Help getting started Agnarr

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Sevinkgorogue, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Sevinkgorogue New Member

Hey everyone,

It's been quite awhile since I've dedicated some time to eq. I decided to roll with Agnarr server from scratch and seem to be drawing a blank when it comes to making plat. I'm not wanting to buy krono and twink until I've leveled my BST and need fillers for my alts. With that being said, other than Hill Giants around level 45(ish? if I remember properly) what are some other ways a newb can get to farming some plat. I've had some people throw me a little plat to get a solid start, however I'm wanting to fill up my entire inventory slots with even older gear. I know unless your twinking from the get and soloing/getting PL'd tanking mass amount of mobs with a dmg shield, gear as a whole isn't too too important until mid 50's. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm lvl 19 now leveling in PC. Pointers from my fellow Beastlord's is much appreciated(gear, zones for leveling/soloing, camps to farm, etc).

Thanks much, and see you around!

-Sevink
  2. Coirnavshadowknight Journeyman

First step: pray the servers are up.
    Profit!
    awww server down again for 12 hours.
  3. mattie diesel Journeyman

what level you make it to so far btw? I wouldn't mind giving you a bit of a head start with equipment or goods that may be of use- maybe some strong-ish items for a lvl 1 as well. Opportunity to start with stuff instead of financially starting clean. lmk.
  4. Sevinkgorogue New Member

I def appreciate it. Im level 18, just about 19. I've got polished steel ulak, owlbear club(from the 40 named in shadowweavers thicket, and some decent stuff from the baz in some of my slots. trying to farm up for a better chest and someone had given me schw. I know they drop in cc like crazy, but still, nice to have some haste! My gear isn't horrid, but its not that great.
  5. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

Nothing you do before hill giants is going to make you a sizable amount of plat, sadly. Tradeskill mats might if you search the bazaar for something that can be sold at a high amount and you can farm.

On the subject of gear, LDoN launches tomorrow and you'll be able to progress and purchase gear through it's system.
  6. Machentoo Augur

I mean, you can, sure. But you'll be a whole lot more efficient to just level up through non-ldon zones, grabbing what gear you can along the way, then joining a raid guild once max level to quickly gear up in time loot that far surpasses anything you'd get in ldon.
  7. Fhiele Augur

Stay in Paludal til you're 24. Those bandits drop a lot of reasonably good vendor crap. You can leave at 24 with 100-200plat, which is enough to get a better weapon. Barring enough money for 65hp rings, 35hp/25mana earrings and the like, a weapon is the one thing to spend on.
  8. 2000 Years Later New Member

The quickest leveling progression is going to be Unrest to 30, LGuk to 40, Velks to 61 and then wherever you can find Planar or LDoN groups. Basically that's where most of the players have been (pre LDoN). Nothing really jumps to mind plat earning wise. FS and coin loot. Velks doesn't have good loot until you get to the named camps (around 45+). I have pretty good success selling bronze armor in the bazaar.
  9. 2000 Years Later New Member