Culturist Devari

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by EQOracle, Oct 8, 2018.

1. EQOracle Journeyman

Hi, just wondering what is going on with Culturist Devari on Phinny. Previous patch listed that npc out with DoN unlock. Are you going to bring back upon the SoF launch? Just want some information please.
  2. Catashe Augur

Doubt it considering he is way WAY out of era... Had to be a obvious mistake... The "easy" cult stuff without the loam was put in in like CotF
  3. Baldur Augur

Yeah, the patch notes were about the historians in front of the library, not Culturist Devari.

Scribe Zikett is also in the game and they still haven't removed him. He doesn't really matter though because as far as I could tell all his recipes are not make-able in Phinigel's current era.

I'm curious if they're going to stealth delete some stuff with this mornings down time.
  4. Ryak Augur

He also sold some other problematic stuff, including researched tradeskill items which are supposed to be valuable for players to make until The Broken Mirror or so, when this npc was actually introduced.
  5. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Mostly we want to restrict a few things he sells. He will be back in the next patch without some of his items. (until TBM)
  6. Catashe Augur

Hmmmm a few things? like 90% of the stuff he sold was WAAAAY out of era lol
  7. EQOracle Journeyman

Thank you for the reply Ngreth. Will people who may have stocked up on supplies have those items removed also if it is that sort of situation? On Phinny there is a large amount of the elegant armor already for sale, so I assume many of the smiths/tailors who did not get a chance to purchase before the npc was removed will be at a serious disadvantage from here on out when crafting those items. Or am I misinformed on what the npc had available? After dumping hundreds of thousands of platinum into these tradeskills it would be unfortunate to not have the advantages many others now have.
  8. Catashe Augur

I seriously doubt theres that many people who don't have the stuff.. I mean that vendor was up for like 2 weeks apparently and once people learned elegant armor could be made to blew through the server like a flashfire and other than the mechanoinstructions he sold for cheap and the live cult armor recipe book.. He didn't really sell anything that you might be considered really that huge of a advantage.. the only advantage is the live recipe book doesn't require you to have the loams for the cult armor recipes like it was before he appeared
  9. Baldur Augur

It's not just the loams/spinnerets/marrow that wasn't required, it also just takes 1 ore or 1 animal pelt for any piece, even BP and legs.

If they don't remove the Elegant armor before SoF unlocks tomorrow afternoon I doubt they can remove it after that. Because once SoF unlocks it can be made and I don't think there's a way for them to differentiate between armor that was made before the release and pieces that weren't.
  10. EQOracle Journeyman

Not requiring the porous loam sounds like a pretty huge advantage to me. Those loam prices seem to be between 1k-3k from what I have noticed. Even so if its not the advantage you claim it is then it should be no big deal to either remove from those that have, or leave the item on the vendor. Since the last patch stated the npc would be in I know many traderskillers did not rush to get those items and were unaware the the elegant recipes were live.
  11. Catashe Augur

eh loams were only expensive cause they normally drop from mobs where there was only a few options in TSS... alot more will drop once SoF comes.. And yea I forgot about the whole only 1 ore/pelt/silk needed thing.. that was probably the biggest advantage more than the loams.. and the only way i can think of for them to remove the advantage is remove the artisan materials people bought... no way they gonna put dev time so close to a expansion launch to deactivate EVERY cult armor recipe that uses the artisan materials if they ain't going to let those recipes stand
  12. Ngreth Thergn Developer

At this time we are not removing stuff achieved through that vendor, directly or indirectly.