Can't log in - Servers "up"

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by haaaalp, Oct 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Exaaver Lorekeeper

EQ is silently killing their servers and ending the game to focus on other Daybreak titles :'(
    kharmelion and Tierwyn like this.
  2. Borune Journeyman

Random "searching the web cuz I can't login" image :)

[IMG]
    Quiliue, Rumardian and Tierwyn like this.
  3. ZoomBox Lorekeeper

A connection to the server could not be reached. Please check your internet connection to make sure you are online.
    If the problem persists, please check our Network Status and Scheduled Downtime pages for updates. If the problem persists , please use our Help Link for further assistance
    Just like DBG . . . Blame it on You initially . . . Check your internet connection is listed FIRST
    kharmelion and Rumardian like this.
  4. Paps New Member

got a new error now it is telling me it cant reach the server and it will not allow me to close it out without using program manager.................
  5. Jimbob/Silvarfox Elder

This was for maintenance not a regular patch. Honestly as I fully understand people's frustration IMO if whatever the maintenance was fixed the lag on the servers especially during raids it will all be worth it. Honestly I would rather see them take their time to fix this then to patch fix it and servers be unstable for the next month
    Repo likes this.
  6. Ares1031 New Member

Well. at least I'm not the only one. Saw the fake green "server up" on the main forum page and thought maybe I was just having an issue on my end. Seems its just like last time they did a patch though. Hours of not being able to log in. sigh. I'm no tech guy and computers are typically not my best friend, but I would venture to guess that there is a way to keep something like this from happening over and over.
    Rumardian likes this.
  7. Fishlips_Jones Journeyman

I get that too, and now after several tries to log in, even before I get the message above, I get the message in the program manager that EQ is not responding.
  8. Oldie New Member

Heh, depends on the issue. Problem is to determine whatever changed between when it worked, and when it didn't. Seems they are having difficulty troubleshooting the problem.
  9. Tierwyn Lorekeeper

if they do this and fix the raid lag, contact me in game, ill reward you with a krono. everyone here is a witness.
  10. DarthRachito New Member

I'm cryinnnnggg. I came home early from work, struggled for ages to get in the game, GOT IN, made a new BST to have some fun in my "free" time. And then the servers came down, Like everyone was having trouble loggin in apparently but I was able to get in, and now no one can. This is soo frustrating. I dont blame DBG, but also, could we get some more communication please? I need to know how many more hours I should sit here refreshing the login page, or if i should just move on with my life (take a nap)
  11. koldyne Lorekeeper

Haha..This is spot on. That is exactly how i escalate.
    kharmelion likes this.
  12. Thraxin Goodbrew New Member

This SUUUUUUUX
    DarthRachito likes this.
  13. Coirnavshadowknight Journeyman

"
    The team has been working to resolve these issues all day. The server restarts were the next step in this process, and it was stated in the maintenance update that there was no guarantee that players would be able to login following the restarts, which has been the case.

We are continuing to work on the problem, and will notify players when servers become available. "

14. Coirnavshadowknight Journeyman

I'd like a journal log of what "work" looks like...in like 15 minute intervals...

Cause if something takes THAT long, you must not be actually properly trained to handle your own product.
    kharmelion likes this.
  15. ZoomBox Lorekeeper

Status: 10/9/2018 12:21 PDT - We are currently investigating an issue with logging into the game.

Any further updates SIX hours later?
    kharmelion likes this.
  16. johntherob Journeyman

The problem is it WONT fix the server lag. it wont fix anything. This was a maintanence issue that shouldnt have affected the programming side at all and they screwed it up
    Tierwyn likes this.
  17. Tierwyn Lorekeeper

thread will most likely be closed/locked soon. maybe i'll get really lucky and the servers will be down all day tomorrow too for my day off :D
  18. Nitemayre New Member

I just figured that the new server hardware they installed caused somekind of feedback in all the other servers and killed all the hamsters. Maybe all the pet stores in their area are closed, so they can't replace them till they open tomorrow.
    Tierwyn likes this.
  19. Exaaver Lorekeeper

Where is this from?
    Coirnavshadowknight likes this.
  20. Duddles Lorekeeper

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.