What is the proper way to report 24/7 bot groups?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by JeffHanson, Oct 11, 2018.

1. JeffHanson Augur

What is the correct (or most efficient) way to report groups that are using automation software for unattended gameplay? These groups monopolize camps and continuously farm chase loot.

This question does not relate to legitimate "boxing", which is certainly allowed.
  2. code-zero Augur

use the in game /petition and be sure to give character names as well as zone name with no shorthand
  3. Mizen Baenre Lorekeeper

Too bad that the old school method of giving them a 100 mob train to chew on is frowned upon.
  4. Dreadmore Augur

Is it training if you didn't bring the train within agro range of them and their dumb auto-botting script intentionally tags one of the NPCs within that train?
    Tierwyn likes this.
  5. Roxxlyy Augur

In-game /petition or sending in a ticket to help.daybreakgames.com! Be sure to provide as much information as possible, as it helps our team move things along more quickly.
  6. Warpeace Augur

Any chance you can be more specific what the people answering the /petition or sending in a ticket to help.daybreakgames.com would like included and format to help expedite their end?

It might sound silly, but a template would help the player base file there complaints better and make sure the needed info is there.
    Tierwyn, Corwyhn Lionheart and Barton like this.
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

A template would be a great idea. Or at the very least a list of details to include.
    Warpeace and Tierwyn like this.
  8. Tierwyn Lorekeeper

it is not. you are just simply trying to travel, and making sure you drop mobs before they train anyone. if they decide to aggro it, hey.. should've coded your program better ;)
  9. Eniner Augur

When you open the petition tab select the option,

I have a problem with a Character , Quest item, or another player.
    For subject put afk users.
    Include zone include all char names include the time how long you have watched if you're gpu is working to record things do so send that in as evidence as well. Also use /guildstatus on anon players to show guild they are in include that also.
  10. Warpeace Augur

Great you chimed in but many players really have no clue what to add or how to record it. Should we go back to your UI fix and how miffed you got there? Take it down a notch and think of the basic player. How to they record it and submit it.
  11. Eniner Augur

Most GPU updaters have a side program. Such as nvidia cards have Geforce exp etc you can record players using that and what ever the programs hot keys are to turn it on. For my gpu ALT+Z will cut on recorder and it records everything i see. You then would use the file attachment icons and upload it or do inform them that you have recording of this and due to certain scripts they wont be caught by average gm or guide. Most those scripts are designed to automatically leave zone / camp /ex out of game if they detect either of those so to me informing them you recorded the said afkers for a solid 10 mins repeating the same functions if you are not able to upload it they can provide a option of where you can send it to be reviewed if the option to upload screenshots/videos is not there. Screen shots 99% of the time will not be used as evidence as they feel they can be altered. Where video footage is quite harder to alter and more solid proof of said claim. I only recommend recording due to by time petition does hit the right hands of someone who will investigate it the person being petitioned may have camped already and they will just move on to the next one.
  12. Eniner Augur

In my opinion it would do the game a solid with afkers if daybreak allowed the guides to be like they once was. Customer service who assisted with stuff they just didnt have the time for them selves.
  13. Warpeace Augur

Class leads would be another good thing to bring back. Sadly I just don't see it happening.
    Tierwyn likes this.
  14. Nudia Augur

Let's be honest - if they had any interest in actually doing something, they could probably hop server to server in Frontier Mountains alone and pop a few dozen accounts right this moment, no reporting necessary.
    Tierwyn likes this.
  15. Warpeace Augur

If they employed one person to hop server to server looking at a very few specific zones they could suspend or ban many accounts.
    Tierwyn likes this.
  16. Warpeace Augur

This would be a good thing.
    Tierwyn likes this.
  17. Sam Hyde "You're" on ignore

I had a teacher that used to say "soandso, can you cut the lights on" as we came back from recess.
    Baffling.
  18. Dreadmore Augur

... is that a verbal typo??? o_O
  19. Spleen Journeyman

I've tried a petition and the bots are still there.

Right now in Coirnav - Velkator's Labyrinth - Main pick and both other picks - theres a 100% automated bot group in Upper Dogs camp on all instances.

So can some awake GM please kinda do something ?
  20. xxGriff Augur

The current state of online gaming is like all other bus models, and keeping costs down means fewer resources. despite the common refrain that Company X does not care or they want the revenue stream from ALL THOSE ACCOUNTS, is incredibly myopic. there are protocols, and they are followed. hence, the repeated advice of more information and "proof". It is best when the playing field is uniform and everyone play be the rules but, lets be honest. There are and sadly i feel always will be those who will look for advantages and cheats. if there is a monetary reward to this, the cheats will be more pronounced. I too wish management would act with certainty and expedite those who take advantage of exploits and cheats removal, but i also know you can only do what your resources allow. there are no GM's like we had in 1999 era. i dont see them returning anytime soon. /petition and provide any/all information and move on.