Update on server downtime?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yinla, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Abbydog Journeyman

As for me, Id rather be playing EQ but at least theres a new season of The Man in the High Castle to watch ;)
    Ronove likes this.
  2. YellowBelly Augur

12 hours. I'm calling it now.
    Ronove likes this.
  3. cherzal New Member

I only have 2 questions. (1) why can't they communicate better with their paying customers? (2) why are they so bad at their jobs?
    Ronove likes this.
  4. Deedeedee New Member

Things happen and there is no control over that. What bothers me the most is trying to resist the urge to read a post on the forums like this and read the same complaints and grumbles that are posted every time something happens. As you can tell, I couldn't resist. :rolleyes:
    Ronove likes this.
  5. Sendai New Member

Watching "Shooter" and having a cold Mt Dew. Played EQ since 2001, just give them time and they will fix it. Going all drama on the forums doesn't speed it along, just makes ya look like an . In life you must have patience, if peeps get all worked up about a game...they have bigger problems.
    Pirlo and Thunderkiks like this.
  6. Angahran Augur

Still getting 'timeout' trying to login and no word on how long servers are going to be unavailable.
    Ronove likes this.
  7. Gemini New Member

Im logging in now. had to manually type in account info a few times but finally got to server select.
    Ronove likes this.
  8. Shiloh-Coirnav New Member

2hrs for maintenance
    4hrs to fix maintenance
    3hrs for login servers to be accessible with all the dust.
    Ronove likes this.
  9. Gremin Augur

I have said it for years now, I believe they use EQ as their training grounds for all their other products.
    Ronove likes this.
  10. Fishlips_Jones Journeyman

'Looks like I picked a bad game to stop sniffing glue'
    Ronove, Mediik and Andarriel like this.
  11. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

My goodness. There's other games other than EverQuest for 1 day, people! :)

Tonight you have one of the only sports events that will be in the same league (ratings wise) as a football game in SoX/Yanks game 4, an elimination game. One of the most watched TV shows on network TV is on tonight in NCIS, FBI following so far is entertaining. Isn't it nice to have a break from the grind?
    Ronove likes this.
  12. Bluetangclan New Member

I am stuck out here in the desert working 12 hour days 7 days a week and I managed to get a half night off and wanted to level my toon. And then this happens? W T F
    Ronove and Tierwyn like this.
  13. Finnster Elder

any ETA on when we can log in again?
    Ronove likes this.
  14. Numiko Augur

I made it to server select! .. and then it timed out .. :oops:
    Ronove likes this.
  15. zeddicul99 New Member

I have worked in IT for 14 years. It seems like a company taking so many subscriptions should be able to have some redundancy. They should have backup servers that kick in automatically if the main servers fail during any patch or hardware issue. We have point of sale systems, websites, and all that duplicated so that we can always flip a switch and kick over to backup. They continuously duplicate the data from one to the other. It just doesn't seem that complicated to me and should be the first place you put your money when uptime is everything. I hope it is fixed by tomorrow.
  16. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Fail.

That is all.
  17. Numiko Augur

managed to get 3 of my 4 accounts in, started burning lesson and then see "Server Shutdown Imminent!! log out in a safe spot! ../sigh :(
  18. Mediik Augur

Ya. Having worked IT for many years... when routine maintenance becomes.. OH sh*t. Probably results in some interesting conversations. Wonder how much IT was cut during layoffs.
    Ronove likes this.
  19. Zoso Journeyman

I can imagine the smoke rising from their keyboards as they furiously google how to fix this.
  20. Fishlips_Jones Journeyman

Aren't these guys Russians? Didn't they hack Hillary and the DNC? And they can't fix a log in problem?
    Zoso, Ronove, Tierwyn and 1 other person like this.