Hit level 94, wish I had never re-subbed

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kibblesnkits, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Laronk Augur

It comes down to you gotta make friends in game everquest isnt a solo game. You didn't say if it was a named or trash that handed you your and we don't know what kind of gear you have. Gearing in other games is way easier and more straightforward, you find the guy with the ! kill a few wolves and you get a piece of gear.

Are you heroic? If so did you get the full set of 30 ac augs that a heroic can get, if you're not heroic did you go get an ac aug for every slot?

If you're on FV I can help you and we can figure out what's wrong.

If you're not on Firona Vie tell us which server you're on and someone will probably give you a hand.

There's a lot of potential issues from AA count (probably not an aa issue if you subbed and you're gold you can auto grant all those aa is auto grant on?)
    Is it a spell lineup issue, are you spamming your lifetaps?
    Are you using your discs
    Are you mashing http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=28308 renounce every time it pops most importantly on incoming, renounce and its line of spells like withstand and so on are very important to knights

Did you gear up in the house of thule expansion? If you were a heroic you come with the equivilent of tier 1 HOT gear just going from tier 1 hot to tier 1 voa is ~30% raw hp and 15% raw AC + if you got ac augs in every slot there's another 15% raw ac over what you had in HOT without any ac augs. So if you went from being a heroic character in good gear to being under geared it could be a lot of the issue you're seeing.

Gearing up as a solo player can be hard though because nameds are hard when you're a solo player (nameds can even be hard when you're boxing a group and still some nameds are even hard for proper groups)

TLDR; If you're on Firona Vie PM me I'll help you, if you're on another server I'm sure someone here will help you
  2. Raptour_MT Elder

Honestly, you would be better off going to a different game. EQ is a shell of the game it was years ago. The community has become toxic, the gameplay has become tedious and the devs have become incompetent, showing favoritism to some classes and ignoring others.
    Nifty Slacker likes this.
  3. Prepared Lorekeeper

Yea the Rogue is way overpowered in Player Versus Player (PvP). And _everyone_ that plays a rogue on the Zek server uses hacks that position the rogue directly behind their target as well as some other hacks. I'm not exactly sure why the game company doesn't punish them. It could be lack of 'evidence'.
  4. IblisTheMage Augur

Your position is weakened by the abundance of non-toxic support given in this thread to the OP.

May I be so bold as to point that the toxicity and negativity in this thread could be said to come from your post? I disagree with all your statements, btw, and strongly and diametrically so.
    Tatanka, moogs, Thraine and 1 other person like this.
  5. Natal Augur

At 93 as a tank you should not be having too much difficulty in the starting zone, so I am thinking that there is stuff he is not telling us, such as wearing much weaker gear.

Tradeable gear for that level should not be too hard to come by.
  6. Bigstomp Augur

EQ is a somewhat complex game including a lot of tribal knowledge.

I'd consider seeing what he might be missing before suggesting he's leaving out details that he may not even know are details. (that heroic starter gear is pretty weak - so it could be gear).

Gear, abilities, things to watch out for. Many of these things we take for granted that everyone should know, but someone returning to the game has either forgotten or is not aware of.
    IblisTheMage and Pirlo like this.
  7. baider Elder

to everyone who says you need to make friends and that it is slower at those levels, you don't realize how many people there ARENT at those levels. if you do a /who, you will see, and then count how many of those are boxes or alts that people arent even grouping with others with, the vast majority of the time it is non existent for the hard levels leading up to max level, 90-100 is pretty slim pickings, and the gear just isnt good enough to do much soloing for some classes.
  8. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Argath is more difficult than the northern part of Valley of Lunanyn; just like Feerrott the Dream is more difficult than Lower HoT.
  9. IblisTheMage Augur

...but 85+ - 105 goes extremely fast if invited into a group of 110 grinding xp, which does happen quite a bit.

Large family style guilds ftw.
  10. Natal Augur

Right, but tradeable gear means that any new toons at that level are a lot more powerful than people who played when it was current. So he should not be having too much difficulty. If he is struggling it probably has to do with getting behind on things like important AAs and picking up tradeable gear with the appropriate level ranges.

A new or returning player might be tempted into just doing xp into leveling for example, and ignoring AAs, which is going to leave them fundamentally deficient compared to players who did the content when it was current.
  11. Natal Augur

Parts of it are, other parts are not.
  12. IblisTheMage Augur

Autogrant should cover that until lvl 100...
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  13. Natal Augur

Most people leveled up in HoT before going to VoA, unless they were in solid groups. If he is having difficulty in VoA he should stay in HoT and get more levels/AA, then do VoA.
  14. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Dead Hills HAs are pretty steady when you find Argath a bit much. Gribbles missions while mind numbing after awhile can initially provide some levels and a little gear during that mid 90s stretch.
  15. Nifty Slacker Augur

Well no response from OP. Think he quit. Defeated by VoA.
  16. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Or, the suggestions worked, and he felt no need to reply as the only reason he came was to get that info.
    Yinla likes this.