Luxury Pet Gear

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Duhbeast, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Sancus Augur

Pretty much, you definitely want all of your mod2s maxed.

For reference, these are the stats of the cloak (EM 18 in this case):

Cloak of Enhancement XVIII

MAGIC ITEM TEMPORARY
    Slot: BACK
    STR: 0+78 DEX: 0+1 STA: 0+35 WIS: 0+35 INT: 0+35 AGI: 0+35
    HP Regen +127 Mana Regeneration: +89
    WT: 0.1 Size: SMALL
    Class: ALL
    Race: NONE

The HP/mana regen don't do a whole lot. The heroics on the cloak are pretty good, but they don't necessarily make up for the complete lack of other stats. If you're inclined to replace it, I'd recommend parsing it out to see if what you're giving is hurting or helping your pet, but either way I doubt you'll see a big swing (and will need parses to notice the difference).
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  2. Duhbeast Augur

I'm looking at a bright edge and a blade of eternal tempering for weaps. Is it true only the main hand procs if the weaps are the same?
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. fransisco Augur

how did you get this?
  4. Sancus Augur

Lucy/allakhazam have many recorded, up to EM 20 IIRC. They all follow the same naming conventions, with "Cloak of Enhancement" + EM rank (e.g. EM 20 is Cloak of Enhancement XX). The cloaks are originally recorded by people who have their pets go rogue, which allows the pet to be killable and drop the gear it's wearing.
  5. fransisco Augur

so if someone charms your pet and you kill it, you can see the cloak?
  6. fergel New Member

Has anyone parsed that you can give a pet Castaway gear and they keep it? Rather an expensive option, but he would be a monster. Not sure how much of an improvement it would be over Dimensional.
  7. Cicelee Augur

Once the pet dies you lose anything you gave it.
  8. Bigstomp Augur

Not an expert, but pet will not use no trade gear. That's why dimensional matters, it's not no trade.
  9. Duhbeast Augur

TDS tier 1 is droppable, but the dimensional gear had better AC than the beastlord version of castaway at least, because it's plate and made for tanks.
  10. fransisco Augur

plus the AC on dimensional is worth WAY more to pets than the extra hp on castaway is.
    moogs likes this.
  11. Siddar Augur

It was tell they cut returns for AC on pets. Now it's questionable.
  12. moogs Augur

I use the Timesplitter Throwing Axe for Range.
  13. Duhbeast Augur

I had found that after I had posted this, and didn't follow up. Good call. I should make a spread sheet of the stats and post it sometime via excel.
  14. fransisco Augur

AC returns for pets were only cut on buffs, not gear.
  15. Nylrem Augur

Scribe Equipment of the Ethernere

Range: Timesplitter throwing ax, ethercharged bola

Back: Cloak of the Past, Warping cloak or similar tailored cloak, several to choose from.

Weaps: Chronomagic ax, blade of eternal tempering, etc...

A fully outfitted air pet will tank better than an out of the box earth pet, and dps better than a water pet, and agro a good bit better than an out of the box air pet.

A full kit makes a significant difference.
    Ladene likes this.
  16. Mintalie Augur

Bump on this thread. Curious if any of you guys ( _Duhbeast_Iblis_Sancus_Moogs_Nylrem_ ) have updated pet gear tactics?
    Ladene, Tierwyn and OldCa61 like this.
  17. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Have people tried outfitting their pet with conflagrant gear? or is that taking "luxury" too far?
  18. S33k3r Augur

I went as far as giving pet a pair of Conflagrant items and then died on route to HS as I forgot levi :oops:
    Tierwyn likes this.
  19. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I am new to Mages. Is there any resource out there with gear lists/parses/data that fleshes out the various options?

My Mage pet DIES all the time. I have EM 18 (I think), I am lvl 110 with Pet AAs maxed.

Would love to start sourcing better gear if it makes a difference.
    OldCa61 likes this.
  20. Tierwyn Lorekeeper

Conflag stuff would be awesome, since we're talking luxury.. anyone know if it works?