Change keying for 3 month servers

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by RainbowCane, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Khadric New Member

Adding my support for this concern.

I've never raided this content, and hearing that flagging pieces become even more scarce as the expansions roll on is disheartening.
  2. Crayon123 Augur

When you start seeing desperate thread hi-jack posts like this from the top guild on the server, you know the Coirnav server is on life support.
    Phinny4Life likes this.
  3. Risiko Augur

I'm so sick of hearing people make this statement because it simply is not true of all guilds that split raid.

Some guilds split raid simply because they can, and by doing so, they get 2 to 3 times the amount of loot they would give in a given week. I'm in a guild that does that very thing, and we do NOT do it because we have too many people. We do it because we are well geared and extremely efficient at what we do. We split raid, and take down the targets with the bare minimum number of members to accomplish it. Could we put the whole guild in one raid? Of course we can. There's just no reason to do 1 raid with 70ish people to get 1 set of raid loot when we can do 2 raids with 35ish people and get 2 sets of raid loot.

Hell I can recall us doing targets on a 3 split because we were able to take down the targets with 20 people that most guilds required 40+ people to take down.

It's time to stop pretending that those guilds that split raids are worse than your guild because you ASSUME they need more members to take down content. It isn't our fault that you guild isn't good enough to split raids with FEWER members per raid to take down content that takes you a full raid force to take down.
    Phinny4Life likes this.
  4. Punchis-themonk Elder

Save the server
  5. Risiko Augur

We still have five weeks left of Velious, and most people in my guild have the majority of what they want from the expansion already. If they upped the drop rate of raid gear by even 8x, we would have been done with Velious before the end of the first month with nothing left to do.
  6. Risiko Augur

A guild split Vulak this week with bare minimum numbers per raid force. Do you consider Vulak not worth raiding?
  7. Risiko Augur

Fake news.
  8. Punchu Augur

Stop wandering into these threads and comparing your Fisher-Price My First Raid Content to raiding in SoF and beyond. Just stop.

Bonus Edit: Tell me more about how 4 splitting Quarm doesn't add time to the raid night.
    Phinny4Life likes this.
  9. FIsh Lips Augur

With half the raid force? Yes. That is time I could be spending doing literally anything else.
  10. FIsh Lips Augur

I don't care what your guild does, mine will not do it. If I ask them to put a 4th night on the raid schedule they will /gquit immediately, me with them.

Go out, get a life, spend less time in game and get more loot. Once you beat a boss twice, you've mostly proven that you can beat the boss. The rest is just farming, let's expedite that. If you want to be up at 2 in the morning waiting for OW vulak to spawn, more power to you, I'm going to be in bed. Alternately, if your obsessive playing of this game combined with more loot drops has you rolling in gear, then consider alts. With all the classes the game has, even in Velious missing 2 classes, a 10x increase in loot drops would not be enough to gear everyone up in era.
  11. Risiko Augur

First off, I have a life. There just isn't much to do in Velious beside raiding, so there is PLENTY of time to go do things in real life.

I do spend less time in game, and I get plenty of loot. Again, there isn't much to do in Velious beyond raiding. Show up to raid, kill targets, get loot, log out and do something outside of EQ.

No batphone. I hung the batphone up about 3 TLP servers ago.

I know that its easy to assume that anybody that does something in less time than yourself is somehow a bad person. They zerg everything, batphone it in, up 24 hours a day hunting targets, they have no life outside of the game, etc. Those are all the typical stereotypes, but its simply not true of everyone nor every guild. Sure. There are guilds and people like that, but not every successful player or guild is one of them.

The reality is that I have a life, a career, a family, work a normal 40+ hour work week, don't batphone, play MORE than just EverQuest in my spare time, work hard to keep my health up, do not live at home with my parents (they've passed away many, many years ago), and still manage to raid all in-era content and gear up in BiS with little to no hassle. I know that does not fit your stereotype, but that's the facts.

Am I a better person than you? No. Not necessarily. I'm just me, and you are you. But, to assume that it can't be done, is inaccurate at best and misleading at worse.
  12. Punchu Augur

Faceless interested in competition is the funniest thing I've heard all week.
  13. Zanarnar Augur

If you just want to play on a server that rains down free loot on you.. go setup your own . With the AoC's loot enters the game way faster then it was ever intended, at least before instanced raids were the norm.
  14. sriraxa New Member

I love Phinny and my friends and guild there just as you love Coirnav and your friends and guild there!

But why would I want to change to a server that, left uncorrected on Phinigel, is just going to experience the same titanic logjam?

Back to the topic--please boost flagging on Phinigel (and for all progression servers that will one day experience the same flagging problems).

Thank you.
    Crom-Eci likes this.
  15. Roxas MM Augur

If you have 70ish people in your guild, you should at least try to split stuff. You will be surprised with how much you can do if everyone pays attention.

We have splitted targets in both TSS and TBS and will definitely split raids in SoF as well, to get more people flagged in less time. Not because we have over 100 people in the guild ( haha, that would be the day, together with our alliance partners CC we're usually not even a full raid with mains ), but because we have smart raid leaders, and we try and get it done. ( and yes, we do have families, jobs and other stuff besides EQ, we left our moms basement years ago, thank you ).

And is has said before, most people on Phinny are there for the long road, so either we stay and keep progressing, or we quit. Doing classic to at least PoP over again is not an option. Stuff is way to easy, raids are boring, no thanks. Been there, done that.
    Phinny4Life and Crom-Eci like this.
  16. Zapsos Augur

10x is ridiculous and I can only hope that's hyperbole, otherwise any vague accomplishments from getting loot that still exist would be completely gone...
  17. Zapsos Augur

Quite frankly this should be considered an emergency patch...
  18. Machentoo Augur

No need for an emergency patch, the emergency is still ~5 months away.
  19. FIsh Lips Augur

You can't be serious, or have the reading comprehension of an orange haired trout.

There is no accomplishment. We have all done this 20+ times, this game has been beaten many, many times. Doing it 20 more is a recipe for burn out. Make it stop.

There is some accomplishment in doing this the first one or two times with a new guild. After that it's the same thing, over and over and over again. So no, not hyperbole. I am sorry if it undermines your RMT scheme.
  20. Machentoo Augur

Actually, in the case of SoF, that hasn't been the case. We (OGC) have largely split using alts. We've taken more time doing it than ever before, because on the harder fights (Big Bynn, Spindlecrank, Meldrath) we haven't been running our splits simultaneously--we do one raid at a time, so everyone can play a character in each split and fully focus on it. We've managed to four split all the t1/2 raids this way and two split meldrath with about 55-60 mains showing up each raid night.

End result, we've probably spent 25% more time raiding this week than if we had not split. But nearly every main is meldrath flagged, and a few alts.

The real time consumer though, has been clearing Crystallos with 24 flags. We've put a ton of time into it, and were able to do some things that we really didn't think possible going into it--including beating Vyskudra last night with 26 characters. We probably spent six hours on Vyskudra alone, multiple attempts on several different nights until we found the optimal strategy for a tiny raid force.

As of tonight, we should have two more meldrath kills for 48 total crystallos flags, which means that the vast majority of our raiders will either be flagged or piggied in for our first Kerafrym kill (and the people sitting out, will be sitting out due to the 54 man dz cap, not due to lack of flags.) By this time next week, every main who has showed up since launch will by crystallos flagged.

It's Dima's call, but it is certaily possible that within a week or two, we will start having extra flags we don't need, and we'd likely be willing to work something out with some of the other guilds on the server so that you all can experience the content more quickly. Possibly we can work something out for Underfoot even that would let guilds experience more of the content in era, if the devs don't change anything.
    Fhiele likes this.