the end of SoF is not claimable!

they seem to be a bit out of order....
  4. Punchu Augur

WIPE. IT. CLEAN.
  5. Ryak Augur

I'm confident they have no definitive way to assign eras to the claim items, so everything has been assigned a "guesstimate" arbitrarily.

It's unlikely that it is worth the time to individually evaluate each claimable item when there are so many items and so many other things to do.

I'd rather they spend their time doing higher value things like UF flagging instead.
  6. snailish Augur

I think everything should unlock as of The Buried Sea. I can't think of something that would harm progression replay beyond that point, aside from the obvious lot of work that would be moving something like mercenaries to an earlier era. I'm open to correction on that if there is specific things.

TSS era is kind of an anomaly expac that could/should be kept intact for future progression (Quarm events, and/or a timelock), everything else is basically the modern game post-TSS. Most of the era-tuning care has already been done (focus effects being a notable exception, if that matters) for the earlier eras where it matters the most anyways --although if defiant is still dropping TSS or earlier is should be bumped ahead at least to TBS.
  7. Boze TLP complaint factory

It's worse than the questable TSS familiars either way.
    snailish likes this.
  8. highelfbard New Member

man up, claim it and use it?!!
  9. snailish Augur

^Right.

I don't remember familiars being easy to get before TSS (were there any?). Any marketplace or /claim familiar that is lesser quality than the TSS ones could/should easily be allowed during TSS.

When an out of era thing obsoletes the in-era stuff immediately, then it shouldn't be there. --If the point is us replaying the content and it having value (even if only for one expac).
  10. Shaoqiang Journeyman

Are we safe to claim these?
  11. Numiko Augur

I don't know, I claimed mine and so far so good!
  12. Polekn Augur

I know people who were banned for claiming these. You have been warned.
  13. Punchu Augur

Are you also selling bridges, good sir?
  14. Accipiter Old Timer

Banned when?

I claimed all of mine. I don't see any reason not to. It's only 350 HP/Mana. Not like it's out of era.
  15. Punchis-themonk Elder

It was a SoD pre purchase award so its suppose to be available in SoF