Pet gear for OCD mages

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Mintalie, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Mintalie Augur

Prior to my retirement, I was outfitting my pet with tradeskill gear constantly. I was also buying a few key pieces in the bazaar as well. Of course I've now forgotten everything that I made and bought.

Can someone give me an update on tradeskill gear to give pets and also tradeable items from the bazaar? Due to cost and trivial, I'd not consider anything from the current or probably even last expansion... so probably TBM or even earlier is what I'm interested in. Baz-wise, interested in affordable things that can be purchased, so, again, probably TBM and earlier.

I have gone to the Magician's Tower and it is a sad, sad ghost town, and I have cried many tears over its demise.
    Ladene and IblisTheMage like this.
  2. IblisTheMage Augur

I (used to) search by location in bazar, and either sort by AC or by Dex, filtering for upper price limit, going through the slots.

It has a noticeable and measurable effect, but it is still marginal as soon as you go into a good group, and the lack of persistency makes it tiresome. Biggest effect is when soloing.

My input is that as long as it is not persistent, I grow tired of ot very fast for the annoying micro-management and the large amount of bag space it takes to run arround with a couple of sets. Also, there is an inverse correlation between pet longevity and the amount of gear that I have put on it :) /jk

If an expansion offered nothing but pet gear persistance, I would buy it without blinking (not the annoying version that mercs have, mind you). But there have never been a positive indication of this from DBG AFAIK.
    Mintalie likes this.
  3. Inagaki Elder

4. Mintalie Augur

Exactly, and since I spend a lot of time pet-tanking--not soloing, but me + chanter + 2 healer mercs--it really does make a difference.
    Ain't that the damn truth, on both points!
    FANTASTIC, thank you! I promise I did search the forums, but sometimes it's like finding a needle in a haystack on here. :p
  5. IblisTheMage Augur

Mintalie, have you blocked elixir, promised (not sure if mercs cast Complete Heal anymore) on your pets?

It is a huge boost, and going from 2 —> 1 merc gives 25% more xp pr kill in your setup.
  6. Mintalie Augur

I will double-check but I am almost certain that both of those are blocked.

I did not know that bout the mercs. :-/ I'm still too rusty and squishy to risk that in EoK & RoS current, for now...